Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

Wayne's World

If Madrid score early then I reckon City will shit themselves.

They can be got it but Madrid need huge games from Hazard and Rodrygo

midnightmare

If Madrid score early then I reckon City will shit themselves.

They can be got it but Madrid need huge games from Hazard and Rodrygo
Benz will be the key. Carried Madrid through the last part of the season. Had an exceptional year. This is the crunch though. Hopefully he’ll pull it off.

Deery

Dreary
You’d have to fancy Madrid they’ve won 10 of their last 11 matches, although a DeBruyne master class would be better to watch

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
BT Sport genuinely just ran a segment comparing Madrid’s recent habit of winning European titles without domestic success with Liverpool. In my lifetime Madrid have won 7 European cups compared to Liverpool’s 2 ffs!!

midnightmare

True, but Memphis plays for Lyon and while De Ligt plays for Juve he gets points deducted for being from Ajax.
Don’t you want to see Simeone get to face his personal battle with “the team with CR7” again? His record is absolutely mental in that sense so I’d love to see Atleti face Juve at some stage for that reason alone.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Nothing special from Pep tactically. Goes with fairly defensive side with Gundogan over Silva, but still with attacking quality on the counter .
Didn't expect Jesus to start though.
:confused: he was City's best player in the away leg, plus Aguero is injured

Questions need to be asked of Pep if they lose tonight. Theres some huge calls there
Who would you have started

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
BT Sport genuinely just ran a segment comparing Madrid’s recent habit of winning European titles without domestic success with Liverpool. In my lifetime Madrid have won 7 European cups compared to Liverpool’s 2 ffs!!
This is a joke really. 7 CLs in 22 years.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Foden starts! Wow wasn’t expecting that.
Foden on the wing. Interesting. Excited to see Rodrygo in a big game, he's impressed me this year.
From the little I've seen from Real Madrid this season, it seems like attackers struggle to get the better of Ferland Mendy in direct individual battles. With dribbling in 1v1 being arguably Mahrez's biggest strength , or rather his role in Pep's system, then he might be worried that he'll be nullified in a similar way to how Bisakka dealt with Sterling. In this way, he might prefer Foden who can be very direct when deployed on the right, like I witnessed in the U17 World Cup, but also someone that can be a creative presence and therefore asking different questions than mainly 1v1 situations. Despite having 9 assists, many of Mahrez's detractors believe he's selfish, and I've heard from City fans that he's the one player that will have fans groaning with his decision making. With De Bruyne looking to peel to the right, we might see a rotation with Foden momentarily occupying central areas. It's also possible that by the time Mahrez comes on (if he comes on) Mendy will be on a yellow which will position Mahrez to have the blessing of Pep to be as direct as possible. Notwithstanding Mendy's offensive abilities mind. It will be interesting to see how it pans out . All in all, not saying its the right or incorrect decision for that matter. It's potentially a reason which Pep took into consideration

cyberman

:confused: he was City's best player in the away leg, plus Aguero is injured

Who would you have started
I think its too defensive. He needs a Mharez or Silva to work the space behind Hazard.
He obviously knows infinitely more about the game than I do but going defensively in a home leg means you have to see it outbor the knives are out.
Plus I think they drop down levels as a side when trying to be play more defensively. Watching them nervously defending in the second leg v us was a real eye opener.
Its maybe why Peps sides, by and large, go out in these massive scoring ties since leaving Barca. He isnt very good at setting it up

PoTMS

Where's the boos in the fake crowd noise for the Champions League anthem?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Right, let's see what Madrid can do.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
City coaching staff booing the anthem to represent the fans

prateik

That City XI doesnt look that impressive.
If Madrid are on their game, they should win this

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Fingers crossed for some dodgy decisions in favor of Madrid.