Champions league Semi Finals 2020-21 - April 27-28 and May 4-5

Foxbatt

If City wins the CL does the 5th place team in the PL get to play in the CL?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Chelsea constantly go from having bad manager's and/or bad campaigns to winning major trophies in short succession.

Mourinho 2nd stint, wins PL.
Mourinho has bad following season.
Conte comes in and wins PL.
Conte has bad 2nd season.
Lampard has terrible half-season; Tuchel comes in and gets CL Final.

Just feck off with your scabby turnarounds.
Benitez won a UEFA Cup with them as interim manager as well. Di Matteo won a Champions League manager as caretaker. Avram Grant almost did the same.

As you say, jammy cnuts.

Walters_19_MuFc

Nah he was way further up the pitch under Frank and had the worst 18 months in his career. He’s dropped back under Tuchel and must be making 20 tackles/interceptions per game again.
He and Kovacic were able to get forward in tandem but he was still a box to box midfielder. I quoted you because you said he was an attacking midfielder which is false information.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm going to go for Chelsea as favourites for the final. They can shut City out and the pace they got on the counter is unbelievable.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
But he was still a box to box midfielder, right?
Yeah was a high pressing 8, but it was always stupid to use him in that setup. Playing him in a 2 alongside a sitting midfielder with passing range has always been the best way to get the most out of him - France even had to push Matuidi out to LW to get the best out of Kante.

Just want to clarify that I agree with your broader point - that the difference in performance is less down to Kante's role specifically and more down to the team's setup around him.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Chelsea classic example of why give the managers time is such a bad excuse . If you can see that it's not working then there's always the next best thing available

Hoof the ball

Benitez won a UEFA Cup with them as interim manager as well. Di Matteo won a Champions League manager as caretaker. Avram Grant almost did the same.

As you say, jammy cnuts.
People talk about us building and progressing. Step by fecking step; and I understand that and it's very likely true, but when you watch Chelsea going from zero to hero constantly in a decade it's enough to make you throw your toys out the window!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You’ve looked awful tonight, I haven’t seen you much outside of that lately.

So leggy and slow. Like all the tops guys hit fathertime at the same time.
That's what happens when you have little depth and everybody is injured all the time. You get to the end of the season and your players are dead

Zidane had to take off Benzema and Kroos with 20 minutes to go in a tight Clasico a month ago. That says it all

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Nope.

The only way it can affect the top 4 is if Chelsea wins CL and Arsenal win the EL and they both finish outside of top 4.

Then 4th place with miss out on CL. I think!

RedDevilzFox

As you say, jammy cnuts.
If history is any indicator, Tuchel will win the CL and get sacked next year. F this club, they suck but keep on winning important trophies.

Dan_F

Grim but a prime example that changing managers doesn't always mean years of rebuilding again. Once it's the right change.
They were never as bad as Lampard was making them and it was always going to take time for them to gel those new players together, but I know what you’re saying.

Walters_19_MuFc

Yeah was a high pressing 8, but it was always stupid to use him in that setup. Playing him in a 2 alongside a sitting midfielder with passing range has always been the best way to get the most out of him - France even had to push Matuidi out to LW to get the best out of Kante.

Just want to clarify that I agree with your broader point - that the difference in performance is less down to Kante's role specifically and more down to the team's setup around him.
Fair enough!

Anyway, congratulations for tonight. Impressive performance.

JuliaScalaR

Supports
noone in particular
No.
But if Chelsea win it and don't get into top 4, there will be 5 English sides in next season's CL.

mu4c_20le

Chelsea classic example of why give the managers time is such a bad excuse . If you can see that it's not working then there's always the next best thing available
It took Klopp four years to win something, they would have gotten rid of him

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
The final is going to be one horrible watch
As long as it ends in the ultimate heartbreak for either of the sides whether that by somebody slipping on their arse taking a pen or some keeper throwing the ball in to their own for a change, I'll certainly be watching.

Bulldog United

I wonder how many Chelsea fans would take Lampard back now?

Chelsea look ridiculously good under Tuchel. They have every chance of denying the Oilers the trophy they crave most

rednet

2 teams who were abale to spent big in summer inspite of pandemic are in finals

Ainu

A Champions League final between two teams that were irrelevant/ didn’t exist less than two decades ago.
I think that's harsh on Chelsea to be honest. They were a decent sub top side in England and actually made the CL quarter finals back in 2000.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Congratulations to Chelsea fans, clearly the best throughout the tie.
I think that today with another line-up we could have squeezed our options a little more. I do not think that a line of three CBs has given us so much security. The return of Ramos has been counterproductive.
I was hoping to see them better physically but I guess it's a fatigue that can't be solved by stopping for three days.
I was so expecting a more epic match from Hazard too.
Chelsea very well, aggressive, reaching all the balls before, circulating fast and using spaces very well. Poor Kroos ended up cornered on the left.

NK86

Loving these salty tears in this thread :D

I love this gameeeeeee :lol:
Seeing how Madrid played, glad it's you against the bald cnut. City would have wiped the floor with this Madrid side. At least you guys have a chance.

youngrell

That's what happens when you have little depth and everybody is injured all the time. You get to the end of the season and your players are dead

Zidane had to take off Benzema and Kroos with 20 minutes to go in a tight Clasico a month ago. That says it all
Yeah. You look at the players Chelsea were able to bring on tonight in comparison, they are both fit and in contention for starting spots, whereas you had unfit players starting the match.

Been a tough old season.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Wow tense game. Mendy with couple of key saves, especially one before our first goal. Havertz and Kante excellent, in fact pretty much everyone played well. Just the finishing let us down, not from Wener though today.

Now for trial run of the final on Saturday. Hopefully will give City something to think about like in FA cup semi.

Foxbatt

No.
But if Chelsea win it and don't get into top 4, there will be 5 English sides in next season's CL.
Thank you. I remember some kind of a talk like that a few seasons back. But it didn't happen. I think this Chelsea will get into the top 4 for sure. You never know they might even win the darn thing.