Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

Withnail

It's not about the tackle, which looked fine to me, but about the little clip from #33. I think you can see it starting from second 24-25, that with his right knee he catches Auoar ever so slightly. It's unlucky because I think the sliding defender would have dealt with the situation anyway. But technically it's a foul and a penalty.
The clip which hardly even causes him to break stride? How is that enough for a pen?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Madrid need to stop incessantly playing the ball to feet and go long. Get Vinicius Jr on to stretch play a little. Some direct speed wouldn’t go amiss here.

Not sure how Valverde doesn’t start this either. Absolute OAP midfield against the press?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wow the ref in juve-lyon :eek:

Farcical, that guy and the VAR team should be demoted right fecking now

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
For a £100 million player, you'd expect more than a few good moments, to be fair. I feel he just lacks the mentality to play for a super elite club. He's far too passive and doesn't stamp his personality on a game. One goal this season is simply unacceptable considering the standards he set at Chelsea.
Let's keep this same energy for the inevitable 100m Sancho move.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
How many laughable penalties has Ronaldo scored this year?

Not trying to be negative at all, but in his shoes I would be kind of embarressed by now, to take any more of them.

Idxomer

It's not just the penalties, that ref had many other incidents that make no sense whatsover. I bet he'll send off a Lyon player the 2nd half.

Bole Top

the more I watch football these days, the less I understand rules.

Juve are looking more tired than bad, while Lyon are playing a bit better than in first game but are still hopeless in front of goal. If Juve didn't score that penalty I think that would be over for them, but now It's not that hard to imagine them scoring another two. I see another penalty and red to one of Lyon players in second half. they simply look like one of those teams prone to collapsing in these circumstances.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ramos is a massive miss for Real.

Still not sure Real can score another. City still pose more of a threat going forward to me.
Mh, we've actually defended fairly well. Most of their chances(goal and foden chance) were self-inflicted

TommiHelm

How do these French teams keep producing all these good central midfielders. All 3 of Lyons young midfield been brilliant again. Juventus might as well sub Pjanic, he's completely invisible.

dalriada

RM and City both look if they could concede again. City need KDB to get loose more. Pretty well balanced, this one. Hate to say it, but would prefer City to win it, RM are a great collection of players in an odious club .... just that City defence, though.

E-mal

Refs should have to account for some of their decisions. Now we won't hear the end of Aulas moaning for years.
Aulus, God's gracious! The man loves to moan, he'd be in a room all by himself and still moan. He moans at his reflection. He's as a difficult to do buisness with as Levy but he gave up negotiating for Lloris with Levy some few years back.

reddevilchennai

Knew from the start that Madrid were going to concede they way they were playing from back and city's pressing. But slowly Madrid grew into the game. Hazard looks isolated. Benzema and Rodrygo having good game. No proper midfield to turn the ball from defence to attack.

Classical Mechanic

Its interesting given debate on this site in recent days between the f9 and the traditional 9. In this game Pep has gone full ‘I’m a crazy genius praise me’ by playing Foden as an f9 whilst Real have sat in and used Benz as a traditional 9 with him linking and getting on the end of crosses from direct moves. I think Real have looked more dangerous overall.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Ramos is a massive miss for Real.

Still not sure Real can score another. City still pose more of a threat going forward to me.
Real will score again, we've already proven if teams get half a chance vs us we'll concede. I think this game rests on how many we score. Genuinely think we'll need 2 here.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, he did.
Saved our bacon with the red card actually

And again, we're not defending badly here, just keep making dumb mistakes in build up

Modric doesn't have the legs for this game though. Need Valverde on

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
De Ligt / Bonucci partnership must be the slowest in Europe. They’ve fecked up so many times this season.

kopviolator

It really is, isn't it. Shades of our midfield even with the supposed talent in there - can't seem to make it work. Their midfield is way too slow and passive to compete against a team that presses.
Age is catching up with them. There are some fantastic players in their twilight and the players coming in are nowhere near good enough. Can't be easy to be Hazard under the circumstances.

Valley Blue

Supports
Manchester City
Real will score again, we've already proven if teams get half a chance vs us we'll concede. I think this game rests on how many we score. Genuinely think we'll need 2 here.
Nope one goal does it for city.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ramos is great on the ball though so you’d maybe be giving City the ball back just outside your box a bit less :lol:
Yes absolutely. Plus his leadership and attacking/goal threat

Redfrog

Shambles is a bit Ott. They've played the offside trap well
Benzema was kind of wastefull. He just can go through them, turn, jump without any opposition. He could have had a hattrick already.