Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

Pagh Wraith

Having Ross Barkley on the pitch makes every game a little less enjoyable. A player I just do not get.

That's before he has taken one his pointless trademark shots with three defenders on his toes from far out.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
:lol: Must be a contender for worst celebration of the year no doubt. Was that a one-off or is that his standard celebration?
His standard one is making the heart with both hands - no fecking clue what that hideous thing was he did today :lol:

DRM

Having Ross Barkley on the pitch makes every game a little less enjoyable. A player I just do not get.

That's before he has taken one his pointless trademark shots with three defenders on his toes from far out.
He was ok(ish)at Everton but he's regressed badly at Chelsea.

KennyBurner

So glad robben and ribery are a thing of the past. Need bayern out of contention for the next 10 years. No way are they winning this competion with coman and gnarby.

SharpshooterTom

No you're right.

I just had a look at the squads in 88 and 95.

That was some core group of amazing players.
I'm not disputing your claim of Barca 09-12 being the GOAT, there's obviously a claim for them, all I was questioning was the suggestion they're "widely" thought of as the GOAT, no questions asked. For people under the age of 35 that would be the case.

I think that Barca should have at least one more CL under Pep, Inter in 10' were outstanding but going out to Chelsea in 12' was a real missed opportunity.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
So glad robben and ribery are a thing of the past. Need bayern out of contention for the next 10 years. No way are they winning this competion with coman and gnarby.
But next year with Sané and Gnabry :p

A-man

I must say I really admire how Napoli play tonight. Working really hard in defence, everybody 100% focused and with max concentration, and then when they attack they do it it with speed and many players.

Pagh Wraith

Chelsea need someone to get on the end of one of Kovačić's runs. And pace. Willian for Barkley seems to be the obvious change for now.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Chelsea need someone to get on the end of one of Kovačić's runs. And pace. Willian for Barkley seems to be the obvious change for now.
I would take off Giroud, they need pace up front to attack Boateng. Pedro or William for Giroud for me.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
This Caballero performance reminds me of Almunia vs Barca some years ago.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
He was booed a week after in Allianz Arena, when he played against Bayern with Holland in a friendly pre-Euros. It was scandalous at the time (beeing booed by his own fans) but this story had an happy end with him scoring the winner against Dortmund one year later.
He was booed by the weißbierbrigade at the main stands. Never heard a boo from the Kurve.
What necromancer raised Thomas Muller from the dead? He's brilliant.
Jogi Löw eats a bowl of Nivea I hope.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Both Bayern / Chelsea team looks weak in my opinion, Bayern playing with no steel in the midfield though I like Kimmich for his technical prowess he's certainly not a physical individual. I reckon Chelsea could get a result here
The need for „steel in midfield“ is such a British thing to say.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Mmm still kind of switching between em. You make a good point, but I really dislike Barca...
My recommendation was shit. Napoli went into the match super defensive and Barca are awful. Good watch if you want to see Barca fail but the football isn't good.

marktan

Out of our academy grads he is head and shoulders above the rest. It's such a shame for England that he and Trent play the same position.
Don't you mean Reece James and Wan Bissaka?

Machine Elements

bayern are such a delight to watch. Wish we could replace their coaching staff with ours. every single player can pass and move. I long for the day we consistently do the same.
Yeah. Just how fluid their football is compared to ours in the last couple of years? I don't watch much footy other than United these days and it's refreshing to see even the basics getting implemented so well.

Brightonian

I would take off Giroud, they need pace up front to attack Boateng. Pedro or William for Giroud for me.
Giroud's hold-up play has been superb and he's the only reason they have an attacking foothold at the moment. What they need do is add some pace onto the pitch alongside him, someone who, when he feeds them or flicks it on for them, can actually burst through on goal, unlike Mount who looks like he's running through treacle.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Out of our academy grads he is head and shoulders above the rest. It's such a shame for England that he and Trent play the same position.
I think defensively he’s better and as for pace, I doubt very much that TAA is quicker, he’s just playing in a great side right now and rarely gets exposed due to the way they play.

marktan

Think Chelsea's best bet is to not concede and then wait for Abraham / Kante / Pulisic etc to return in the return leg. Their attack is very weak with both Mount and Barkely on the pitch. Mount I actually like but you need a dribbler like Pulisic or CHO in there too.