Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
18 February
Borussia Dortmund (GER) v Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
Atlético (ESP) v Liverpool (ENG)

19 February
Atalanta (ITA) v Valencia (ESP)
Tottenham Hotspur (ENG) v Leipzig (GER)

25 February
Chelsea (ENG) v Bayern München (GER)
Napoli (ITA) v Barcelona (ESP)

26 February
Real Madrid (ESP) v Manchester City (ENG)
Lyon (FRA) v Juventus (ITA)

10 March
Valencia (ESP) v Atalanta (ITA)
Leipzig (GER) v Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)

11 March
Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) v Borussia Dortmund (GER)
Liverpool (ENG) v Atlético (ESP)

17 March
Manchester City (ENG) v Real Madrid (ESP)
Juventus (ITA) v Lyon (FRA)

18 March
Bayern München (GER) v Chelsea (ENG)
Barcelona (ESP) v Napoli (ITA)

All 20:00 UK time kick-offs.

Paul_Scholes18

I think there are many interesting games. I think there is only two boring and predictable ties.
Pool vs Atletico. Easy win for Pool. Doubt Atletico will even score.
Juventus vs Lyon. Should be easy for Juventus.

The rest should have goals and some drama at least.

Jibbs

PSG vs Dortmund will be tasty... Haaland and Sancho vs Mbappe and Neymar.

Canagel

PSG
Liverpool
Valencia
Tottenham
Bayern Munich
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Juventus

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
PSG
Atletico (probably pool but I’m being hopeful)
Atalanta
Tottenham
Barca
Bayern
Real
Juventus

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Madrid-City has the potential to be one of the best ties ever. PSG-Dortmund should be incredible too

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Liverpool, not nearly as easily as peopld here think

Atalanta-Valencia is genuinely a toss up for me. Atalanta at their best should shred Valencia, but it's the CL and Valencia are more used to this. Plus Valencia are full of players who are good in duels, which is how you beat atalanta

PSG will smash dortmund
Spurs will smash Leipzig
Bayern will smash Chelsea
Barcelona over Napoli
Juventus over OL
Real Madrid-City another toss up. If we're healthy with our best XI available i think we do them. Otherwise...not

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Atletico-Liverpool
First leg will be a proper game, Atletico are exactly the type of team that can shut down Liverpool's attack and win a tie without being the better team but they've been so bad this season and Liverpool have been so good that it's impossible to predict anything other than Liverpool going through.

Dortmund-PSG
Dortmund's defense won't be able to contain PSG's attack at all, Dortmund will score but they'll concede a bunch. PSG always have a meltdown in them but can't see it happening in this tie.

Atalanta-Valencia
Completely depends on what Atalanta shows up. Valencia have more experience at this stage and they're good in knockout competitions (won the Copa last year) so I think they go through, especially with the second leg at the Mestalla. They have the grit and physicality to disturb Atalanta's game.

Tottenham-Leipzig
With no Kane this will be a close one but with Mourinho I think they'll keep Leipzig out at home and then Lucas/Son will kill them on the counter in the second leg.

Chelsea-Bayern
Think this will be closer than many expect, if Chelsea had the second leg at home I'd pick them but Bayern score in every game they play so they'll score away and then finish the job at home.

Lyon-Juventus
Expecting this to be very low scoring but Juve to control Lyon's attack with no Depay and eventually find a way through.

Napoli-Barca
Napoli have improved recently while Barca are going through a bit of a crisis but the gap is still huge. Napoli are likely to get at least a draw at home but they'll get killed in the second leg.

Real Madrid-Manchester City
City are playing their entire season here while Madrid are in a tight title race. Every time I've seen Madrid play against a high press this season I've seen too many mistakes that have usually not been taken advantage of. Both teams are great with the ball and average without it but I think Pep will get the best out of Zidane tactically and City will manage to have more of the ball in both games and press Madrid's defense into making mistakes.

Pagh Wraith

Have you seen Leipzig since the winter break?
Have you seen Tottenham? I have watched a lot of games of both teams this season and I'd say Leipzig are rightfully favourites. But I did find Nagelsmann's outburst after the Frankfurt defeat quite bizarre to be honest as they had played well. Not sure if that has an effect on the performances going forward but it was something I would expect the drivelling idiots on Sky to come out with, not the team coach.

NoPace

I'll look harder at betting later but for some reason I think Chelsea-Bayern will have a bunch of goals in it, probably bet the over in that one.

Samid

If Nagelsmann can't even beat a washed up Mourinho he has no business being linked with the United job.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If I was looking for a team and coach capable of getting at Liverpool and frustrating them It would be A.Madrid and Simone.
But A.Madrid need to be at their best.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Meh Atletico have scored like 6 goals this season. That will be the most boring tie of all time. Real - City though...

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
If Nagelsmann can't even beat a washed up Mourinho he has no business being linked with the United job.
You might want to take into account, you know, the quality of the football players available to each manager across both legs. It's not manager vs manager on the pitch in a 1 a side game.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Can't wait for this. Should be one of the more exciting rounds in the CL. Can't believe we aren't part of this. We're too big not to be.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Can't wait for this. Should be one of the more exciting rounds in the CL. Can't believe we aren't part of this. We're too big not to be.
Get used to it.

I fancy City to beat Real with Pep having given up on the PL title.
Chelsea with no chance against Bayern. Much too inconsistent.
Liverpool and Spurs to go through in tight ties.
Barca and Juve are CL experts and will enter the last 8 without too much trouble.
BVB vs PSG might be the most attractive one here. Hope to catch that one on TV.

Samid

Really looking forward to the Battle of the Balds. City eliminated due to a dodgy VAR call and the frenzy on bluemoon would be so good.

Fussball13251

Real Madrid vs City. That's the game. Personally I think Madrid might edge it, because they are more experienced in winning the CL. Not only that Real are just irritating to beat in the CL under Zidane.

Atletico 7 players out so Liverpool will be relatively comfortable.

Last edited:

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Dortmund - PSG will surely be a cracking game.
Yes, i agree. Great attacks and desastrous defenses meet each other. But i have to admit that, if Akanji is benched, (my words in Favres ear) the defense of BVB might be better then the last games (except for the game against Frankfurt where he already was benched, and BVB conceded zero goals).
Can on the field also might help. Being without compromises at the back, and relying on Sachno, Rapha, Hakimi, Haaland at the front would be able to hurt PSG. What also should be considered: Its a home-match for BVB, where they are very strong. Besides all the flutter in the BVB games, Westfalenstadion with the yellow wall is still a fortress.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Can't wait for Dortmund v PSG tonight! It has all the hallmark of a offensive firework of a game. Probably one of the must see games of the season for any neutral fan, or any fan that loves attacking football.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Eventually UEFA will start staggering start times on match days allowing for more people to watch both games

Another reason why when I seiz
Been thinking that. They even did it for the group stages!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Atletico's home record in CL knockout sides under Simeone is impressive. Only two goals conceded since he's been their manager.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Interestingly PSG's rumoured starting lineup is a 343 (or 433 depending on Marquinhos' positioning). PSG have played 442 almost exclusively in the last 2 months.
Navas
Marquinhos Silva Kimpembe
Meunier Gueye Verratti Kurzawa
Di Maria Mbappé Neymar​

Josh 76

Off to the gym for a couple of hours. Just need to stay so far away from this team.