Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

Sanchez7

We wax lyrical about the talent Juve sign and their clever transfer strategy yet they win naff all outside of Serie A.

Ramsay
De Ligt
Higuain
Ronaldo
Danilo
Rabiot

Actually, quite poor.
Poor player. Some how he has managed to win domestic titles and played for Real, City and Juve.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The first Juve penalty was weak as well and Juve couldn’t score against Lyon for nearly 135 minutes. But the ref was crap for both sides
Yeah, but i'm saying, they lost on away goals, and the initial penalty was a killer

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Yeah, but i'm saying, they lost on away goals, and the initial penalty was a killer
Oh yeah true.

Lyon haven’t played an official match in 3 months and still advanced. Nuts

I fear my boys may join you guys tomorrow if we aren’t careful

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They have a worse squad then Lyon bar Ronaldo and Dybala which is the saddest thing I ever had to type.
No they don't. Players like Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro, Ramsey, Rabiot would easily get into the Lyon side. Not even taking into account Cristiano or Dybala. Juventus are bad but they're not midtable Ligue 1 level.

KC91

Yeah, his football already looked tragically boring at Chelsea and this hasn't changed at Juve. Since I have never really watched Napoli that closely I can't even say if it was any good there but I know everyone was just drooling over it before he joined Chelsea.
His football at Napoli was great. But it took a few seasons to implement, along with some players who really bought into the system.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
No they don’t, just stop right now. This is a MASSIVE upset
As I told you of the top teams Juve are easily the worst of the bunch.

La Liga is shite and even then I bet Juve get 4th place there under Sarri and this laughable Juve team.

On paper team Is better but man they do not play like it at all.

In reality though Lyon Midfield is miles ahead of Juve. Juve midfield is just dreadful.

The only reason this was even a close game was because you have Ronaldo in your side who is the most clutch performer in the sport but you can't keep relying on that.

2 seasons of the same shite.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
No they don't. Players like Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro, Ramsey, Rabiot would easily get into the Lyon side. Not even taking into account Cristiano or Dybala. Juventus are bad but they're not midtable Ligue 1 level.

On top of which Lyon haven’t played a competitive match in 3 months

padr81

Supports
Man City
:lol:

I can't believe how much space KDB got
I feel for Madrid a bit cause I like Giorno, but when a midfield hasn't got the pace to match Gundogan and Rodri they are never getting into the same timezone nevermind near KDB. They were in a lot of ways the perfect game for us, they're so slow in there. I reckon I could beat Casemiro, Kroos and Modric over 100m these days. Tidy players but very one dimensional and easily pressed tonight. Serious lack of pace outside the forwards in that team.

SportingCP96

Supports
Ya I know it was a "dramatic answer" after the shite I've just seen.

What I will say is Lyons football as a whole is better then anything I have seen Juve do all season and the Lyon midfield is comfortably better as well.

Juve should of taken care of business but when you have a coach like sari what can you expect.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
As I told you of the top teams Juve are easily the worst of the bunch.

La Liga is shite and even then I bet Juve get 4th place there under Sarri and this laughable Juve team.

On paper team Is better but man they do not play like it at all.

In reality though Lyon Midfield is miles ahead of Juve. Juve midfield is just dreadful.

The only reason this was even a close game was because you have Ronaldo in your side who is the most clutch performer in the sport but you can't keep relying on that.

2 seasons of the same shite.
I was talking about on paper. Barca are shite too right now despite the squad on paper. Juve need a new midfield

SportingCP96

Supports
The lengths you'll go to in order to defend Ronaldo :lol:

A worse squad than Lyon :houllier:
I dont have to defend him the man did his job for them 2 seasons in a row.

On paper yes Juve is better I am talking about how they actually play.

VP

City were seriously impressive I thought. Made that Madrid side look very ordinary.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Madrid and Ronaldo out. We should get a live feed to Simeone's house right now, they've just won the Champions League

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Two awful mistakes made the difference tonight though, City can't count on that happening again.
Yeah but they had the chances to score 2 goals anyways. They're really just a great side. In single game, among the best i've ever seen still

SportingCP96

Supports
You are on a wum surely?
This Lyon side finished 7th in Ligue 1
As I clarified I meant how they play and not on paper/ was a knee jerk reaction to them losing.

OBVIOUSLY Juve has a better squad.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So City has to face Bayern/Barca or Atletico/RBL if they win against Lyon?

sport2793

Well, yes and no. Yes, the both us and barcelona have dropped a level, but also, City are just an amazing side

Congrats to them. Well deserved
City are a good side but they were better last season.

Paul_Scholes18

2020 will go down as the worst year ever If City win the Champions League.......

End this fecking year now! :mad:
Reverse from last year. We just have to sadly accept that the two best teams in europe are Liverpool and City. It sucks to say. Luckily Pool messed up vs Atletico and we can hope that City does the same.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Congratulations to City, a well deserved tie. It was not the game I expected, neither tactically nor physically.
I would have liked to see Valverde from the start, or at least earlier substitutions.
I did not understand very well why he did not give minutes to Vinicius

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Reverse from last year. We just have to sadly accept that the two best teams in europe are Liverpool and City. It sucks to say. Luckily Pool messed up vs Atletico and we can hope that City does the same.

Bayern are better than Liverpool. Liverpool have been shocking since the break

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
And I thought 2012 was bad with Chelsea / City winning the big trophies.
I still have hope that either Bayern or Atletico can beat City.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I think Maxence Caqueret is the most French name I've ever heard

GenZRed

Lyon finished 7th in the French league and beat the Champions of Italy.

If Lyon have a better squad than Juventus (not saying they do), then what does that say about the Serie A?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Congratulations to Lyon who I thought had no chance due not playing for a long time and must've been rusty.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Nice to see Rudi Garcia doing well again. I've always thought of him as a very decent manager but perhaps he underachieved a bit at Roma.

Good to see some fresh faces in QFs with Lyon, Atalanta and RB Leipzig.