Champions league Semi Finals 2020-21 - April 27-28 and May 4-5

chiz2kul

Well done to Etihad Airways, and your 1 billion pound vanity project.

You can only play the team they put in front of you. In this case, a petulant bunch of mercenary shite bags, bank rolled by your rivals, Qatar Airways, and their 1 billion pound vanity project.

There's a possibly that you'll meet Chelsea in the final. A club bank rolled by an oil oligarchs vanity project.

There will be no fans in the stadium. But that doesn't matter, because nobody really cares about either of the teams taking part.

What wonderful times we live in.
This is frankly hyperbolic and embarrassing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The commentators were saying that Bayern are no match for this City side. I could only laugh. How bad can your English bias be to put forth such an astonishingly bad assessment.

A full strength Bayern would have picked apart this City.
This particular commentator has an insanely strong City bias. When he commentated the one United match this season (against AC Milan at Old Trafford), he was extremely pro-Milan and anti-United. I wouldn't be surprised if he's given favours to cover City more favourably in UEFA broadcasts.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The commentators were saying that Bayern are no match for this City side. I could only laugh. How bad can your English bias be to put forth such an astonishingly bad assessment.

I turned the commentary off because they were so far up City's arse.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Classic Ander
More classic Ander

I wonder if this'll get talked about over the next couple of days. Personally speaking, the respect should go both ways, and I also empathise with both sides over the crap that they have to deal with.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal

City would easily handle Bayern. There's a reason why Bayern aren't in the Semis. Stop making ridiculous excuses, it's just pathetic honestly.

hubbuh

One cheat club beats another cheat club. Media will be making a mess of themselves for weeks.

At least covid will save City from the visual of bringing 37 fans to a European Cup final.
Football lost tonight. feck it all to hell.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
City would easily handle Bayern. There's a reason why Bayern aren't in the Semis. Stop making ridiculous excuses, it's just pathetic honestly.
Bayern would have won this tournament with relative ease with Lewandowski fit.

Arguably even with Gnabry

Anyway sometimes you get injuries, thats football.

croadyman

And now Hart and Lescott going on about City’s history, how much hard work has gone into building the club :boring:. Pumping in more money than any other club in Europe, added to a Covid crisis which has increased the gap between them and the rest. Any club that Abu Dhabi decided to take over would be in exactly the same position. Trying to align that with City’s history prior to 2008 is frankly laughable.
Those two probably don't know about anyone pre 2008, ask them about Vonk, Curle or Kinkladze although to be honest you would be able to do that with the majority of their fanbase apart from maybe @padr81 who seems knowledgeable

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Bayern aren't in the semis because a lucky PSG fluked their way past a Bayern that was hit by injury crisis at the worst possible time.

City Bayern would be a beautiful match, saying City would easily handle Bayern just makes you sound dumb.

Wheato

They say Championship winning sides are built on a strong back line.

Amazing what £200 million worth of CBs can do for you. Stones, Laporte, Dias and Ake. Not to mention Ederson, Walker, Cancelo, Mendy and Zinchenko who must’ve cost upwards of £200 million combined. Close to half a billion on defence alone.
Luke Shaw carved them open like a Christmas turkey.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I fecking hate the commentary in the Champions League when an English team is involved. It's the absolute worst

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City

You can only play the team they put in front of you. In this case, a petulant bunch of mercenary shite bags, bank rolled by your rivals, Qatar Airways, and their 1 billion pound vanity project.

There's a possibly that you'll meet Chelsea in the final. A club bank rolled by an oil oligarchs vanity project.

There will be no fans in the stadium. But that doesn't matter, because nobody really cares about either of the teams taking part.

Careful with all that salt. Ain't good for your blood pressure.

Crustanoid

Yep feck football. It truly died tonight

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Am I going to be banned from this forum if I support city over either rm or chelsea in the final?
Probably not but you should be. Or at least change your supports to ‘City’. How can a Utd fan cheer them on?

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Must applaud their supporters for celebrating getting to the final of a competition you have hated, and slaughtered last couple years.

Mr.Kaya

Despite the truck loads of money I can understand in some ways that in order to achieve the biggest individual title, the Ballon d'or, he couldn't keep playing next to Messi because he would've always been in his shadow.
Yea I guess. But its still bigger to win trophies with your teammates rather than individual titles, no? Football is a team game afterall. But yea youre probably right about him wanting to step out of the shadows of Messi. Still a pity though, you'd think playing alongside one of the GOATs of the game would be better than seeking individual trophies in an oil team like PSG are.

Infestissumam

seeing City on to the finals is crap, but I really can't think of a more dislikeable group of players than PSG. What a bunch of cnuts.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea

Stop crying bro its not that serious

croadyman

This particular commentator has an insanely strong City bias. When he commentated the one United match this season (against AC Milan at Old Trafford), he was extremely pro-Milan and anti-United. I wouldn't be surprised if he's given favours to cover City more favourably in UEFA broadcasts.
How Jenas is still employed despite being subtetly criticised by Carragher last night and that Chelsea fan guy too

NK86

Do you read or are just as blind as Arteta who thinks his side is playing well but unlucky to not win games?
I said a full strength Bayern team. PSG didn't beat a full strength Bayern team and that's why they progressed over them to the semis.

dalriada

I dont want Chelsea getting a second ucl title and being one behind us. I can't stand seeing madrid winning it all the time and adding to their dozen or more titles.

If City win it then fair enough. Its good for Manchester. Its their first one. Pep might call it a day after it.
Pep will be unbearably smug and we'll never hear the last of it, the pundits will go into overdrive ("magnificent, wonderful, exquisite, Pep masterclass, his jumpers are superb ...... blah), but I'll back them over Chelsea and (definitely over Real) because they're at least Manchester. Not exactly full of Mancunians, mind you, unless you count Foden.

Pagh Wraith

as a German fan you rarely see this poor loser bad sportsmanship but when I watch international football it is abundant particularly from southern European and Latin-American players.
Although the Dutch have a a habbit of spitting too.
Shots fired! What is the Dutch response?

(No spitting please. I know what some of you are like)

SeanyC

I will piss myself laughing if Chelsea win the CL...just simply can’t see it, Peps record is incredible. But all good things come to an end, don’t think city will run away with things next season

diarm

Yes, try and catch up.

The reason is that Lewandowski wasn't there to score one of the 40 odd chances they created against PSG over two legs.

Dan_F

They also never won the Champions League in that time frame.
And? They spent half of what what PSG have, and lost two finals to Messi and Ronaldo. Neither of the finals do I remember them acting like that in defeat. The original statement wasn’t about why they lose, it was about why they turn petulant.

They also bottled it several times.
Which time did they react like PSG did tonight (who really could have had three reds).

I don’t even like the term “bottle”. I’m talking about the reaction of their players to losing. Bottle is losing a game they should have won, nothing to do with what Jenas was saying.