Champions League Round of 16 (16th Feb - 17th Mar)

Deery

Dreary
Juventus would need to inject some urgency into their play need 3 goals to go through.

marktan

Why are Juve playing both Morata and Ronaldo? To beat a back 6 you need players that'll dribble and make space, Cheisla's the only one that can do that currently and he hasnt touched the ball.

Juve have wayy too many samey average players - Ramsay, Mckennie; Chiesla, Bernadeschi, Kuvlseski - all decent but none really excel. Their recruiting post Ronaldo has been very poor.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The antics of Lopetegui and his players... Rolling on the ground after every slight contact, screaming and demanding cards for the opponent.

I truly hate this kind of teams
It's classic Sevilla. They have been like this for ages. The kind of club where even the ball boys are.helping out with time wasting.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The antics of Lopetegui and his players... Rolling on the ground after every slight contact, screaming and demanding cards for the opponent.

I recall something similar when we played them last year.

TommiHelm

Big of Bellingham to just stand there like that's nothing. Dortmund do that to a Sevilla player and they'd still be rolling around. It's amazing how Sevilla continue to be the most unlikable team in the world to me no matter who they have as a manager. Seems engraved in their soul.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Messi may just finally make the move this summer. As for Ronaldo, what other options did he have? Madrid were on a decline, United are awful and Juve had been doing pretty well in the CL and a lot of people thought he'd be the final piece of the puzzle.
Maybe not many - he could have stayed I suppose, or tried for Paris. At least he won a few scudettos.

Yes, feck them.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Genuinely believe we'd beat all the teams on display today. The hardest one would be Porto.

always_hoping

I’m not sure what Juve are trying to do.
They aren't sure themselves. As for Sevilla in hindsight it would be better if they finished 3rd in their group which would allow them to play in their favourite competition the Europa league.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Their entire game plan today was to put themselves between the ball and opponent, then stop and keel over to get a free kick. Shithousery is their club dna.

el3mel

Juve aren't benefitting from Ronaldo at all, with such manager and squad it's just a waste of time for both.

If I were them I would just sell him, save his wages and use his money to rebuild the squad. They need a lot of new additions and a new manager rather than a world class player surrounded by mediocrity.

Ronaldo should probably go to PSG or something, bigger chance to win one last CL.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I gotta say, Otavio, maybe for the first time in his life, is lucky to be such a short man. What he did was nasty.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Haaland always mildly bullying his teammates on goal celebrations.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Sevilla again confirming what Spanish football is all about. Diving, asking for cards, and rolling around after every slight contact.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm not sure PSG could afford the finances or egos of Mbappe, Ronaldo and Neymar in one team :lol:
Perhaps. Think Mbappe would defer as Ronnie is his idol. Maybe Neymar would have struggled. But it would be pretty mouthwatering and they'd likely have fared better in the CL. Probably no 100m euros to drop - not that I understand how Juve avoided FFP scrutiny either.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Mourinho is shedding a tear of joy.
Seriously though. This entire season has been damage control ever since Favre got sacked. I think everything considered Terzic is doing a good job. He seems to be reaching players, he's getting an improvement in mentality and results have started to improve. A CL QF and a cup final or win would be a good return in any season.

Hoof the ball

Sevilla again confirming what Spanish football is all about. Diving, asking for cards, and rolling around after every slight contact.
It's true. They're crumbling under every slight contact. No different than how they were against us over two legs. Sevilla seem to be bad, even by usual Spanish standards!

Deery

Dreary
Ronaldo should be playing through the middle would’ve scored the two Morata chances.

cyberman

Pogba isnt going to this Juve side.
Plus everybody agreeing thats a Porto pen but when Fred got fouled v Fulham in the exact same way we were told no pen?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Seriously though. This entire season has been damage control ever since Favre got sacked. I think everything considered Terzic is doing a good job. He seem to be reaching players, he's getting an improvement in mentality and results have started to improve.
This tie has honestly been strange, in the first leg it was Sevilla who were playing cowardly and being on the defensive (they started attacking from the 60th minute).

Now Dortmund are playing ultra defensively despite being at home. I'm afraid this tactic won't work and Sevilla can easily score two quick goals to put them under pressure.

Deery

Dreary
Pogba isnt going to this Juve side.
Plus everybody agreeing thats a Porto pen but when Fred got fouled v Fulham in the exact same way we were told no pen?
I didn’t really think it was a penalty the defender kinda gets there first and the attacker kicks him, can see why it was given but wouldn’t be surprised to see it overruled.

RooneyLegend

Juve off the ball are playing like they have 11 Pirlos on the pitch, where's the intensity?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Pen incident - Olivera 0:1

So the Porto player sticks his leg out in the way of the defender, no where near the ball, falls down crying, and gets a penalty? Glad to see that the tactic of screaming out loud is still effective to get a ridiculous decision :lol:

Lyricist

Question to those that have seen more of him recently:
What is the actual point of Nico Schulz as a professional footballer? I'm not even trying to be mean, but I've just never rated him. To me there seems to be no decision making or even mental strength about any of his actions on the pitch. It always feels like he's scared of messing up. What am I missing?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This tie has honestly been strange, in the first leg it was Sevilla who were playing cowardly and being on the defensive (they started attacking from the 60th minute).

Now Dortmund are playing ultra defensively despite being at home. I'm afraid this tactic won't work and Sevilla can easily score two quick goals to put them under pressure.
Look at Dortmund's lineup. Witsel, Akanji, Guerreiro are players who are sorely missing when it comes to having a constructive buildup against an aggressive pressing. Sancho is a huge miss in midfield, Hazard has been injured all season, has no rhythm and is largely invisible, Reus has been out of form all season. They can't dominate in this shape, so they are taking a more passive approach and since the team isn't used to it it's mostly improvising.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Question to those that have seen more of him recently:
What is the actual point of Nico Schulz as a professional footballer? I'm not even trying to be mean, but I've just never rated him. There's no decision making or even mental strength about any of his actions on the pitch. It always feels like he's scared of messing up with everything.
He had world class attacking stats at Hoffenheim. He needs to play as a wingback in a counter attacking team. He can't utilize his athleticism, playing in a back four like this and given how things have going for him at Dortmund he's missing both match fitness and confidence.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
So the Porto player sticks his leg out in the way of the defender, no where near the ball, falls down crying, and gets a penalty? Glad to see that the tactic of screaming out loud is still effective to get a ridiculous decision :lol:
Looks a terrible call. The attacker makes contact with the defender first. Both have the equal right to go for that ball and the defender never impeded the attacker.