Champions League Round of 16 (16th Feb - 17th Mar)

prateik

When is the last time you saw a yellow for kicking the ball away? Must be ages, that rule almost never gets applied
I saw Lingard get booked for doing it 2 days back.

Only seems to happen in the CL for traditional European giants.
Burton Albion will be delighted.
From the weekend.
Luke McCormick was shown a red card in Bristol Rovers’ 1-0 defeat at Burton Albion after receiving a second booking for kicking the ball away in frustration.

Zen

No offside checks in CL? I only started watching at like 50 minutes. But like what? Morata's off...

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
That would be ridiculous. They wouldn't disallow a goal because someone got fouled before the ball rolls over the line would they.
It wasn't the same scene...I mean when one side scores and it turns out there was a penalty 30 seconds earlier on the other side then VAR rules out the goal as well and gives the penalty instead. So I think it's a possible explanation.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
That would be ridiculous. They wouldn't disallow a goal because someone got fouled before the ball rolls over the line would they.
Yes, that would be a very idiotic idea of retrospective justice.

But that's how I understood it as well. We'll find out some time afterwards.

PoTMS

No offside checks in CL? I only started watching at like 50 minutes. But like what? Morata's off...
Morata's only involvement in the goal was tripping over and falling on his face when going to celebrate.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Probably not but that wasn’t what happened here. I’m not sure about the rules so I’m happy to be proved wrong.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
It wasn't the same scene...I mean when one side scores and it turns out there was a penalty 30 seconds earlier on the other side then VAR rules out the goal as well and gives the penalty instead. So I think it's a possible explanation.
Yes, that would be a very idiotic idea of retrospective justice.

But that's how I understood it as well. We'll find out some time afterwards.
Probably not but that wasn’t what happened here. I’m not sure about the rules so I’m happy to be proved wrong.
It's already known that the initial goal was ruled out for a foul (it's on the BBC website and everything). You guys are making this more complicated than it really is.

Rashford and Greenwood should be watching the off-ball runs Chiesa makes from wide - and the intensity he plays with, on and off ball. He's had a couple offside but he makes run after run after run. Never stops.

Such a great talent.

I know it's a cliche now to say a player is 'made for the Premier League'...but he really is. Tevez/Rooney-like

Jaxa

I think looking back at it now Bellingham made the right decision moving to Dortmund, he’s gaining so much experience and getting loads of game time, something Ole would never have give him at United this season.

For 17 years old he looks like he has a bright future ahead

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
First they checked whether they deemed Haaland's goal a foul. If they had not overruled it, then the penalty incident would have been a moot point, since advantage would have overruled it. But after Haaland's goal was overruled the penalty was back in play and entirely unconnected to Haaland's goal.

SamVimes

I think looking back at it now Bellingham made the right decision moving to Dortmund, he’s gaining so much experience and getting loads of game time, something Ole would never have give him at United this season.

For 17 years old he looks like he has a bright future ahead
He has been great in the second half.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
We are better than both these teams. If only we didn't have those brain farts