Champions League Quarter Finals | Chelsea vs Real (Tue) | Bayern vs City (Wed)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Streamed live on UEFA.com

Bayern (GER)
Benfica (POR)
Chelsea (ENG)
Inter (ITA)
Man City (ENG)
AC Milan (ITA)
Napoli (ITA)
Real Madrid (SPA)

Can teams from the same country play each other in the Champions League quarter-finals?
Yes, it is an open draw. There are no seedings and no country protection, so clubs can face opposition from the same national association and teams they previously came up against in the group stage.

How does the Champions League quarter-final draw work?
Eight balls containing the names of the quarter-finalists are placed in a large central bowl and shuffled. The first team drawn plays its first match at home, against the second team drawn. The procedure is repeated with the remaining balls in the bowl to complete the quarter-final pairings.

Are the Champions League semi-finals drawn at the same time?
Yes. For the semi-final draw, four balls containing slips of paper marked 'Winners of quarter-final 1' to 'Winners of quarter-final 4' are placed in a large central bowl and shuffled. The first and second balls drawn determine the first semi-final pairing, the first ball drawn representing the home team for the first leg. The procedure is repeated with the remaining balls in the bowl to complete the semi-final pairings.

There will then be a third draw to determine the 'home' side in the final for administrative reasons.

City and stadium clashes
Based on the decision received from the relevant local authorities and as confirmed by the national association, AC Milan and FC Internazionale Milano, who both share the same stadium for home matches, cannot play on the same night, nor at home within 24 hours.

As is the case each season when it comes to determining the match calendar after all competition draws, Paragraph 23.02 of the competition regulations (currently for the competition cycle 21/24) and the associated principles set by the Club Competitions Committee, set out the process to resolve stadium or city clashes. In this case, should both clubs be drawn with the same sequence (first or second leg at home), AC Milan, being the domestic champion, will have priority, irrespective of the opponents of either team.

Therefore, the match involving AC Milan will not be reversed.

The full fixture list will be available after the draw ceremony, by 18:00 CET at the latest.

When are the quarter-finals?
11/12 April and 18/19 April

When are the semi-finals?
9/10 May and 16/17 May

When is the final?
Saturday 10 June

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
For the first time since the 2005/06 season we've got three Italian teams in the QFs.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'd like to see:

Milan v Inter
Benfica v Napoli
City v Chelsea
Real Madrid v Bayern

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Teams I'd like to get, in the following order: Inter. Chelsea. Benfica. Napoli. Real Madrid. City. Bayern.
I have the feeling this is finally the year of Manchester City though, with Haaland they look unstoppable

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'd like to see:

Milan v Inter
Benfica v Napoli
City v Chelsea
Real Madrid v Bayern
Swap milan or inter for benfica and yes, this is what i'd like too

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Weird seeing 3 Italian teams in the CL still. Think Napoli are the strongest of the 3. I’d like to see city get Bayern, I think one of the Italian teams will get Madrid.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It’s an interesting pot with three top teams, two dark horses and three just scraping through…… which makes the draw just set in stone, right??

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Weird seeing 3 Italian teams in the CL still. Think Napoli are the strongest of the 3. I’d like to see city get Bayern, I think one of the Italian teams will get Madrid.
Ya think? :lol: they're on pace for 100 points, 18 clear of second :D

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
When was the last time Chelsea played Bayern?

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
3 Italian teams at this stage is a bit flattering for Italian football. Napoli are probably the only team who will make it to the semis but I'd love to see Milan progress as well. It's Bayern's or City's to lose this year.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Hopefully City and Bayern finally get to play each other although I would have loved to see that matchup when both sides were in an even better form.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Man City v Chelsea
Real Madrid v Bayern
Inter v AC
Napoli v Benfica

Make it happen you corrupt bastards.

ti vu

Napoli vs Chelsea
Real Madrid vs Benfica
Bayern vs Man City
Inter vs Milan

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I want Milan Benfica Inter Chelsea Napoli city Madrid

In that order

twitter thread suggester
We need City to meet Bayern.

And have Real and Napoli not meet each other so they can wait for City in semis and finals as emergency plans.

None of the other teams can beat city.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Weakest looking quarter final teams, on paper, for a long time. But potential for some really interesting ties. I would love to see a Milan derby and Napoli to progress too.

I think this is City's year, unfortunately. Here's hoping for the customary bottle. I wouldn't put it past them giving their recent history.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Chelsea - City final again and Chelsea wins again :D?
Wouldn’t bet on Chelsea mate. Think any of Madrid, Bayern and Napoli can beat city. Hopefully guardiola over thinks things again as he normally does and messes it up.

Josh 76

Weakest looking quarter final teams, on paper, for a long time. But potential for some really interesting ties. I would love to see a Milan derby and Napoli to progress too.

I think this is City's year, unfortunately. Here's hoping for the customary bottle. I wouldn't put it past them giving their recent history.
Who’s missing from the draw that would make it stronger ?

JuriM

Napoli, Benfica even either of the Milano clubs would be an epic story in different proportions. Real Madrid would be meh, Chelsea or Bayern would be kind of mid, as both have won it already so many times* And City, well it would be the chip off Pep's shoulder, but I guess a lof of native Manchester people wouldn't be too pleased with City winning it :D

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I want us to face Napoli.

Either we go through or - in best Uli Hoeneß tradition - we will be interested in Osimhen or Kvaratskhelia after they scored against us.