Champions League Quarter Finals | Chelsea vs Real (Tue) | Bayern vs City (Wed)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bayern hat Arsenal, Juventus, Barcelona and Dortmund in 2013.
Banter era arsenal, juventus before they became heavyweights, barcelona without messi and dortmund without gotze

Last season we had to go through inter, psg, chelsea, city and liverpool. Basically 4 of the 6 best teams on the world, 2 all time great sides, and a stronger psg and inter than this season's...

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I won't underestimate the power of this Benfica team. I think I've watched enough footage of the 2022/23 Benfica team, and I think this team may be the real dark horse of this competition. They're a very organized team with an excellent forward line and are trustable in the midfield area( double-pivot). They would give enough fight to this Inter Milan.

Rojofiam

It wouldn't be the first time they've won a CL while being one of the very worst teams in the entire knockout stage.
Their 11/12 form was way better than what they are currently showing in the Prem. In 21/22 they had a genuinely elite manager in Tuchel.

Add to that, they are against the ultimate CL clutch team in Madrid, and also on the most difficult side of the bracket. The bookmakers currently have Chelsea at 15.00 to win the CL, same odds as Benfica and Inter, with only just Milan (26.00) having a lower possibility.

If they won it this year, it would be a bigger upset than the previous 2 times.

marktan

Once of the most balanced set of QFs I've ever seen. Should make up for some great matches and some great semis too. Bring it on.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Their 11/12 form was way better than what they are currently showing in the Prem. In 21/22 they had a genuinely elite manager in Tuchel.

Add to that, they are against the ultimate CL clutch team in Madrid, and also on the most difficult side of the bracket. The bookmakers currently have Chelsea at 15.00 to win the CL, same odds as Benfica and Inter, with only just Milan (26.00) having a lower possibility.

If they won it this year, it would be a bigger upset than the previous 2 times.
What are the odds for all sides?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It wouldn't be the first time they've won a CL while being one of the very worst teams in the entire knockout stage.
They aren’t playing Real Madrid at their training ground this time.

Rojofiam

What are the odds for all sides?

City are overrated here IMO since they are on the strongest side of the bracket, they've been favorites almost every year. :lol:

Napoli are ahead of Bayern and Madrid only due to the bracket too.

Redlyn

Banter era arsenal, juventus before they became heavyweights, barcelona without messi and dortmund without gotze

Last season we had to go through inter, psg, chelsea, city and liverpool. Basically 4 of the 6 best teams on the world, 2 all time great sides, and a stronger psg and inter than this season's...
Out of interest who are the 2 all time great sides? I wonder if you are talking historically great clubs which could be Liverpool and Inter or great teams in recent seasons which could be City and Liverpool?

RoyH1

Great draw for the Italian sides. Serie A definitely feels back and must say that a Napoli double would be glorious.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Sadly, I think nobody will be able to stop Haaland this year.
We’ve stopped him before. And now we can feature a back three of De Ligt who fits our style perfectly, Upamecano who is becoming better and better, Hernandez who is a monster and great at physical defending and still have Pavard on the bench for good measure. Not saying we’ll walk over City or anything like that. But if there is a team out there capable of stopping Haaland, I’m confident it’s us.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
One of the worst? We smashed Milan already. Inter are shit and Benfica are hardly a good team. Bayern, Madrid, City and Napoli are stronger so that makes us middling. Napoli will sell their best players in the summer so they’ll go back to being average. Italian sides aren’t that good.

cyberman

One of the worst? We smashed Milan already. Inter are shit and Benfica are hardly a good team. Bayern, Madrid, City and Napoli are stronger so that makes us middling. Napoli will sell their best players in the summer so they’ll go back to being average. Italian sides aren’t that good.
Those sides wouldn’t be 10th in the EPL

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I've been waiting for years for Bayern to meet Pep's City, I'm not at all convinced that we'll progress, though.

Supports
Chelsea
We beat them at the Bernabeu last season to be fair. And have only lost one match in the past 4 recent meetings. It's also arguable that Madrid have only been the better team for 1 half in those 4 meetings aswell.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I've been waiting for years for Bayern to meet Pep's City, I'm not at all convinced that we'll progress, though.
It will be tough. No doubt about that. But I consider us slight favourites.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich

City are overrated here IMO since they are on the strongest side of the bracket, they've been favorites almost every year. :lol:

The difference in odds between City and Chelsea is way too much IMHO.

RoyH1

It will be tough. No doubt about that. But I consider us slight favourites.
Looking forward to what kind of visual welcome your fans give to Abu Dhabi City considering the accusations against them for their limitless spending.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Cheers. I'd say Bayern should be slight favorites, and Madrid's odds are too low.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Looking forward to what kind of visual welcome your fans give to Abu Dhabi City considering the accusations against them for their limitless spending.
I think the atmosphere will be great. We might not have the best atmosphere there is, especially in the Bundesliga, but it can get brutal in important Champions League ties.

PoTMS

Wow, how weak is the bottom side of the draw? Napoli and then 3 other shite teams.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I don’t think Potter can/will/wants to turn Chelsea into defending machines like Di Matteo did.
They have a small chance if they keep improving until then but it’s nothing like the team under Di Matteo. They also had strong characters back then who after several CL semi final and a final loss finally wanted to win the competition more than anyone else.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I feel Chelsea are stylistically a bad fit for Real. For instance, James is possibly the only RB who can match up with Vini.

Feel this game is actually the most difficult to call in the QF's.

Rojofiam

Cheers. I'd say Bayern should be slight favorites, and Madrid's odds are too low.
Before the draw it would've been City and Bayern as the 2 favorites with similar odds, with Madrid as 3rd and Napoli 4th. These odds swings are due to the draw.

bosskeano

Pretty much guaranteed to have an Italian club in the CL Final.....talk about walking into a draw with your chest out, fuking hell

the other side of the draw is basically two semifinals

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Napoli will sell their best players in the summer so they’ll go back to being average.
I can understand rival fans being a bit naive to this but as a Chelsea fan you can surely remember how much of a fecker their president is? :lol:

AndyMUFC

If Carlsberg did draws!

City have to get past Bayern and likely Madrid to make the final and an Italian side that hasn’t been there in a while on the other side. Potential Milan Derby semi final as well even though Napoli are favourites.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
About 90% I’d say. Benfica heavy underdogs.

incredible draw for Italian teams.

Bayern very unlucky this year. Win 6/6 in the group Vs Barcelona and Inter, still get PSG in ro16, then City and then Real.

Toughest path to the final of all time?
Nah. Every year the path is the toughest, cos every year you'll have to beat the (other) toughest team to win it.

I know, it sounds like motivational BS, but honestly, Barca was a joke, PSG turned out to be a joke... the name doesn't make an opponent tough or easy, the opponent does. City might be the first real test this UCL season for Bayern.

Or they might not, who knows. Lots of clowns around, we might get another joke...