Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

kidbob

Curious, where did he look good in that regard today? Maybe I need to specify, he is fine in tackles and winning the ball, but he does not score headers a lot.
I was referring to his general play, not headed goals! As you said he has the size and positioning for it so it'll surely come with time.

marktan

Dortmund need the away goal in the second leg, but I think they can get it. If PSG go out surely that's bye bye for Neymar? He'd be 29 by the time the next knockouts come around.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Bunch of shithouses and a massive homer ref helped them see out the game. Would have been nice to get an away goal, but still would have us as favourites to go through at Anfield. Going to be a very different game.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I'd still make Liverpool favourites to go through, but not by much … and if Atletico score an away goal it'll get very interesting.

kidbob

Good fun and all but Liverpool will destroy them at Anfield. No use getting our hopes up, Atletico don't have it in them to score an away goal.

Cpt Negative

That result has been coming for a few games now. They haven’t played very well recently

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Nicely set up for the return leg. Feels like we gave Atletico the game they wanted. Salah does my head in some times.

That Haaland goal and the sound the net made was just...:drool:

always_hoping

Dortmund game much more enjoyable 2nd half. Haaland some goal machine a pity he has such a dick of an agent.

No harm to see Liverpool beaten but when did they last lose without a shot on target? Unfortunately they will still get to the next round comfortably.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'd still make Liverpool favourites to go through, but not by much … and if Atletico score an away goal it'll get very interesting.
That's how I have it too.

We did the one thing we couldn't afford tonight and that's fall behind. Even if they haven't been good lately, they still know how to fecking defend.

Wayne's World

Shocking ref, one of the worst. Good luck at Anfield Atletico 1-0 won't be enough. Hell awaits.
fecking hell awaits....feck me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5 minutes of singing and the rest in silence is really going to scare Atletico to death or maybe the few flares will frightening them to death on the bus on the way in? :lol::lol::lol:

No Love

Lots of big talk about Liverpool smashing them at Anfield, would become very interesting if Atletico score an away goal. For all their huffing and puffing, Liverpool didn’t look like scoring this evening.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That result has been coming for a few games now. They haven’t played very well recently
There's no one outstanding performer in this Liverpool side. There are some very good players but it's a functional side which works very well as a unit. We're going to win the league based on that functionality more than our individual quality imo.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Shocking ref, one of the worst. Good luck at Anfield Atletico 1-0 won't be enough. Hell awaits.
Such a poor ref. Not that we would have scored had he been an excellent ref but he was so, so poor. This can't be the level of elite Uefa refs, Shirley? Fell for every dive, whether it was us diving or (mostly) them.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Solid defending from Atletico, fantastic shithousery and a cnut of a referee. Scoreline has set it up for a tense 2nd leg.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Nicely set up for the return leg. Feels like we gave Atletico the game they wanted. Salah does my head in some times.

That Haaland goal and the sound the net made was just...:drool:
You'll still go through imho. Far too much firepower, your two wingers picked the worst night possible to have an off night.

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
Well played Atletico - that's exactly the performance I expected from them. We didn't really rise up to it (and also weren't given the chance to). Basically, it's the perfect away European knockout performance (except they were at home...). Bloody annoying team to play.

TheReligion

Abusive
Bunch of shithouses and a massive homer ref helped them see out the game. Would have been nice to get an away goal, but still would have us as favourites to go through at Anfield. Going to be a very different game.
You didn't have a single shot on target to be honest. It's not like they were hanging on. Despite all your possession they had the clearer chances and your fortunate to only be a goal down.

An away goal could be crucial. Still fancy you to get through mind.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Wasted a lot of his career chasing money in Russia and China. He could have played for big European clubs instead.

Well... earning a shitton of money isnt exactly 'wasted'.
He was actually a step down in quality from the previous Zenit CM orchestrators Zyryanov and Shirokov, good but not really the level of player you would watch and think he's wasting his career here. Then again i suppose you can easily say they should have moved too.

Dante

Average bang
Liverpool have just lost and all BT can talk about is how good they'll be at Anfield in the return leg.

Feck that for a game of soldiers. The only reason I switched over was to hear them talk shit about the scousers. I'm turning back to the Dortmund game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yep can't disagree too much. Atletico Madrid showed once again tonight they can score with little possession. If I had to predict I'd go 2-1 Liverpool second leg but of course never underestimate them in an Anfield second leg.

izec

He does enjoy protesting a bit too much though, bless him
Well he was twice there and twice the ref saw it wrong to be fair. I dont know though, if that was the barometer applied consistently, 5 players should see a yellow every game. Maybe the words he is using are the issue