Champions League Round of 16 (16th Feb - 17th Mar)

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
This incident as well as the handball in Dortmund match just prove that, even with VAR, there still will be 50:50 decisions as long as there will be only 2 dimensional videos available.
Different viewing angles lead to different decisions.
What definitely still can improve is the consistency of the calls or the officials. Especially when it comes to handballs and penalties.
If it's 50:50 it should just ALWAYS be no handball and no penalty.

Still VAR is an huge improvement. At least blatant wrong decisions will be called correctly. Madrid would have a couple of CL titles less if VAR was in place a few years earlier.
Agree with everything.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Still VAR is an huge improvement. At least blatant wrong decisions will be called correctly. Madrid would have a couple of CL titles less if VAR was in place a few years earlier.
Would we now? :D

Ok, I'll give you 17/18, sure, both PSG and Bayern got screwed pretty bad, though Bayern honestly screwed itself so much the added refereeing screwjob felt like universal harmony :lol:

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Bayern need to target Patric if he plays. Lazari plays on the same side and he’s also a bad defender.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Not feeling it myself for Bayern, I'm just waiting for Simeone Inzaghi to race across the touchline screaming like Pippo.
Well, the big question is whether or not we can raise our level for the occassion. Were recent games just a mental thing (lack of proper motivation) or is it a deeper issue? I think it's certainly both but with the mental side being more important. We will see if that's the case because today there are no excuses for our recent lack of concentration and intensity. This might be the first rough phase in Flick's Bayern career so I'm curious to see how he handles it.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Bayern fans trying the anti-jinx :
Jokes aside, Lazio are a good team and Bayern have injuries. I would still take Bayern over two legs but it won’t be easy.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Bayern fans trying the anti-jinx :
Jokes aside, Lazio are a good team and Bayern have injuries. I would still take Bayern over two legs but it won’t be easy.
It's just showing respect to a good team. We lost this year vs Gladbach and Frankfurt in the league which are similar to Lazio so no reason to be arrogant and think that can't happen in the CL.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
It's just showing respect to a good team. We lost this year vs Gladbach and Frankfurt in the league which are similar to Lazio so no reason to be arrogant and think that can't happen in the CL.
Especially when the loss against Frankfurt was just last weekend.

Eli Zee

Shouldn't away goal rule be taken away this year since no one really gets a huge home advantage (no 12th man fans)