Championship 2020/21

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Reading are a boring club but this Reading team are fun to watch.
It’s quite funny how so many United fans hate Reading for being a ‘boring’ club. What even is a ‘boring’ club?

Big ol Man United caring about little ol Reading.

visiting villain

Supports
Aston Villa
Very interesting season in the league. Would be nice to see a few teams (ala Brentford, Reading, Cooper's Swansea) getting promoted instead of Norwich/Watford etc.

Bournemouth looked terrible yesterday, while Reading looked lethal

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Very interesting season in the league. Would be nice to see a few teams (ala Brentford, Reading, Cooper's Swansea) getting promoted instead of Norwich/Watford etc.

Bournemouth looked terrible yesterday, while Reading looked lethal
God no the man is an insufferable prat - one of those who can never praise the opposition or find fault in his work. The absolute shower that he put out against us last Wednesday was shocking - cheating, diving, niggly, removing the multi ball system to stop quick restarts, claiming credit for their equaliser by saying they had noted the goalkeeper's starting position on set pieces as an area to exploit when in reality a foul on the Raya was the only reason it went in. I liked the old Swansea when they were on their way up a few years ago but would happily see Cooper's Swansea fail spectacularly!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ivan Toney with now 23 goals and 9 assists in 28 matches this season :eek:

He has also scored 49 goals in 94 matches for Peterborough therefore Newcastle will regret his sale with every match.
So Brentford replaced Watkins with Ivan Toney.

I was about to ask whether he is the next Watkins, looks like he is.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

He has also scored 49 goals in 94 matches for Peterborough therefore Newcastle will regret his sale with every match.
Brentfords stats led recruitment is superb more often than not.
Look at the players they have sold, yet they still find themselves challenging for automatic promotion due to excellent recruitment.
I know Liverpool follow a similar 'moneyball' transfer operation along with Villa, seems to be working for Villa for sure too.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

I'd honestly take him at Arsenal. He seems to have a very decent all round game, tall, strong, fast, can hold the ball up, can assist, & can certainly finish.

We don't seem to have a well rounded striker, & strikers such as Bamford & Watkins have shown that players with a wide skill set can make the step up.

Leg-End

He was absolutely mint for Peterborough and it was obvious he would translate that to a higher level, like I said earlier in this thread I'm amazed a lower PL side didn't take a chance on him.

Peterborough have a great record of giving strikers the platform to kick on with their careers, Toney's replacement Clarke-Harris will probably get a bigger move if he carries on like he is. Marriott to Derby, Gayle to Palace, the posh know how to develop an attacking talent.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
He was absolutely mint for Peterborough and it was obvious he would translate that to a higher level, like I said earlier in this thread I'm amazed a lower PL side didn't take a chance on him.

Peterborough have a great record of giving strikers the platform to kick on with their careers, Toney's replacement Clarke-Harris will probably get a bigger move if he carries on like he is. Marriott to Derby, Gayle to Palace, the posh know how to develop an attacking talent.
Assombalonga too. They are the Atletico Madrid of League One for striker talent!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Stop talking about good strikers... Luton can barely buy a goal. Our top striker has 7 in the league, which includes at hat trick...

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
You should have Marriott back on loan :lol:
:lol:

I don't get our manager. We got Nombe on loan an ddespite Collins looking totally out of sorts, Nombe can't get a kick in. Instead, we bring on the racist Danny Hylton, who hasn't scored in like 2 years.

Hopefully our new boy Adebayo will come good. Young, big, strong... has all the attributes.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wycombe starting the best comeback ever seen in the championship?
I hope so :)

Looks like our chairman doing a rousing email midweek saying we're not here just for sight seeing had an immediate effect.

We were dribbling to relegation, post a cup defeat to Tottenham, and a covid outbreak, but maybe we can still surprise a few teams yet.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Wycombe starting the best comeback ever seen in the championship?
I hope so :)

Looks like our chairman doing a rousing email midweek saying we're not here just for sight seeing had an immediate effect.

We were dribbling to relegation, post a cup defeat to Tottenham, and a covid outbreak, but maybe we can still surprise a few teams yet.
Mate look at Luton last year. Put a run of wins together and hopefully you'll get out. The problem is that some of the other relegation candidates (apart from Birmingham) are starting to put together wins currently.

I'm rooting for your boys.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mate look at Luton last year. Put a run of wins together and hopefully you'll get out. The problem is that some of the other relegation candidates (apart from Birmingham) are starting to put together wins currently.

I'm rooting for your boys.
It's pretty competitive at the bottom - apart from us :lol:
We're still 10 points off. I think Luton were actually outside the bottom 3 at the same point.

We started the season missing a sitter 2mins into the first game, and then losing it in the 90th min. This was the 23rd seeded team Rotherham at home too, so felt like a huge blow. Then lost the first 7 in a row, two main signings missing the first half of the season etc. It has conspired!

Recently we've been losing or having stale 0-0s at home against the crapper teams too.
But as long as we give it a proper go now.

DavidDeSchmikes

Barnsley win for the first time in the league in 2021 and end Brentford's 21-match unbeaten league run.

Barnsley could be dark horses for promotion next season

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Some good argy bargy in the Championship today

Wilshere obviously in the thick of it

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Some good argy bargy in the Championship today

Wilshere obviously in the thick of it
This started earlier in the game where Jefferson Lerma went down like he had been shot and rolled around for ages in a clash with Nathaniel Chalobah. He was trying to get him sent off. It ended up a yellow. Then Bournemouth scored and it just got rather nasty at the end. Think Watford let it get to them.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Haha yeah, you have been shite lately tho! And I am annoyed because I want you to go up ;) seems everyone wants Norwich to pull clear even though they aren’t exactly brilliant themselves.
It's a funny one isn't it - 3 defeats in 25 odd games is quality form in the Championship but you break it down to 3 defeats in the last 5 it's not so good. For Norwich Buendia seems to be the key as long as he stays fit they will win more than they lose. We just need to keep the pressure on as best we can - Norgaard coming back is massive for us as is the others coming back from injury. On the flip side Henry is a huge miss - no doubt about it. It is, as always, going to be a fun run in in the Championship - for the neutral at least.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
It's a funny one isn't it - 3 defeats in 25 odd games is quality form in the Championship but you break it down to 3 defeats in the last 5 it's not so good. For Norwich Buendia seems to be the key as long as he stays fit they will win more than they lose. We just need to keep the pressure on as best we can - Norgaard coming back is massive for us as is the others coming back from injury. On the flip side Henry is a huge miss - no doubt about it. It is, as always, going to be a fun run in in the Championship - for the neutral at least.
I’ll be amazed if Buendia is still there next season. Big game on Wednesday now, if Norwich win that they should go on to win the league unfortunately. Pretty amazing how quickly that league table can change though. Hopefully you get the win.

SwedishFish

Hopefully Brentford will last all the way this season. Would love to see them in the Premier League.

It'd be so boring if Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth, and/or Swansea got promoted again.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Hopefully Brentford will last all the way this season. Would love to see them in the Premier League.

It'd be so boring if Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth, and/or Swansea got promoted again.
Need Brentford to feck off to the PL so I can finally get over my PTSD of losing 7-1 to them.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Hope Brentford get it done tonight.
It's a big big game alright. I can see Brentford winning, then fecking it up by losing to some mid table team next week. Not sure what's wrong with them. Every season they manage to get a 20+ goals striker and look like they'll tear up the Championship and make the PL. Then somewhere along the way, usually in the playoffs, they fall apart.

Last season was probably he worst, where they just needed one more win out of 3 (I think) for automatic promotion, and lost all of them. Then we ended up with West Brom in the PL... the most pointless yoyo team (sorry to anyone I offend with that).