Champions League Round of 16 (16th Feb - 17th Mar)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Interesting draw. They’re a good side and more than capable of knocking us out. We should have a better squad in terms of injuries by February though.

Austrodoriano

Supports
Sampdoria
They're about to lose the player that made them special. Also the conditions of the season just aren't good for them, they don't have great depth and they rely on being able to outrun and outwork their opponents

Still. Games will be in February/March. A long way away...
ok this is Real Madrid, but what about Atalanta?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Incredibly there's not a single team in the last 16 of the CL that is currently top of their domestic league.

In the Europa League last 32 there's 13 teams currently sitting top of their leagues. Hmmmm

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Incredibly there's not a single team in the last 16 of the CL that is currently top of their domestic league.

In the Europa League last 32 there's 13 teams currently sitting top of their leagues. Hmmmm
So what? It’s likely gonna be 4 out of 5 or thereabouts when the Round of 16 starts come February.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

Hmmmm indeed. Tell us your theory, Dr. Holmes.

Josh 76

A bit like the 80s when the Euopa league (UEFA cup) was harder to win than the European Cup.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid

What is also incredible is PSG, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Bayern Münich, Juventus and Porto all are domestic champions. And all are in CL. And all teams in CL are from the top 6 leagues in Europe.

RoyH1

What is also incredible is PSG, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Bayern Münich, Juventus and Porto all are domestic champions. And all are in CL. And all teams in CL are from the top 6 leagues in Europe.
As it should be to be honest.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hmmmm indeed. Tell us your theory, Dr. Holmes.
Not really a theory. I think Covid has played its part. The teams who played in Europe in August in Portugal and Gernany haven't had it easy either. Playing catch up fitness wise for first few weeks.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Not really a theory. I think Covid has played its part. The teams who played in Europe in August in Portugal and Gernany haven't had it easy either. Playing catch up fitness wise for first few weeks.
I can mostly talk about Bayern since i watch them the most and they are absolutely dragging themselves along

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I can mostly talk about Bayern since i watch them the most and they are absolutely dragging themselves along
Yeah, at least we'll have the winter break. Hope it will be enough for our players to get some rest and regenerate mentally first and foremost.

Pep's Suit

Sounds like Gladbach x City will be played in Denmark because of Germany's travel ban.

JuliaScalaR

Supports
noone in particular
So what happens to the Leipzig vs. Liverpool game? It's the same situation and it will be played in less than two weeks.

Also I wouldn't mind having another mini-tournament as we had last season in Lisbon.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
So what happens to the Leipzig vs. Liverpool game? It's the same situation and it will be played in less than two weeks.

Also I wouldn't mind having another mini-tournament as we had last season in Lisbon.
Probably the same, i've read they have a deadline on the 10th February to find a solution.
Same issue in the Europa League for Benfica/Arsenal with Portugal being a red zone.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

always_hoping

If common sense was used the Champions league and Europa league knock out games would be one leg and played in neutral venues.

JuliaScalaR

Supports
noone in particular
According to kicker, not only the Leipzig - Liverpool match, but also the first leg of Gladbach - City will be held in Budapest.

Wayne's World

Both cracking ties, wished one of them were on tomorrow night when both games look a bit meh

Fancy PSG and Leipzig not to lose

JuliaScalaR

Supports
noone in particular
I'm a bit surprised Piqué is already back again. I remember his injury. It looked horrible and like an early end to his season.

Going with a draw and a Barcelona win tonight.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Paredes will undoubtedly do something immensely stupid and i am here for it. What a little tosser...

BalanceUnAutreJoint

No Di Maria
No Neymar

Mbappe complained about wanting more responsibilities, he won't hear the end of it in France if he doesn't deliver tonight

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Not sure which game to watch here. Think RB could damage Liverpool tonight, but the Barca and PSG game is an intriguing one. Probably watch the first half of the Liverpool game and see how that goes.

Manoucha09

Feels absolutely gutting to be watching this game, really should have been us there at the Nou Camp tonight.

Those final two games vs PSG and Leipzig were unforgivable. We just needed 1 point. 1 bloody point!

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The form we are in currently and the number and type of goals we are conceding, I am actually glad we are not in the Camp Nou tonight.

Crustanoid

Do the world, football and the human race a favour, Leipzig.

Unfortunately they’ll probably bend over for Juergen