Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Tuesday 13th February 2018
Basel - Man City
Juventus - Tottenham

Wednesday 14th February 2018
Porto - Liverpool
Real Madrid - PSG

Tuesday 20th February 2018
Chelsea - Barcelona
Bayern - Besiktas

Wednesday 21st February 2018
Sevilla - Man Utd
Shakhtar - Roma

Tuesday 6th March 2018
Liverpool - Porto
PSG - Real Madrid

Wednesday 7th March 2018
Man City - Basel
Tottenham - Juventus

Tuesday 13th March 2018
Man Utd - Sevilla
Roma - Shakhtar

Wednesday 14th March 2018
Besiktas - Bayern (18:00 CET)
Barcelona - Chelsea

Canagel

CL is back. And there are some really tasty games this week with Madrid vs PSG the standout tie for sure. Man City will have no problems with Basel but the Juve/Spurs game is hard to call. If Spurs can avoid defeat they have a very good chance in the 2nd leg.

Skills

Snitch
Why do they stretch out this round so much? fecking hell, the most insignificant knock out round is going to take an entire fecking month.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I think Juve will handle Spurs quite comfortably.
I think Juve will win but it will be far from comfortable and it will be scraping through. Juve midfield to get kicked off the park and hacked down at Wembley by Dembele/Dier/Wanyama. Barca to do Chelsea

Real Madrid vs PSG :drool:

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I'm really looking forward to the PSG/Real tie. Real seemed to have found a bit of form just in time for it, I still hope they'll take a battering though despite the fact I despise PSGs ideology and the way they've gotten where they are. I still despise Real more for the way they've conducted themselves while I've been a football fan, I can't abide Ramos either so it'll be worth a PSG win to see him blubbing or scything someone down out of frustration.

I worry for Liverpool, they should take the home leg easily but if Porto go at them for 90 minutes over there they could get enough goals to survive Anfield with a sneaky away goal. Spurs, meh! They've rode their luck of late and I think Juve will be too savvy for them.

You lot will grind out a draw away and batter them at OT. And Chelsea don't stand a chance, if they escape the two legs with less than a 4 goal deficit I'd be surprised. No point mentioning City, they've basically got a bye.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Don't think any club in the world can handle Spurs comfortable. They are one of the hardest working teams and have Kane who has technically good as well as Physically can bully most CBs.

Juventus are wonderfully drilled team though, so it will be very good tactical battle.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I will laugh hard at whoever of Real vs PSG gets knocked out of this round. It’s a win-win for me.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I will laugh hard at whoever of Real vs PSG gets knocked out of this round. It’s a win-win for me.
Definitely a win/win for all neutrals this one. I'd like to see both Real and Barca get dumped out early just so we might have a chance to see someone else other than Ronaldo or Messi get POTY yet again. Argentina will probably win the world cup if that were to happen though, sods law.

roonster09

Scout
Clash of sack?

Hopefully Madrid will up their game, not because I want them to win but Madrid at their best against PSG would be awesome game to watch.

Rafateria

Don't think any club in the world can handle Spurs comfortable. They are one of the hardest working teams and have Kane who has technically good as well as Physically can bully most CBs.

Juventus are wonderfully drilled team though, so it will be very good tactical battle.
I think Juve will win but it will be far from comfortable and it will be scraping through. Juve midfield to get kicked off the park and hacked down at Wembley by Dembele/Dier/Wanyama. Barca to do Chelsea

Real Madrid vs PSG :drool:
Probably the 2nd most fascinating tie of the round. Two teams in form, but do note that Juve have lost Dybala, Matuidi, Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, Barzagli, Höwedes and Costa to injury (not sure which of them are supposedly out only for this week or for the whole tie).

Not all of them are listed here so maybe some are on their way back : https://www.online-betting.me.uk/champions-league-injuries-and-suspensions.php

I don't think there is any way Juve are going to be comfortable and despite their very impressive current form (they've now won 11 matches in a row across all competitions, and have conceded just one goal in 16 games – an all-time club record) Spurs are themselves in fine fettle in a more competitive league (unbeaten run now 12 matches across all competitions).

I think Spurs can narrowly win the first leg (2-1) and then it will all be down to holding their nerve, or not, in Turin.

roonster09

Scout
Probably the 2nd most fascinating tie of the round. Two teams in form, but do note that Juve have lost Dybala, Matuidi, Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, Barzagli, Höwedes and Costa to injury (not sure which of them are supposedly out only for this week or for the whole tie).

Not all of them are listed here so maybe some are on their way back : https://www.online-betting.me.uk/champions-league-injuries-and-suspensions.php

I don't think there is any way Juve are going to be comfortable and despite their very impressive current form (they've now won 11 matches in a row across all competitions, and have conceded just one goal in 16 games – an all-time club record) Spurs are themselves in fine fettle in a more competitive league (unbeaten run now 12 matches across all competitions).

I think Spurs can narrowly win the first leg (2-1) and then it will all be down to holding their nerve, or not, in Turin.
Spurs play first leg in Turin.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It won't be an easy match for Liverpool. They better take this game seriously. Porto is in good form, have a good manager and they are strong at home.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
One of the tastiest rounds of 16 in the history of the competition.

roonster09

Scout
One of the tastiest rounds of 16 in the history of the competition.
Checked from last 15 years (after they got rid of second group stage). Some years we had some very good ties.

2004-05
Milan vs Manutd
Porto Vs Inter
Barca Vs Chelsea
Bayern Vs Arsenal
Liverpool vs Leverkusen
Madrid vs Juve

2005-06
Madrid vs Arsenal
Bayern vs Milan
Benfica vs Liverpool
Chelsea vs Barca

2014-15
Juventus vs Dortmund
Arsenal vs Monaco
Leverkusen vs Atletico
PSG vs Chelsea
City vs Barca

2015-16
Roma Vs Madrid
Arsenal vs Barca
Juventus vs Bayern

2016-17
City Vs Monaco
PSG vs Barca
Madrid vs Napoli

roonster09

Scout
Bayern v Arsenal only once? That has to be wrong :D
Meh didn't include everytime you guys played them. Included only when there were some more big ties.

Arsenal played Barca and Bayern so many times, poor guys couldn't even come out of that mentality when they played Monaco.

roonster09

Scout
Oh mixed that up somehow. Maybe that can work in their favour then with Juve having players missing.
Yeah, read Matuidi and Dybala might be out. Shame as this could have been awesome tie with all players fit.

Even now it should be, but love to watch them going at each other at full strength.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Porto are useless. Walk in the park for the bin dippers.
They will be useless in the away fixture. At home they will put up a fight. They did against Bayern and had a useless manager.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
We miss Danilo and we have no one to replace him, it will be very hard.
Also Felipe is suspended for the first game and Marcano has been injured, I hope Marcano is back and fit.

We need to play like we did against Leipzig at home, playing somewhat defensive because without Danilo our midfield won't defend well enough to handle Liverpool's attacks if we're open.
Pray in Brahimi and Aboubakar (and our Lord and Saviour Marega).

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
We miss Danilo and we have no one to replace him, it will be very hard.
Also Felipe is suspended for the first game and Marcano has been injured, I hope Marcano is back and fit.

We need to play like we did against Leipzig at home, playing somewhat defensive because without Danilo our midfield won't defend well enough to handle Liverpool's attacks if we're open.
Pray in Brahimi and Aboubakar (and our Lord and Saviour Marega).
Lord Marega will be a crucial player. I can see him causing all types of problems to that Liverpool defense. Him, Brahimi, Soares or Aboubakar have to exploit that weak point, specially the full backs. Liverpool is obviously the best team but i would definitely take Porto's full backs. Ricardo Pereira and Alex Telles are players destined to European top leagues.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Basel - Man City-no context. Easiest win of this round.
Juventus - Tottenham-Juventus have picked up form at the right time. They will go through.

Porto - Liverpool-Liverpool are always unpredictable, but they should win it in the end.
Real Madrid - PSG-maybe Real are mainly focusing on the Champions League this season, but P.S.G. should have the edge in the end.

Chelsea - Barcelona-Barca to go through, albeit they haven't been that good recently.
Bayern - Besiktas-so easy for Bayern.

Sevilla - Man Utd-United need to step up their game or they could risk something.
Shakhtar - Roma-most balanced tie of this round, imo. Don't know.

piesel

Dybala, Matuidi, Howedes, Cuadrado and maybe Barzagli (he picked up a calf hit in yesterday training) are out, Costa and Bernardeschi are fine.

It would have been great to see a match with both teams at their best but with Allegri it's almost impossible to not have 3/4 players out every game.

Rafateria

My take on this :

Basel - Man City
Juventus - Tottenham : as I said above, this will be close and Spurs have a chance.

Porto - Liverpool
Real Madrid - PSG I doubt RM can just turn it on when they feel like it , and they've been shite this season in both the CL and La Liga, so PSG to edge them and disappointingly see the end of Zidane's reign.

Chelsea - Barcelona
Bayern - Besiktas

Sevilla - Man Utd : previously I thought this a foregone conclusion, however United's recent form calls the outcome of this tie into question.
Shakhtar - Roma : unless their league is closed for the winter and this affects their sharpness ?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@Camara @Sly been going down the Lord Marega rabbit hole(:lol:)but i still don't get where the Lord comes from. Help?

roonster09

Scout
I hope Barca score double figures at least on aggregate score. Would be awesome.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
PSG-Real is a dream fixture at this stage. I'll be glad for any outcome, but I do secretly hope that both teams lose.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
@Camara @Sly been going down the Lord Marega rabbit hole(:lol:)but i still don't get where the Lord comes from. Help?
I pity for you that have not been graced by our Lord's sublime touch.

Moussa Marega is a Porto forward that has... quite an interesting approach to technique.
He is a physically gifted player, with both strenght and speed, but his gift is his first (and second and beyond) touch is... akin to a rough tree log, soft like barbed wire and delicate like a truck.
Balls escape his gravitational field faster than light, he is Champions' League master of lost balls for example.

He played in Marítimo before Porto bought him 2 years ago, the expectations were extremely low but he was able to get even below that, a master of the art of crap.
Last year he was loaned to Vitória (Guimarães) and he scored a lot of goals, before getting injured.
This year because Porto could not buy players (Finantial Fair Play things), he was reintegrated in the squad and was given a chance.

Like a messiah that only comes when the time is right, he has scored 15 goals this season so far, gifting the believers with his lumberjack velvet skill.
He doesn't need skill nor technique nor decisions to score goals, for he is One with the Football.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
That's nothing compared to the Sturaroulette by Stefano Sturaro. Even Zidane got on his knees and bowed his head vis à vis such a sublime piece of art.

Nedved

That's nothing compared to the Sturaroulette by Stefano Sturaro. Even Zidane got on his knees and bowed his head vis à vis such a sublime piece of art.

:lol:

To think he might start since Matuidi is out. Sturaro did score against Bayern, though.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

His ability on the ball is poor but he's a very dangerous player nevertheless. Porto will be missing a few key players but it's not going to be an easy one for Liverpool.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I pity for you that have not been graced by our Lord's sublime touch.

Moussa Marega is a Porto forward that has... quite an interesting approach to technique.
He is a physically gifted player, with both strenght and speed, but his gift is his first (and second and beyond) touch is... akin to a rough tree log, soft like barbed wire and delicate like a truck.
Balls escape his gravitational field faster than light, he is Champions' League master of lost balls for example.

He played in Marítimo before Porto bought him 2 years ago, the expectations were extremely low but he was able to get even below that, a master of the art of crap.
Last year he was loaned to Vitória (Guimarães) and he scored a lot of goals, before getting injured.
This year because Porto could not buy players (Finantial Fair Play things), he was reintegrated in the squad and was given a chance.

Like a messiah that only comes when the time is right, he has scored 15 goals this season so far, gifting the believers with his lumberjack velvet skill.
He doesn't need skill nor technique nor decisions to score goals, for he is One with the Football.

:lol: Great post and perfectly captures the work of the lord :D I wish he was portuguese. Him and Éder up front :drool: Who would need Ronaldo?

belanglos

Supports
Bayern München
Basel - Man City
Juventus - Tottenham - great game, can go either way.

Porto - Liverpool
Real Madrid - PSG - "best" game on paper - I guess Real has this albeit having a weak season so far

Chelsea - Barcelona
Bayern - Besiktas

Sevilla - Man Utd
Shakhtar - Roma

Really looking forward to it! Finally CL again.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I hope:
Basel - Man City
Juventus - Tottenham
Porto - Liverpool
Real Madrid - PSG
Chelsea - Barcelona
Bayern - Besiktas
Sevilla - Man Utd
Shakhtar - Roma

I think: