Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

Ban

Well done to Monaco but the teams that are left in the last 8 (barring Leicester) should be able to navigate past them.

Monaco v Leicester could be an interesting match up!
Same was thought about City. That they will navigate past them.

Shuriken

City doing a City.
Might make an interesting topic: if you could have just one of them - guaranteed - who would you take? Very difficult one.
That's a tough decision, since none of them are old, and some of them actually quite young, so they're all players for the future. Yet they can contribute both now and in the immediate future as well. But I would choose Mendy or Fabinho, probably the latter.

Bwuk

Wouldn't be surprised if Monaco win the champions league this year. Absolutely frightening on the break.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Who would have thought Leicester would be the last English team standing....

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
City picked it up in the second half. Silva and Aguero upped it. De Bruyne was very poor though. Not a big game player from what i have seen of him.
No they dint, it was jardim's bad tactics. It was evidenced by the change in the game when city scored Monaco stepped up another gear. I think Jardim was very wary about Fitness and tiring and losing the game, at 2-0 he thought he could see it out and if needed, his team could score when they wanted. again at 3-1 he took off mbappe and protected the lead. He wanted to win it on away goals and he did but just. It was a risk and it paid off, the first leg really surprised jardim with city being much more fitter and with more energy getting the big win, he was overly cautious and almost cost himself the game.
If Monaco had gone at full pelt again, they would have scored more but also possibly conceded more. Jardim's first thought would have been to not concede 3 as they would then need 5+ goals hence he played against his nature.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Just Leciester flying the flag for the Premier League then. Would be amazing to see them win it......and get relegated.

Tapori

What a wonderfully entertaining performance by that young Monaco side. Well done.
Pace, fight, power, finesse and above all attacking intelligence. Right ball at the right time from all angles and some class touches and team play. Defensively absolutely on it.
I loved the fact that when they needed a goal they showed they can score from Set-Pieces too. I hope they play Barca and smash them. I also want them to stay together for at least one more season.
Reminds me in quality of of that vintage Ajax 95 side.

We've had a feast of football this fortnight and I only hope I don't jinx the Roma-Lyon match tomorrow.

City had plenty of chances to win it but they simply do not have the extra level attacking wise just yet and their defending is just shocking. Sterling was abysmal in his final ball, esp that Aguero pass.
If he can't step-up at least one level next year, then he will never even make it to Duff level, let alone Robben tier wingers.
City will improve so we can laugh now but i know they will in the next 3 years make someone cry later. Guardiola is facing his biggest ever challenge; Can he create a team essentially from scratch? Therein lies his battle with Mourinho and it will be fascinating over the nest few seasons.

Imagine Monaco Vs Leicester Final?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Because constant negativity every single time is tiresome. Surely someone must have let you in on that secret at some point in your life. No, it is not normal to be 100% negative.
So I'm completely normal then :eek:. And you better take your pick as this forum has it's fair share.

AndyJ1985

Apart from Leicester, all the usual suspects have once again made it to the latter stages of the CL. Can't wait to see us back amongst them

Ban

Monaco looks like they can score at will. They fell a bit in the 2nd though but as soon as City scored they scored back.

Devil81

What a tragedy, I nearly cried into my beer can.....

Lol!!! hahahahahahahaha!

MullerUtd

So finally the Round of 16 is over, who do you guys fancy to win the Champions League?

I'm tempted to go with Barca after their miraculous comeback but if they can lose 0-4 away, I don't think they were that good to begin with so I am going for Bayern Munich. They have shown in the second leg that they have no complacency this time and they would want to avenge their past two embarrassing semi-final defeats by the two Spanish giants. What better manager than Ancelotti to win it for them? I think Atletico Madrid and Juventus have good chances too.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
After the euphoria of them eating dirt wore off a bit, I have to say City weren't bad in the second half. Monaco blitzed them in the first 45, but they came back well.
This is the point where I put my hand up and say I was wrong about Pep. I wanted him, not Jose. Would not look at him now.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
So finally the Round of 16 is over, who do you guys fancy to win the Champions League?

I'm tempted to go with Barca after their miraculous comeback but if they can lose 0-4 away, I don't think they were that good to begin with so I am going for Bayern Munich. They have shown in the second leg that they have no complacency this time and they would want to avenge their past two embarrassing semi-final defeats by the two Spanish giants. What better manager than Ancelotti to win it for them? I think Atletico Madrid and Juventus have good chances too.
Will likely be one of the usual Barca or Real Madrid. I don't take much from Bayern beating Arsenal 10-2. They will likely look average against Barca or Madrid.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
to be honest i would have like them (shitty) to go through so they would neglect the league more. Plus there was 0 chance for them to win the ECL if they kept going.
Feel like they're more of a confidence team, and getting knocked out to Monaco will do more harm to their league campaign then the added tiredness would have done.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It will be a Bayern vs Monaco final

wr8_utd

:'(
Wouldn't be surprised if Monaco win the champions league this year. Absolutely frightening on the break.
I don't see it happening. They tire out on 55-60 mins and their coach seems to prefer watching his team lose their dominance and momentum rather than make changes. He should have made changes in the first leg and again today when he saw City coming on strong. This coupled with their rubbish defense makes it unlikely they'll win this tournament.

Irrational.

John Stones and James Milner would be sacked if they hosted a late-night insomniacs anonymous radio show.

Personality of a block of cement.