Champions League Semi Finals (24th April - 2nd May)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hoping Nainggolan can pull something out of the bag in the 2nd half.
Who was the poster who laughingly said that Liverpool wouldn't be able to deal with Roma's midfield!

The Bloody-Nine

It was not a stupid mindset. City are the better team.
It was an incredibly stupid mindset. League dominance doesn't mean anything in knockout competitions. We know this because the better team were f*cking stuffed 5-1.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Although Klopp loses most of his finals, when you're name's on the cup, it's on there!
The fecking theatrical cnut is bound to get lucky at some point, that’s the scary part for me.

His German mate Brych will probably be refereeing again. Fecking hell what a disaster this is turning out to be.

Obi-Red-Kenobi

Supports
Liverpool
They win a CL. We have had two joke managers and a euphoric Europa Leage, Carling Cup and an FA CUP or 2 to fire back at them. We win. Lulz.
To be honest, I would take the Champions League over those trophies any day of the week. It’s in the blood. I suspect most UTd fans would too.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I've consistently said Liverpool would win this CL, now the majority are coming round to it. We lost our right of reply when we couldn't beat Sevilla over two legs.. funnily enough with joses tactics we would have had the best chance at stopping the scousers.

6 times soon to be realised.

I hate them so much I can't bring myself to watch any of their CL games, I don't know why you lot do it to yourselves..
Ronaldo will stop them

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Big half coming up. Roma scoring would test the nerves.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Can we retrospectively ban anyone who wanted Liverpool to beat City with the thinking that Pool were the worse team and less likely to progress further? Such a stupid mindset.
OK McCarthy.

cyberman

That is not something you switch on or off. Jose plays Liverpool like that because that is how we play in general. We don't press. We play a deep line.

Teams can't just nullify their entire attack in order to park the bus and still get beat.
Its not parking the bus though?
Top sides should be able to adapt. Judging by their top 6 mini league performances many have.
Watch our game at OT or both Spurs games, thats how you counter Liverpool without parking the bus. Its controlled positioning when you're not in possession.
As an aside, results like these is why I hate the modern mockery of great defending. Not many do it in the persuit of acceptance.
Well done Pep.

Sanchezter

Anyone who is asking for those who wanted Liverpool to beat City to be banned are pathetic.

I really hate the scousers and their gurning leader. But the comments here are incredibly immature. A few posters wanting a Liverpool win didn't acutally affect the QF result, City simply weren't good eniugg. Nothing to do with the Caf.

The way Roma are playing, they wouldn't have caused any problems to City either and then we'd have been whining the opposite way.

I'm a long time reader of the Caf and have seen some 'interesting' posts but some of these make uncomfortable reading, it's almost as bad as RAWK!

TrueRed79

Klopps record in finals is terrible. Liverpool are tougher to beat over two legs and not in a one-off game. Fancy Bayern or Real to do them in Kiev.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Roma's entire game plan was seemingly binned off after looking totally comfortable. They look spooked.
Soon as they started losing possession easily near the half way line they were fecked with that high line. Liverpool will pounce on that.

Bobski

It is Roma, we should have known better, they are the Spurs of Italy.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why are people saying "thanks to all those who wanted Liverpool to beat city"

Our mindsets dont affect any of this, its our own fault for getting dad-dicked by Sevilla and letting Liverpool get this close!
It’s more a knock on those who think Liverpool were the lesser of 2 evils.

So much as well for the “Roma will hammer them” brigade

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Roma shat themselves after that first big mane chance, from there it's been suicide. Lacking everything

And Flo needs to throw monopoly money at liverpool and salah if we can't get neymar.

On second thought, even if we do get neymar

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
How did this Roma beat Barca? It should have been Barca hammering Pool right now.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You’d trust Bayern or Madrid to beat Liverpool the same way Milan were trusted to beat them in 05. The fact is when Liverpool get past the group stages in the CL they become possessed and obsessed with it.

The only saving grace is that Real Madrid are the same.
Liverpool should have lost it was only Milan's arrogance that let them back in.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'd say these BT commentators have gone the whole hog in the studio at half time, stripped naked, smothered themselves in baby oil, brought in the fleshlights.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I've consistently said Liverpool would win this CL, now the majority are coming round to it. We lost our right of reply when we couldn't beat Sevilla over two legs.. funnily enough with joses tactics we would have had the best chance at stopping the scousers.

6 times soon to be realised.

I hate them so much I can't bring myself to watch any of their CL games, I don't know why you lot do it to yourselves..
Or you could be a Barca fan and see Real lift the CL trophy 4 times in the last 5 years. Imagine if Liverpool did that.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Its not parking the bus though?
Top sides should be able to adapt. Judging by their top 6 mini league performances many have.
Watch our game at OT or both Spurs games, thats how you counter Liverpool without parking the bus. Its controlled positioning when you're not in posession.
As an aside, results like these is why I hate the modern mockery of great defending. Not many do it in the persuit of acceptance.
Well done Pep.
Playing a deep line and not pressing in Liverpool's half? That's really close to parking the bus.

We were able to counter Liverpool without parking the bus because our team is setup to do so. We play the same way against other sides too. We don't go 180 and become prime Barcelona against Crystal Palace.