Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Official comps :

No, it's a tactical choice, Kouassi is seeing a lot of playtime lately.
Just surprised he can't make the bench in an away CL knockout tie... That's pretty much where he'd be most useful no?

saivet

Looking forward to Dortmund vs PSG

I hope this lives up to the hype!

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Just surprised he can't make the bench in an away CL knockout tie... That's pretty much where he'd be most useful no?
He had fitness issues, wasn't very good the last few times he played and the competition in midfield is fierce, even with Paredes injured today. And only 18 players can be on the bench in CL.

Maybe he'll jump a few places in the pecking order when he gets some momentum going for him.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I don’t understand how Liverpool have ran away in the league and only dropped 2 points all season. Klopp rarely rotates and 9 of the 11 starting tonight started on Saturday, 3 days ago. The players always seem fully fit and injury free. Extremely lucky with injuries.

The way the team presses and with low rotation, it seems crazy how the players keep up that level every game. Hopefully Atletico turn them over tonight.

K_Ash

Icardi not starting?! interesting...btw when did they change the rule for players eligibility? I didnt think Haland could play..things get reset during the elimination rounds

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Simeone has received THREE yellow cards in the last four games! That's fecking mental. Shame he's not in the markets. I'd stick a tenner on him to get another tonight, what with LiVARpool and their recent luck.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I don’t understand how Liverpool have ran away in the league and only dropped 2 points all season. Klopp rarely rotates and 9 of the 11 starting tonight started on Saturday, 3 days ago. The players always seem fully fit and injury free. Extremely lucky with injuries.

The way the team presses and with low rotation, it seems crazy how the players keep up that level every game. Hopefully Atletico turn them over tonight.
They didn't play a game from 1 February until last Saturday's game, it would be rather weird if they couldn't handle two games in four days right now. That was part of the whole point with the FA Cup disaster - giving them a proper break to refuel.

Atlético has only made 3 changes from their last game as well.

Dante

Average bang
They didn't play a game from 1 February until last Saturday's game, it would be rather weird if they couldn't handle two games in four days right now. That was part of the whole point with the FA Cup disaster - giving them a proper break to refuel.

Atlético has only made 3 changes from their last game as well.
Martin Tyler made a good point yesterday. Despite the break, an inordinate number of players were going down with injuries this last weekend.

I don't know what the reason for that is. Maybe it's the stop-start flow we've had this season. Or maybe it's because players are going too hard at it. Either way, I wouldn't be so sure that the break is going to be a big benefit.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Come on Atleti!

Dante

Average bang
Liverpool going out this round would be a tremendous relief.
That would be brilliant.

Arguably the two best defences in the world against each other in one match. And the two most exciting attacks in the world against each other in the other.

I know which one I'm watching, and it's not the fecking scousers.

Jazz

Is crazy Diego injured?

always_hoping

A weakened Atletico team in poor form. Liverpool should be winning tonight. I'll be watching Dortmund v PSG instead a more intriguing tie.

Jazz

Oh yes! 5 more please!

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
VAR coming on...

Edit: Wow, a perfectly good goal against Liverpool allowed to stand :eek:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
In terms of the whole tie that's the best thing that could've happened.

Atleti will try every trick in the book now to s***house their way to a 1-0 or even 2-0 win now. Best of luck Liverpool.

K_Ash

purely for EPL 's bragging rights..I cannot have any of La Liga teams RealM/Barca/Atleti beat any EPL team !

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Anyone got a river? None of my usual sites are working for some reason. Thanks.