Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
What is a Real Madrid fan pretending to support Liverpool doing here, spouting nonsense? Liverpool is a s*** team anyway, benefiting from the s*** form of many teams in the league this season. So be it. But we don't care that Liverpool get eliminated or not, they will eliminate themselves due to the lack of real quality in the squad and only relying on full backs to create. So sod off mate.
Real Madrid? Oh you mean hala madrid. Something the mods stuck on me when we were unlucky 2 years ago in the CL final. You do care by the way. The loss has you giddy.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
In a 2 leg series all those teams would beat this Liverpool side 8/10 times. Especially Mourinho Chelsea teams and the 07-08 United team.

Liverpool are good but at the same time this league is piss easy right now. Chelsea are a shadow of what they used to be, United same, Arsenal is even worse then the top 4 arsenal teams, spurs are worse and there ceiling is not that high and then City the only true threat is a injury plagued team.

You gotta take all these things into context man.
For Liverpool Klopp has never lost a two legged tie to any available opponent and also won the CL. That Chelsea side lost two CL semis to an inferior Liverpool side. That Arsenal never won the CL.

But ok.

Gasolin

Real Madrid? Oh you mean hala madrid. Something the mods stuck on me when we were unlucky 2 years ago in the CL final. You do care by the way. The loss has you giddy.
I sincerely don’t give a s*** about your team mate. Do I go to a Liverpool forum? Definitely not. So yeah, I don’t give a s***.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Mourinho must be the most overrated, overpaid, incompetent humanbeing on the surface of the earth. Thought that the Spurs are much more clever than that, hiring him. Got a great development the last years. But with Mourinho it will all go downwards. I hate RB, but i will enjoy watching Nagelsmann whiping the floor with him and his horrible football.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Love all the criticism of Mourinho and at the end of the day Spurs are playing almost exactly the same way they did for pretty much the last year under Pochettino

Between injuries and lack of players spurs haven't had a working midfield since 17/18

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
For Liverpool Klopp has never lost a two legged tie to any available opponent and also won the CL. That Chelsea side lost two CL semis to an inferior Liverpool side. That Arsenal never won the CL.

But ok.
Look at the piss poor quality Liverpool have played against though? Old deteriorating team.

If you get any one of those teams in there absolute primes! Especially United under Sir Alex who were just a superior side all around and had a much better coach this Liverpool team just wound not stack up well against them.

They are winning and credit to them but this is one of the weakest EPL in a LONG time. Every traditional top club is rebuilding or just a shadow of what they once were and the only real threat to Liverpool is injury depleted.

It’s a good Liverpool team but man are they far off from the best EPL sides ever.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I sincerely don’t give a s*** about your team mate. Do I go to a Liverpool forum? Definitely not. So yeah, I don’t give a s***.
I swear opposition fans forget this is a Manchester United forum at times.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Look at the piss poor quality Liverpool have played against though? Old deteriorating team.

If you get any one of those teams in there absolute primes! Especially United under Sir Alex who were just a superior side all around and had a much better coach this Liverpool team just wound not stack up well against them.

They are winning and credit to them but this is one of the weakest EPL in a LONG time. Every traditional top club is rebuilding or just a shadow of what they once were and the only real threat to Liverpool is injury depleted.

It’s a good Liverpool team but man are they far off from the best EPL sides ever.
So, over three different campaigns Liverpool haven’t beaten anybody any good but have reached three finals? Two CL and one EL.

Klopp doesn’t lose over two legs yet every decent team from the past (including sides that never won the CL) are better.

We’re reaching peak denial right now.

Wilkohler

Supports
Union Berlin

expand...

This Liverpool team isn't the best EPL side ever. They have some way to go but they are on the right trajectory.

Man. Utd may have been great domestically, but they were poor in Europe. Imagine such a superior team only managed to win two Champions league in over twenty years period.

Anyway, let's see if this Liverpool team can win some more titles both domestically and in Europe

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
People are letting Pep off the hook too much. He knew Kompany was going and that Laporte was his only reliable CB after that, but he didn't act. Now they've paid the price for it. They had the resources to go and get another CB if they wanted to.

Going into this season with three recognized CB's whilst trying to compete in four competitions was daft.

Gasolin

expand...

This Liverpool team isn't the best EPL side ever. They have some way to go but they are on the right trajectory.

Man. Utd may have been great domestically, but they were poor in Europe. Imagine such a superior team only managed to win two Champions league in over twenty years period.

Anyway, let's see if this Liverpool team can win some more titles both domestically and in Europe
We had to compete against a prime Messi twice and lost 2 finals on top of our first final won.

CognitiveNeuro

We had to compete against a prime Messi twice and lost 2 finals on top of our first final won.
Prime Messi was 2014/2015.
This myth that United got beaten by prime Messi/Barcelona needs to stop. They lost to Chelsea and Inter FFS.

Also the Messi of 2011/2012 (when they got knocked out by Chelsea) was better than the Messi that beat United.

United have been historically poor in Europe compared to domestically.
Compare this to Liverpool who reach a CL Final every 2-3 seasons that they are actually involved in since CL started.

Gasolin

This myth that United got beaten by prime Messi/Barcelona needs to stop. They lost to Chelsea and Inter FFS.

Also the Messi of 2011/2012 (when they got knocked out by Chelsea) was better than the Messi that beat United.

United have been historically poor in Europe compared to domestically.
Compare this to Liverpool who reach a CL Final every 2-3 seasons that they are actually involved in since CL started.
2006-2007 Semi-final vs Milan
2007-2008 Champion vs Chelsea
2008-2009 Final vs Barcelona
2009-2010 Quarter-final vs Bayern
2010-2011 Final vs Barcelona

That's a team that did 3 finals, won once and 1 semi-final and 1 quarter-final in 5 years.
That team was doing well.

For Barcelona, we see:
2006-2007 R16 vs Liverpool
2007-2008 Semi-final vs United
2008-2009 Champion vs United
2009-2010 Semi-final vs Inter
2010-2011 Champion vs United

After that, they do semi-final x2, QF, and then the last title vs Juventus.
Are you really saying that was not peak Barcelona then? And isn't peak Barcelona correlated to a peak Messi?
Or is Messi only on the peak when he doesn't play United, because no way United could have beat them or anything? What is that logic really?

We did very well during those 5 years, and Barcelona was doing fine as well.

CognitiveNeuro

2006-2007 Semi-final vs Milan
2007-2008 Champion vs Chelsea
2008-2009 Final vs Barcelona
2009-2010 Quarter-final vs Bayern
2010-2011 Final vs Barcelona

That's a team that did 3 finals, won once and 1 semi-final and 1 quarter-final in 5 years.
That team was doing well.

For Barcelona, we see:
2006-2007 R16 vs Liverpool
2007-2008 Semi-final vs United
2008-2009 Champion vs United
2009-2010 Semi-final vs Inter
2010-2011 Champion vs United

After that, they do semi-final x2, QF, and then the last title vs Juventus.
Are you really saying that was not peak Barcelona then? And isn't peak Barcelona correlated to a peak Messi?
Or is Messi only on the peak when he doesn't play United, because no way United could have beat them or anything? What is that logic really?

We did very well during those 5 years, and Barcelona was doing fine as well.

Messi's peak was 2014-2015.

Look at the entirety of it, for all the success United has domestically, they've done poorly in Europe. Peak Barcelona is just an excuse....United had 20+ years of continuous participation in the CL while winning the same amount of CLs as Liverpool have had in like 7 years of CL during that time.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

I remember when Liverpool were playing against mighty teams like Sporting last century. Shame they've become piss poor in Europe and in their own country.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I remember when Liverpool were playing against mighty teams like Sporting last century. Shame they've become piss poor in Europe and in their own country.
Listen if you want to talk about how shit Sporting is then I’ll fecking join you TRUST ME!

That don’t got anything to do with the fact that this Liverpool team is not even close to being the best team in the history of the league.

This is why people didn’t want Liverpool to win for so long. They are like the cowboys, the fans are unbearable. You guys win one I repeat ONE league title in THIRTY years where you guys spent most of the time in the last 10 years in the mid table then fighting for a trophy and just like that this is the greatest team in the history of the league?

Like come on guys, get a grip.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:lol:

That Barcelona team was the greatest football side I've ever seen and widely regarded as the best club team ever. Any team can have freak results. That's a silly way to demean them (and of course us). They were and remain on a different level to anything I've seen.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Listen if you want to talk about how shit Sporting is then I’ll fecking join you TRUST ME!

That don’t got anything to do with the fact that this Liverpool team is not even close to being the best team in the history of the league.

This is why people didn’t want Liverpool to win for so long. They are like the cowboys, the fans are unbearable. You guys win one I repeat ONE league title in THIRTY years where you guys spent most of the time in the last 10 years in the mid table then fighting for a trophy and just like that this is the greatest team in the history of the league?

Like come on guys, get a grip.
:D We've not won any PL yet.

CognitiveNeuro

That Barcelona team was the greatest football side I've ever seen and widely regarded as the best club team ever. Any team can have freak results. That's a silly way to demean them (and of course us). They were and remain on a different level to anything I've seen.
Which Barcelona team?

Do you understand that I was comparing Barcelona 09/10, Barcelona 10/11 and Barcelona 11/12? Somehow I feel you couldn't understand my point and lumped them all into Pep's Barcelona being the greatest football side you've ever seen.

Going that way, there is a strong argument nowadays that Real Madrid's side that won 3 CLs in a row, 4 CLs in 5 years, is probably a stronger team though at least in Spain.

amolbhatia50k

Which Barcelona team?

Do you understand that I was comparing Barcelona 09/10, Barcelona 10/11 and Barcelona 11/12? Somehow I feel you couldn't understand my point and lumped them all into Pep's Barcelona being the greatest football side you've ever seen.

Going that way, there is a strong argument nowadays that Real Madrid's side that won 3 CLs in a row, 4 CLs in 5 years, is probably a stronger team though at least in Spain.
We played Pep's Barcelona in both finals.

And no, Barcelona were better.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I'm comparing individual seasons of Pep's Barcelona you absolute tool....and your second statement is subjective.
It's a widely accepted fact that Pep's Barca and his frankly unplayable tiki-taka style of football was among the greatest ever to play the game. Any argument to the contrary is weak at best.

And United faced that side twice in the CL final. I'd say that's rather unfortunate.

Meanwhile, Liverpool found themselves faced with one of the weakest Spurs sides of the last decade or so. That you got comfortably beaten by Real the year before is no coincidence.

CognitiveNeuro

It's a widely accepted fact that Pep's Barca and his frankly unplayable tiki-taka style of football was among the greatest ever to play the game. Any argument to the contrary is weak at best.

And United faced that side twice in the CL final. I'd say that's rather unfortunate.

Meanwhile, Liverpool found themselves faced with one of the weakest Spurs sides of the last decade or so. That you got comfortably beaten by Real the year before is no coincidence.
Again, you can't read properly. Where did I say they weren't one of the greatest sides ever to play? The dispute was if THEY WERE the greatest side ever not if they were AMONG the greatest sides to ever play.

Liverpool also played Barcelona and Bayern Munich in 2019 and in 2005, Chelsea who won the league by a huge margin, Juventus the champions of Serie A and one of the greatest sides ever in AC Milan of 2004/2005.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Again, you can't read properly. Where did I say they weren't one of the greatest sides ever to play? The dispute was if THEY WERE the greatest side ever not if they were AMONG the greatest sides to ever play.

Liverpool also played Barcelona and Bayern Munich in 2019 and in 2005, Chelsea who won the league by a huge margin, Juventus the champions of Serie A and one of the greatest sides ever in AC Milan of 2004/2005.
You're splitting hairs to suit your agenda.

That Barca side under Pep was the greatest of all time in my 'subjective' opinion. The one Liverpool beat last season pales by comparison in every department.

amolbhatia50k

I'm comparing individual seasons of Pep's Barcelona you absolute tool....and your second statement is subjective.
Promotions like yours should make the mods introspect given you don't seem to be capable of forming a half baked argument let alone a full grown one. Pep's teams across that period is considered one of the greatest club teams ever and by many the absolute greatest. Definitely the best I've ever seen. And yes it's subjective. Well done for pointing out the bleeding obvious for no apparent reason.

amolbhatia50k

None of the teams Liverpool played in 2005 were anywhere near Pep's Barcelona. But continue with your Livepool love in, I suppose.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Pep's Barca were the best team I've seen but they weren't unbeatable at all. Inter and Chelsea knocked them out and plenty of teams came close during those 4 years.

It's not really a good excuse for United's underwhelming record in Europe.

Varun

Staff
Promotions like yours should make the mods introspect given you don't seem to be capable of forming a half baked argument let alone a full grown one. Pep's teams across that period is considered one of the greatest club teams ever and by many the absolute greatest. Definitely the best I've ever seen. And yes it's subjective. Well done for pointing out the bleeding obvious for no apparent reason.
He's not promoted!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Chelsea vs Bayern and Napoli vs Barca today.

Chelsea vs Bayern should be good one.

Lyricist

Liverpool are winning this again.

Is that a jinx attempt?

If not then I’ll say that nothing in the CL this season supports that. Their European form hasn’t been good. Let’s see if they’ll even make the quarter finals.

Inter v Ludogrets is going to be played behind closed doors at the San Siro. It will be extremely weird watching a Champions League knock out game in an empty stadium.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Inter v Ludogrets is going to be played behind closed doors at the San Siro. It will be extremely weird watching a Champions League knock out game in an empty stadium.
Hearing United's CL game also will be in an empty stadium.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Europa game, Juventus vs Inter will be played in empty stadium too, awful situation to be in. Derby game in empty stadium.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Chelsea vs Bayern and Napoli vs Barca today.

Chelsea vs Bayern should be good one.
Can't see Chelsea getting anything out of this. Lampard will try to play his style but Chelsea are too inconsistent and Bayern just the overall better team so this can only go one way.

As shit as our football has been for the last 6,5 years I think that teams like Bayern would struggle much more against us than against Chelsea.

Lyricist

I see Kovacic has scouted Bayern well and already dropped some inside knowledge to the press:

Their league isn’t as tough as the PL so Bayern will be better rested. But we will see, it will be a great game.