Championship 2020/21

DavidDeSchmikes

Another season, another battle to reach the promised land that is the Premier League. This season started on the 11th September, and looks like it will be another close season both at the top for promotion as well as the relegation places. 5 teams are starting with new managers.
Aitor Karanka at Birmingham City
Carlos Corberán at Huddersfield
Vladimir Ivić at Watford
Jason Tindall at Bournemouth
Veljko Paunović at Reading

Should be an interesting season

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Was going to start this thread to talk about the Huddersfield game which I was watching... Then realised I'm probably the only fecker watching it.

Anyway, great goal from Frasier Campbell (below) , but if Huddersfield don't replace WBA bound Karlan Grant, they'll have another tough season ahead.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lamouchi going to be sacked soon, hangover from last season when Forest spectacularly bottled top 6.

Seen Eddie Howe mentioned on twitter, would be interesting although I suspect he'll wait a few months and see if West Ham job becomes available.

Needham

Lamouchi going to be sacked soon, hangover from last season when Forest spectacularly bottled top 6.

Seen Eddie Howe mentioned on twitter, would be interesting although I suspect he'll wait a few months and see if West Ham job becomes available.
Howe would be a fantastic appointment for Forest. Could see them gelling so long as the owner keeps his sanity.

DavidDeSchmikes

Struber had said this a few days ago

"For me, it's not the goal to always play in the relegation zone," Struber told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"I have other ambitions and aims and I cannot feel that the owners have the same ambitions and goals like me. My future is open and we will see.

"Every year, every season, this is a big, big fight with a big, big energy until the last game to stay in the league - and, one more time, it is a big question to the owners, is this the goal? For me, no."

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lyle Taylor, Grabban, Sammy Ameobi, Joe Lolley isn't a bad set of attackers to inherit.

He took over Brighton in similar circumstances when they were in relegation zone.

Stop them conceding and they should always have a goal in them so think Forest will rise up the table soon enough.

Hoof the ball

Lyle Taylor, Grabban, Sammy Ameobi, Joe Lolley isn't a bad set of attackers to inherit.

He took over Brighton in similar circumstances when they were in relegation zone.

Stop them conceding and they should always have a goal in them so think Forest will rise up the table soon enough.
Joe Lolley is a talented player. A times in the last few years he looked better than the level he was playing at. I wholly believe that Lolley would be a great squad player in the PL.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Added Knockaert and potentially Kamil Grosicki to the mix. Someone tell Forest they can only still play 11 players. :lol:

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Derby lost again last night. Did anyone catch Rooney's interview before the game. He was asked to comment on the rumours Cocu would be sacked and he would be the new manager, and to me it sounded like he desired that outcome...

Needham

Added Knockaert and potentially Kamil Grosicki to the mix. Someone tell Forest they can only still play 11 players. :lol:
They have a squad of about 40 players. Think even Zack Clough is still on the books, probably for sentimental reasons.

Needham

Derby lost again last night. Did anyone catch Rooney's interview before the game. He was asked to comment on the rumours Cocu would be sacked and he would be the new manager, and to me it sounded like he desired that outcome...
So if he gets them into the play offs we might see him at Utd after Ole gets binned a la Lampard to Chelsea.

dbs235

Ivan Toney will probably be the next £20M+ striker to move from the Championship to a bottom half PL team.

Leg-End

Ivan Toney will probably be the next £20M+ striker to move from the Championship to a bottom half PL team.
Amazed a lower PL side didn't take the chance on him this summer, Peterborough have some good sell on % in any future deal too no doubt.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wycombe are finding the step up a bit too much :(

Footy van de Geek

Anyone seen much of Stoke this season?

Tyrese Campbell, aged 20, has scored 7 goals & provided 6 assists already this season. He can play ST, LW and RW.

Ex City player. He left them in 2016 for Stoke and has been prolific for their U18s and U23s. 2 goals from 2 games for England U20.

One of the more interesting Championship players to keep an eye on. Some really good talents coming out of that division in recent years.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hopefully I'll be let in for Wycombe v Stoke next wed so will let you know after that!

RashyForPM

I follow Watford’s results these days just to know what to expect from Ben Foster’s YouTube videos :lol:

Classical Mechanic

Tyrese Campbell, aged 20, has scored 7 goals & provided 6 assists already this season. He can play ST, LW and RW.

Ex City player. He left them in 2016 for Stoke and has been prolific for their U18s and U23s. 2 goals from 2 games for England U20.

One of the more interesting Championship players to keep an eye on. Some really good talents coming out of that division in recent years.
He’s a pretty skilful player too.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

He was still very raw about 18 months back but think he's kicked on in last year, scored nice range of goals this season. Another one I like is Jamal Lowe at Swansea but he's probably a bit too old now to be rated as a prospect. Was playing non league only about 3 years ago.

In other news Wayne Rooney's Derby.......losing again.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He was still very raw about 18 months back but think he's kicked on in last year, scored nice range of goals this season. Another one I like is Jamal Lowe at Swansea but he's probably a bit too old now to be rated as a prospect. Was playing non league only about 3 years ago.

In other news Wayne Rooney's Derby.......losing again.
Does this mean Wayne won't be getting the job?

DavidDeSchmikes

The news is a few days old, but Watford have a new manager

14 managers in 8 years

Chipper

Adulterer.
7 points in 10 games is hardly impressive, but when your predecessor got 6 from 11 it doesn't look so bad in context. Maybe they just have shit players?

Don't really keep up with them but did see they lost Forestieri in the off seaosn on a free, he was decent for them down the years. Nuhiu went for nothing too, hardly prolific but was around for a long time and could score from the bench here and there.

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Just been reading a Sheffield Wednesday forum, they pretty much all want the chairman out. Apparently Pulis was complaining about a lack of communication with him recently and they think those complaints, or perhaps asking for investment if he did indeed get to talk to him might have contributed. Chairman himself said there were other contributing factors besides just results. Some are glad Pulis is gone but even those want the chairman out as well.

Players and staff are not being paid, fans are not getting refunds that are due to them. Corona obviously contributing but they're not happy and in general they think he's a bit of a twat.