Champions league Semi Finals 2020-21 - April 27-28 and May 4-5

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
So, games are tomorrow and next week. Predictions from me:

City 2 - 2 PSG - I see PSG getting out into a lead but then bottling it and conceding late.

Chelsea 1 - 1 Real - Real to win on pens, could also be 2-2 and they win on away goals.
Games are tomorrow and Wednesday actually.

I’m going for City to get through but not because of PSG ‘bottling’ or any such nonsense. City are just in an advantageous position and I expect them to see it through.

I’m going for Chelsea to park the bus all the way to the final as well.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Is Ramos fully fit?
According to some journalists...

Varane definitely out for Chelsea game, Ramos and Mendy train with normality, without problems. Valverde waiting for PCR results that he took today in the morning. If the result that will be known today in the evening/night is negative he will be allowed to travel to London tomorrow.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
According to some journalists...

Varane definitely out for Chelsea game, Ramos and Mendy train with normality, without problems. Valverde waiting for PCR results that he took today in the morning. If the result that will be known today in the evening/night is negative he will be allowed to travel to London tomorrow.
That is not too bad. At one point I thought you were going to be without Varane, Ramos and Valverde.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
You don’t see us scoring, against that defence? Really?
Well hopefully, I do believe we will get plenty of chances to kill the tie considering they have to chase the game. Just hope we put our chances away. That said we didn't really create that much in the first leg either. Either way I'm nervous and excited in equal measure

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That is not too bad. At one point I thought you were going to be without Varane, Ramos and Valverde.
Mendy and Ramos have like 3 days of training and valverde 0

For all intents and purposes we are without Valverde. Ramos and Mendy might play but only because we have no alternative

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
One thing that doesn't get mentioned much is that for some reason the pitch has been substandard this year possibly explaining why most of our worst results come at home.
Plenty of rain in Manchester last night so it could make the surface slick but more likely it will slow the ball down IMO.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Both ties are very tight, hoping it's 2 1 to PSG tonight followed by extra time and penalties. PSG could be better off benching Mbappe if not 100% fit and playing an extra midfielder. Bring him on if / when needed a goal for 30 minutes or so. Big call to make for Poch.

In Chelsea tie, Tuchel has biggest decisions in attack. Probably exactly same team as last week. Feel like Havertz could get more minutes though after his finishing on Saturday.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
Feel both ties could go either way. Delicately balanced, which will make for intriguing viewing.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
Really? Chelsea’s tie, sure, City are almost through in my opinion.
PSG were pretty dominant in that first half. Sure City have the advantage, but they’ve never made a CL final before, and it only takes a performance from Neymar or Mbappe and the dynamic could completely change. Don’t think a team like PSG overturning a 2-1 deficit is such a tall order.

I guess we will see.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
PSG were pretty dominant in that first half. Sure City have the advantage, but they’ve never made a CL final before, and it only takes a performance from Neymar or Mbappe and the dynamic could completely change. Don’t think a team like PSG overturning a 2-1 deficit is such a tall order.

I guess we will see.
Hope you’re right! :D

I just think going away to City and winning 2-0 can surely only be achieved by an amazing team and a legendary manager. Seems unlikely.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Really? Chelsea’s tie, sure, City are almost through in my opinion.
PSG should have been 2 or 3 goals up by half time but they messed up, then they conceded 2 very unlucky goals.

Considering the attacking players they have, it wouldn't be surprising if PSG goes through, all they need is 2-3 moments of absolute class from Neymar and Mbappe.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper

I guess we will see.
Yeah, but PSG, whilst they have a CL Final under their belt, came via a very fortunate win against Atalanta and was secured via one leg games. For me, City are well in the driving seat.

If PSG are to do it they will need to come out of the traps flying and blitz City with 2-3 goals in the first half. In my opinion, they cannot allow City to get their rhythm and/or control going and need to turn it into a basketball match. They're not completely dead and buried but they need at least two goals in the first half imo.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Mendy and Ramos have like 3 days of training and valverde 0

For all intents and purposes we are without Valverde. Ramos and Mendy might play but only because we have no alternative
Valverde traveling today, he tested negative in the PCR.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Valverde traveling today, he tested negative in the PCR.
So I'm guessing it's going to be Nacho Militao Ramos Mendy across the back? That seems to be the most realistic option, assuming Zidane reverts back to 443.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So I'm guessing it's going to be Nacho Militao Ramos Mendy across the back? That seems to be the most realistic option, assuming Zidane reverts back to 443.
Isn't it illegal?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, that seems very likely.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
He's generally been mediocre when used as an emergency RB this year - more suited to a RWB role which is possible if Zidane goes with 3ATB as he did in the first leg.
Thought they'd play him just for the legs in midfield. That was one of their biggest issues.
Any news on kova ?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
No valverde ?
I don't think he will start. He hasn't trained with his teammates for 2 weeks now and I don't think Zidane will chose to play him from the start in the most demanding game of the season.

If he can be used later on in the game he will be a very good asset anyway.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Thought they'd play him just for the legs in midfield. That was one of their biggest issues.
Any news on kova ?
Doubt Kova will start. Can't see Tuchel risking him, especially when Jorginho and Kante were able to rest for much of the weekend.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s either giving PSG a pep talk, tapping up Mbappe or giving Di Maria a clout round the ear.

I’d be fine with any of them tbf.

Deery

Dreary
Agent Ferguson deep behind enemy lines, that’s PSG in the final then..

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
You don’t see us scoring, against that defence? Really?
It was only through a quite phenomenal amount of luck that we scored in the first leg- and that happened twice. Creating chances has been a huge problem for us this season in many games. I wouldn't be surprised to see us draw a blank.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Bluemoon reaction on SAF visiting Lowry:
Wow, we really did get under his skin haha!
the daft old **** thinks he's the manager hahahaha
Looks like the **** is walking like Mbappe
What’s that old geezer doing sticking his bacon chops into our business.
The daft old **** has arrived a bit late for Sunday’s demo. Wrong day, wrong team, wrong hotel, started on the sauce a bit early today
You senile old twat . Your opponents in the Duck and Dog cup wont stay at the Lowry, they will be at The Star in Ardwick.
What a sad pathetic old man.

JELLY AND ICE CREAM!
The "noisy neighbours" are obviously doing something right then.
Never in my lifetime" hey Fergie?
Buy them all a scotch whilst you're there.
It gets even funnier every day!! You just couldn't make it up could you??
The scary thing is if he’s going to these lengths. What the feck will gill be up to at eufa? Pathetic bunch of cnuts!
So if we get knocked out tonight all tomorrow’s headlines will be of a fergie master class what a sad pissed up twat!
If this is what it looks like it's feckin disgraceful.
Not only is he visiting a foreign team that's up against another english team,but PSG are a club that he has no emotional or historical connection to even attempt to justify a visit,what a tool he really is.
We really have turned it full circle, we were once an irrelevance to them now we are all consuming to them,revel in it blueboys, its feckin beautiful!
Exactly! If it was Madrid or Bayern you could kind of get it. Him going in saying don’t let these upstarts win tonight history blah blah blah but to do it with PSG just shows how feckin pathetic and desperate he is
Probably wasn't the best team talk to be fair:
'So lads...I've played Pep in 2 Champions League finals...'
nothing in this,,he's probably just poped in for a quick slurp of whiskey to get his nose glowing
What’s that red nosed alcoholic **** up to?
After SAF picture with PSG Sheik
Probably trying to find a buyer for the rags before their stadium falls down
If these reports about Whiskey face are true, then it really shows just how fecking far they have fallen. What an embarrassment. i still cant see it being legit tbh.
About the game
Pretty sure a large part of OSG's gamelan will be to dive, feign injury, cheat and surround the ref asking for a red card.
We need to be clever and calm and also hope the ref doesn't fall for any of it.
Olly Sunnar Golskjaer?
:lol: