Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

Riz

Looks like someone needs to explain the away goal rule to Fletch:

“Doesn’t change the objective for Real Madrid tonight, they already needed to score 2. If Man City score again that would cause them real trouble as they’d then need to score 4.”

el3mel

Can someone who is more knowledgeable explain what is so special about Sarri? His Chelsea were boring and his Juve doesn't look like anything special.
Nothing really, some just assume since his team loves having possession he's an incredible manager or something. Overall his career has been terrible and underwhelming.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think its too defensive. He needs a Mharez or Silva to work the space behind Hazard.
He obviously knows infinitely more about the game than I do but going defensively in a home leg means you have to see it outbor the knives are out.
Plus I think they drop down levels as a side when trying to be play more defensively. Watching them nervously defending in the second leg v us was a real eye opener.
Its maybe why Peps sides, by and large, go out in these massive scoring ties since leaving Barca. He isnt very good at setting it up
No I was just curious to hear your reasoning, I do agree that serious questions need to be asked of Pep if he managed to bungle this up (and there's still time!!!)

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Haven’t seen Real Madrid play much, but it seems the quality of la liga has gotten worse if they are supposedly the champions. Always questioned Zidane coaching ability before and I still believe Ronaldo was the main reason for their success under him in addition to spending a lot of cash. Reminds me of a lesser similar manager here at United

Castia

Said months ago when everybody was slagging Pep off that they’ll win the CL.

Lyon in a CL semi final...

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I know playing from the back is great and all and it can really improve attacking play. But fecking hell I don’t know why teams do that shit, you could tell they weren’t getting anywhere, why not just boot it clear?
"Play football the right way".
It's trash and the football landscape will change in its half decade cycle.

LVGSdive

I missed the goal because I was watching fightcamp boxing at Eddie Hearns garden. I don't think Real will come back now.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Haven’t seen Real Madrid play much, but it seems the quality of la liga has gotten worse if they are supposedly the champions. Always questioned Zidane coaching ability before and I still believe Ronaldo was the main reason for their success under him in addition to spending a lot of cash. Reminds me of a lesser similar manager here at United
Jesus, I'm an Arsenal fan and even I'm sick of the way you turn every post into an opportunity to bash Ole

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I know they are our rival but I really enjoy watching a young player like Foden in the champions league because I value the national team progression alot as an unrivalled person.

PoTMS

Leeds promoted, Liverpool champions of England, Man City champions of Europe. Kill me now.

el3mel

That City goal was an absolute clusterfeck from Varane, way to kill any remaining hope for your team in the first minutes and just settle the tie this early.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
"Play football the right way".
It's trash and the football landscape will change in its half decade cycle.
It’s fine when it’s a sensible option but some teams including Ole’s seem to have made it policy and it looks ridiculous and as though the tram is playing with a handicap.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Jesus, I'm an Arsenal fan and even I'm sick of the way you turn every post into an opportunity to bash Ole
Not a bash, as you can take it in a way that if we continue to throw ridiculous amount of money at Ole, he will find similar success. Maybe Sancho or Mason will be his Ronaldo. Maybe even Martial or Marcus.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
BTW for those of you in the America.

CBS All Access has a 1 month free trial for their streaming service. And only 5.99/month if you choose to pay. Will have all the Champions League/Europa League matches.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

In fairness they won away at the Spanish champs in the QFs. Will probably get the German champs if they go all the way to the final.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Benzema's been a threat, but so has the entire City frontline

Castia

How bad do Madrid look? Generally think we’d be 3-1 up at this point too.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
BTW for those of you in the America.

CBS All Access has a 1 month free trial for their streaming service. And only 5.99/month if you choose to pay. Will have all the Champions League/Europa League matches.
Aye I'm watching the City game on this now. You can install this on a Roku if you have one.