Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I’m happy with the 1-1 result but not having Busquets and vidal will hurt the next game

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Bayern looked absolutely class tonight. Yet another Bundesliga CL masterclass. They have Prem teams on their arse. Where’s the Bundesliga is shit thread.

cyberman

Oh yeah, we can see that...
England wasnt that far in front last year when they dominated both European competitions and its not that much of a slight when we could see 2 or 3 of them out at the first elimination stage.
Would the EPL be better if Bayern were facing Liverpool and Dortmund v City and both German sides found it difficult?

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
you realise we are currently 4th dont you?
Yes right now you are but what I saw tonight and have been seeing for the last couple of weeks is not a top 4 team. 6 would be about right.
And honestly I think you should be happy To even get a EL spot with that squad.

Some tough games left against Liverpool, City, Everton, Wolves and Sheffield.

Last edited:

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Vidal fell for that obvious bait big time there. He's a bit of a putz sometimes.

Gasolin

I wasn't even talking about us mate, Sheffield Utd, Wolves have a better chance.
I don't think so.

In the first 14 games in the league, we only picked 18 pts and we were 9th, behind Arsenal (19), Sheffield United (19), Wolves (20).
But in the last 13 games, we are 3rd now with 23 pts. Only Liverpool (40) and City (28) are ahead of us, everyone else is behind, with Everton (22). Southampton (22), Sheffield United (21), Spurs (20), Wolves (19), Burnley (19), Arsenal (18), Leicester (18), Chelsea (18)...

I think we are almost guaranteed to be 4th now in lieu of Chelsea. And the team, without injuries, starts understanding better how to use spaces, and once they realize faster if the team in front is sitting deep and low or not, we will be able to hurt them even more. Bruno is the one who makes the differences. Pogba? Can make even more of a difference.

We have to back Ole 100% until the end of the season.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Yes right now you are but what I saw tonight and have been seeing for the last couple of weeks is not a top 4 team. 6 would be about right.

Some tough games left against Liverpool, City, Everton, Wolves and Sheffield.
man utd also have everton away, man city home, spurs away. Lots of tricky matches. Just an opinion but i think top 4 stays as it is

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Jesus, just look at the talent Bayern has taken off the bench..
They are finally getting their team together. Süle being out basically the whole year is a big blow though. Martinez and Perisic are not being missed too much. Hernandez healthy again helps.
But yes, bringing on Coutinho, Goretzka and Tolisso is not shabby!

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
man utd also have everton away, man city home, spurs away. Lots of tricky matches. Just an opinion but i think top 4 stays as it is
Yes it Will be an interesting end of the season, especially for the top 4 For sure.
Hopefully we win EL and dont have to rely on top 4 race. But we’ll see!

Lee565

Bayern are kinda dark horses for this years champions league, I dont think many fans/pundits would have these down as winning the tournament ahead of the likes of liverpool, real, Barca, man city, psg and even Juventus purely because they have the ronaldo factor but Bayern look like they can destroy any team on their day with how potent they are in attack, especially with Lewandowski in the form of his life and and they do gave very good strength in depth all over the pitch if most of their players perform to their potential.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Liverpool will batter Atletico at Anfield.
Not sure that they'll batter them. I think Atletico are the perfect side to set up and soak up pressure whereas you know a Barca or City will generally always crumble under the same conditions.

Liverpool will probably fluke a win, tbf, but Atletico are probably the worst team in the world to be going into a 2nd leg against needing to break down.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Bayern are kinda dark horses for this years champions league, I dont think many fans/pundits would have these down as winning the tournament ahead of the likes of liverpool, real, Barca, man city, psg and even Juventus purely because they have the ronaldo factor but Bayern look like they can destroy any team on their day with how potent they are in attack, especially with Lewandowski in the form of his life and and they do gave very good strength in depth all over the pitch if most of their players perform to their potential.
We’ve seen this before where they look amazing in the first two rounds and then fall off

Chelsea aren’t a great barometer but Bayern did look good today.

Nick7

You’d be raging if you were frank and you’ve seen two blatant reds not given by English refs and VAR and then that gets given in Europe
Why? That red card was as blatant as they come. I’d be raging that Alonso was so fecking stupid. Though he has previous.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool will batter Atletico at Anfield.
Would love to agree with you but Atletico are bad enough at 0-0. When they have a lead to protect, they'll shut everything down and we'll struggle. Hopefully we can get a result but we certainly won't batter them

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Based on the highlights Bayern were sublime and Barcelona were trash.

Gilgamesh

Supports
Bayern, and others
Bayern looked absolutely class tonight. Yet another Bundesliga CL masterclass. They have Prem teams on their arse. Where’s the Bundesliga is shit thread.
Yeah. They have been looking pretty tonight... I just don't buy it, and I'm a fan! Checsea was not competition.

Last edited: