Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

kidbob

Lampard definitely gets favourable press.
You'd swear he was managing Bolton the way they go on about him. Gets all the talk of 'young' team too despite the fact that Ole was frequently using a younger one and seems to get much less favour.

fps

That's back to my original argument then. Koulibaly was trying to clear the ball, Messi came from behind. Not even a challenge, no stud showing, no high feet & nothing indicate as dangerous action.
If you really think this you don’t understand football or the laws of football.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Lewa on 13 goals with a potential QF, SF and Final still on the cards. Ronaldo has the record of 17, it's not out of the question that he could get close. He probably would have got it if the QF and SF were 2 legs still.

kidbob

Looking at this Bayern team we (United) have a lot of work to do
It's one of the reasons I'm really hoping we get Sancho. We won't get there overnight but these are the type of players we need to build to reach that level.

Djemba-Djemba

You'd swear he was managing Bolton the way they go on about him. Gets all the talk of 'young' team too despite the fact that Ole was frequently using a younger one and seems to get much less favour.
It felt like when a League 1 or 2 side gets beaten 2-0 by a top premier league club and they get described as "Brave" by the media.

I mean, I don't think many expected Chelsea to knock Bayern out before the first leg but to get beat 7-1 is a disaster surely? That's embarrassing.

AshRK

Lewa being robbed of ballondor is a joke. The guy absolutely deserves it.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Good to see the team is still sharp after a month without a serious football match. Still have that small voice in my head that whispers about how we're going to be found out on the big stage, but we'll wait and see.

sport2793

I think with 3 quality signings (RW, cover for CAM/LW, and a top drawer CB) we can close the gap on them. I think to be able to go toe to toe with them the youngsters will have to continue to improve though.

toypaj

Supports
Schalke 04
What's the role of Goretzka at Bayern these days? Looks more defensive minded and passive.
Usually box to box. He is playing the deeper role at the moment because Kimmich is being shifted back to rb due pavards injury.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Lewa on 13 goals with a potential QF, SF and Final still on the cards. Ronaldo has the record of 17, it's not out of the question that he could get close. He probably would have got it if the QF and SF were 2 legs still.
I hope someone breaks his legs before that happens. I hate that miserable c#####nt

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
For as long as Bayern doesn‘t win this competition, it‘s all fine.

dalriada

They're an absolute machine, to be honest they've been better than us most of the time for a long while. Partly to do with the different leagues, but as a club they don't get much wrong. Unless Barcelona produce some Messi magic, they should have this ECL in the bag.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Giroud must be sick of Bayern. Constantly destroyed by them with Arsenal and Chelsea.

It's one of the reasons I'm really hoping we get Sancho. We won't get there overnight but these are the type of players we need to build to reach that level.
We need more than just Sancho tbh - we need to make at least 3 signings this window.

I think with 3 quality signings (RW, cover for CAM/LW, and a top drawer CB) we can close the gap on them. I think to be able to go toe to toe with them the youngsters will have to continue to improve though.
We need a good DM, we aren't gonna be a serious team until we get one. I also think another FB is crucial preferably a LB.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Good to see the team is still sharp after a month without a serious football match. Still have that small voice in my head that whispers about how we're going to be found out on the big stage, but we'll wait and see.
You just know they are going to get plummeted by City and the crowd will be back with Bundesliga is so sh*t posts :lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

Their midfield is bad now too tbh
Don't think it's that bad. especially if they get that top-class defensive midfielder. With the addition of Ziyech and potentially Havertz, it could look something like:

Werner
Pulisic Havertz Ziyech
CDM Kante
LB CB Zouma James
GK​

kidbob

They're an absolute machine, to be honest they've been better than us most of the time for a long while. Partly to do with the different leagues, but as a club they don't get much wrong. Unless Barcelona produce some Messi magic, they should have this ECL in the bag.
I hate to say it but City can definitely give them trouble. I'd still fancy Bayern but when City show up they are very hard to deal with.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Game was over, put 5 kids on. Why not?
I have a feeling you are bit angry?
Why not? Don't know. Considering your manager loves playing youth, why not?
Considering you were never winning this game, why not?
Considering you, or some other Chelsea caf memeber here expected some Bate (Borisov?)and few more kids to play, why not?
Was just a simple question, was watching Barca, no need to be so touchy.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
You just know they are going to get plummeted by City and the crowd will be back with Bundesliga is so sh*t posts :lol:
Bayern-City is a match i'd really like to happen. Not because i'm super confident about it, but because i think it would be great to watch.