Champions League Round of 16 (16th Feb - 17th Mar)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It would have been perfect poetic justice to have gone there and smashed them with the things they have always lorded over us (youth and 'good' football).

Hopefully we'll still get the chance.
Really, really tough draw for us tbh.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Really, really tough draw for us tbh.
Pulisic and Ziyech being fit for this is vital, feel we will have enough to break them down if they are, else this will be a painful grind.

I don't think we will have enough to win the tournament but it's been too long since we've gone past the RO16 and need to get that monkey off our back.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Thank feck we avoided Atletico, specially this season with our injuries. If Chelsea can get Werner and Ziyech firing by then, then they could knock those cheating bastards out.

Sylar

City gotta be happy, even Pep can't over complicate his lineup and mess that up. Though he will probably save that for the quarter final

Liverpool should dispose of Leipzig.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Finally a decent to difficult draw for the other EPL teams. Was certain they would get Atalanta, Lazio and Porto.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
That is a good draw overall with some interesting games. Really open competition this year.
Almost half of the teams left in the competition could realistically win it...

Sarni

Liverpool will cruise past Leipzig without issues. Leipzig are a decent team but they got weaker since last year and even then they really did not challenge PSG in the semis, a top team should beat them comfortably. Bayern and City are my other two nearly nailed quarter-finalists, other ties could get close.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Atletico... finishing top of our group did us well. Come second like Seville and get Dortmund who just sacked the manager, is a much easier draw.

That being said, if want to win the CL need to be able beat teams like Atletico and it will be a good test for us. Shouldn't be competing just for the money and to make the numbers up.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Pulisic and Ziyech being fit for this is vital, feel we will have enough to break them down if they are, else this will be a painful grind.

I don't think we will have enough to win the tournament but it's been too long since we've gone past the RO16 and need to get that monkey off our back.
Yeah I'm dying for a deep run in the CL. I just want to feel the romance and intensity of the tournament again. We have been an afterthought at this table for too long.

Bulldog United

Lampard will own Simeone. :D

Leipzig Liverpool should be full of goals but I'd expect the scousers to win over two legs.

backpass

Szoboszlai will move during the winter transfer window to Leipzig from Salzburg ( Still open, but I guess it happens since he confirmed a move just not to which club) . I think he will make a big impact and elevate Leipzig another level.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Unbelievable luck for Real Madrid once again.

Watch Barça knock PSG out just to face Liverpool or Bayern in the QFs.

Josh 76

Liverpool will cruise past Leipzig without issues. Leipzig are a decent team but they got weaker since last year and even then they really did not challenge PSG in the semis, a top team should beat them comfortably. Bayern and City are my other two nearly nailed quarter-finalists, other ties could get close.
Leipzig are a tricky side. I'm sure Liverpool would have liked a more favourable draw.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I'm fearful for Bayern v Lazio. Italian teams seem the perfect counter to Bayern. They'll sit back and absorb pressure, then hit Bayern in the counter with the lethal finishing of Immobile.

Interesting ties for the other German teams too. Dortmund got lucky with Sevilla but given the problems they are facing, that's not a given. With RB and Gladbach you van expect them to fight against Pool and City, hopefully one of them can cause a shock.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Leipzig better show up against Pool otherwise they will join the game raising cnuts club.

PSG will get their revenge against Barca who are abysmal

City will surely go through.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The what now?
You may know it is as the Mid-Week, Remote, Adventures Cup?

If we're lucky we'll get to visit Southern Russia and the coutries 16th (!!!) largest city, Tel-Aviv IL (because it's the Europa League), or if we're really lucky, we get to set our nostalgia antennae in overdrive with a trip to Ole's old stomping ground in Norway!

Giggs' right foot

Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER) v Manchester City (ENG)
SS Lazio (ITA) v Bayern München (GER)
Atlético Madrid (ESP) v Chelsea (ENG)
Red Bull Leipzig (GER) v Liverpool (ENG)
FC Porto (POR) v Juventus (ITA)
Barcelona (ESP) v Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
Sevilla (ESP) v Borussia Dortmund (GER)
Atalanta (ITA) v Real Madrid (ESP)
Wow. Some great games there. I actually could see all English teams knocked out this round.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Leipzig are a tricky side. I'm sure Liverpool would have liked a more favourable draw.
Would have preferred Monchen, Porto or Lazio. But can't complain too much as it could have been Barca or Atletico when you take the usual warm balls out for City and Real's opponents.

If we have this team ready in Feb then I'll be happy enough with this draw:
Alisson
TAA Vestergard* Fabinho Robbo
Hendo Thiago Gini
Salah Jota Mane
With subs of Ox, Milner, Keita, Firmino and Shaq

*Insert any other January CB

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Some of the reaction to Leipzig being a really tough draw for Liverpool is odd. They aren't that great. We beat them 7-3 on aggregate and xG home and away. Anyone fancying winning the competition should put them away.

Sarni

Leipzig better show up against Pool otherwise they will join the game raising cnuts club.

PSG will get their revenge against Barca who are abysmal

City will surely go through.
Game raising cnuts? Of course they raise their game for big European nights when CL qualification is in play, everyone should. This whole 'teams only raise their game against United' excuse is tiresome. Pretty much nobody cares about it anymore, we haven't been the team to beat for the best part of the last decade.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Game raising cnuts? Of course they raise their game for big European nights when CL qualification is in play, everyone should. This whole 'teams only raise their game against United' excuse is tiresome. Pretty much nobody cares about it anymore, we haven't been the team to beat for the best part of the last decade.
I've seen fans of every big club do this, it's the worst conspiracy theory of the lot.

Usually it's teams with no historic or competitive connection to the club aswell.

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
I suspect all British teams will progress, they have avoided all the top teams. Athletico are hot & cold & away from home in the return leg. Liverpool slaughtered at Anfield & would have taken a heavy defeat had it not been for their outstanding goalkeeper that night.

Sarni

I've seen fans of every big club do this, it's the worst conspiracy theory of the lot.

Usually it's teams with no historic or competitive connection to the club aswell.
Yeah it's always been 'we only lost/drew because the other team raised their game'. Back when we were good it made sense as if you are both a big club and have done well recently, everyone will want to beat you 10% more than they will want to beat any other tam. We are at the point of being almost irrelevant now though and every team should expect to beat us every now and again now, even the lower tier English teams like WBA, Newcastle or Palace have got their share of wins against United recently and would probably normally fancy themselves to get a result when the game time comes. It's not really an achievement to shout about anymore.

Madrid are one club everyone wants to beat badly regardless of their current form but that's only because they're the most successful club in the world and will always have that esteem. The likes of United, Milan, Arsenal have already managed to lose that reputation through an extended period of being awful. I mean, being home to Arsenal in Europe unless you're a smaller league team on a shoestring budget you'd probably be disappointed to not get a result, ditto in the league.