Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

Gorse Hill Red

Like Keane said to Carragher, come back to me at the end of the season before he compares this Liverpool side to the 99 Treble side.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I think Joe Gomez was at fault for both the second and the third Atletico goals. For the second, he goes for ball watching instead of marking Llorente. He should have stayed close to him instead of being drawn into Morata who has Henderson and Van Dijk on him. Then for the third, he completely sells himself to Morata, when it was at least 4 Liverpool players vs 2 Atletico players - there was no need for that.

Mike Smalling

Does anyone know when the last time the two finalist from the previous season didn't even make the quarter-finals?

Edit: Actually both Monaco-Porto in 2005 and Arsenal-Barca in 2007.

Almost certainly it's all over now. Real Madrid and Juventus both in quarantine.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I really regret my team will not have a chance of lifting the CL trophy.

Llorente: Me Too. :)

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Dangit, anyone else going crazy without football? It's the time when big games are played...

Pagh Wraith

Olympique Lyon's president has said the return leg between Lyon and Juve will be played behind closed doors in Turin on 7 Aug.

UEFA is denying anything has been decided.

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Olympique Lyon's president has said the return leg between Lyon and Juve will be played behind closed doors in Turin on 7 Aug
Don't see any point in forceably trying to complete this. National leagues are having a tough time as it is trying to finish their competitions and starting new ones in the second half, they shouldn't have to worry about cramming in European cup competitions.

It's a cup competition so you can't have the argument about league positions and teams deserving to win etc.

cyberman

According to BILD the rest of the tournament will be in Lisbon.
Estadio da Luz, Estadio Jose Alvalade, Estadio do Restelo (Belenenses) and Estadio Nacional (Stadium for the cup final and the national team) will be the stadiums.

The Europa League final tournament could be around the Frankfurt area.....Frankfurt, Mainz, Sinsheim/Hoffenheim and Wehen-Wiesbaden.
Honestly, this could be the future of European competition

Mr Smith

Honestly, this could be the future of European competition
Nah, the home/away two legged format is too big a part of the competition. I can't see them changing it once things are back to normal. Could be in place for next years comp though, depending on the second wave.

Pep's Suit

Wonder if this is how group stage next season is played? Each group in one city and all 12 games played during 2-3 weeks?

Sigma

For PSG, I'd expect Mbappe to be out for the season. I think it may be an Atletico vs Atalanta semi final.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
There will be exemptions for football clubs on the basis that they are tested regularly and will be bubbled
Are they really bubbled? Sterling was pictured on a French beach with Piers Morgan the other day?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Are they really bubbled? Sterling was pictured on a French beach with Piers Morgan the other day?
I imagine if the Real players are mass tested then bubbled between then and game time they'll be allowed as an exception for work purposes or something. After all Leicester have still been permitted to play at the KP despite the local lockdown.

Samid

“Paulo Dybala was subjected to radiological tests at J|Medical this morning which revealed an elongation of the rectus femoral muscle of the left thigh. His conditions will be evaluated day by day.”

He's a serious doubt for the second leg.

Samid

Communication from #PSG on Mbappe: "The imaging workup performed today confirms a sprained ankle with external ligament injury. Following this trauma, the recovery time is approximately 3 weeks."

Should miss the Atalanta game then.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Isn't that one of the reasons for mass testing? Identify any cases, isolate and let the rest get on with it?

Or is it a different ball game when a match requires international travel?

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
It looks like he didn't come in contact with anyone. Squad had week off and he was found positive before joining squad. So it doesn't make sense to award tie to City if rest of the squad is negative and he didn't come in contact with any of them.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Pavard is apparently out for the rest of the season, i.e., the CL. Most likely means Kimmich won't be available at DM for our preferred midfield setup in the CL tournament.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Pavard is apparently out for the rest of the season, i.e., the CL. Most likely means Kimmich won't be available at DM for our preferred midfield setup in the CL tournament.
Yep, rather have Thiago and Goretzka behind Müller than Odriozola starting at RB.