Championship 2020/21

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
It's a big big game alright. I can see Brentford winning, then fecking it up by losing to some mid table team next week. Not sure what's wrong with them. Every season they manage to get a 20+ goals striker and look like they'll tear up the Championship and make the PL. Then somewhere along the way, usually in the playoffs, they fall apart.

Last season was probably he worst, where they just needed one more win out of 3 (I think) for automatic promotion, and lost all of them. Then we ended up with West Brom in the PL... the most pointless yoyo team (sorry to anyone I offend with that).
They've reminded me of United this season a bit. Pretty damn good on their day but very sloppy at times as well, often at crucial moments, especially when they have a chance to cement their position.

marktan

Buendia is class. He stood out when Norwich were in the PL, the Championship is too easy for him. Would happily have him here, he's leagues ahead of Van de Been in talent.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Buendia is class. He stood out when Norwich were in the PL, the Championship is too easy for him. Would happily have him here, he's leagues ahead of Van de Been in talent.
Seriously underrated talent. I wanted him in the Summer and still do.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He is fantastic isn't he? As long as him, Pukki and Cantwell remain at Norwich, they'll keep winning the championship and returning to PL.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, he is very good player. I think he was among top or top 3 in chances created last season. PL club should have picked him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Another beautiful pass from Buendia. Should've had an assist from the freekick as well.

He is fantastic isn't he? As long as him, Pukki and Cantwell remain at Norwich, they'll keep winning the championship and returning to PL.
I'd add Aarons to that list as well.
Yeah, he is very good player. I think he was among top or top 3 in chances created last season. PL club should have picked him.
A remarkable feat considering Norwich finished bottom.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Of course. He's too good for championship too.
I read that we (Everton) are seriously interested in him and I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed him this summer. It was intriguing to read too that Ancelotti didn’t know much about Godfrey pre-signing and it was one made by our scouts/Brands more than him. Paid off though, he’s quality.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I read that we (Everton) are seriously interested in him and I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed him this summer. It was intriguing to read too that Ancelotti didn’t know much about Godfrey pre-signing and it was one made by our scouts/Brands more than him. Paid off though, he’s quality.
Could be shrewd signing.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
After Canos missed and Buendia scored we didn't lay a glove on them - very disappointing performance.

Harold_Giles

I don't think Buendia would look out of his depth at any of the PL top sides.
If we decide not to spend big this summer on Sancho/Grealish, we should aim for someone like him.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
You think you can pick it up and get an automatic place?
I guess on paper that was our toughest game left but this is the Championship :nervous:

We have players coming back but losing Rico Henry is massive and Josh Dasilva out till after the international break doesn't help.

I will keep the faith :)

Anyway nice to see the Blades win today my Dad was born in Sheffield and a Blade until he moved down south and we started to go to the Bees when I was about 7 (though he still followed them as well), my uncle still has a season ticket and been to a fair few matches myself.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
I guess on paper that was our toughest game left but this is the Championship :nervous:

We have players coming back but losing Rico Henry is massive and Josh Dasilva out till after the international break doesn't help.

I will keep the faith :)

Anyway nice to see the Blades win today my Dad was born in Sheffield and a Blade until he moved down south and we started to go to the Bees when I was about 7 (though he still followed them as well), my uncle still has a season ticket and been to a fair few matches myself.
Fingers crossed you make it, would be nice to see Brentford in the top flight.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Brentford feck it up again :(
Tell me about it - opened the door and waved that lot from Hertfordshire through :rolleyes:

Need to put together a winning run and soon otherwise it's play off agony again :lol:

redrobed

Been watching Championship football past couple of weeks and quality is definitely below that of the Premiership. We would beat most teams in there even with Ole in charge.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Been watching Championship football past couple of weeks and quality is definitely below that of the Premiership. We would beat most teams in there even with Ole in charge.
Well to be fair they are playing rugby there and it's football in the Championship.

You de realise that its a football pyramid in England right? I mean if you were expecting the same quality as players that are getting paid a tenth of what players are on in the Premier League then I'd say you were a tad over optimistic.

Yes the quality is a step down but the entertainment value is far greater then the Premier League in terms of teams being able to compete with each other on a slightly more level playing field.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I know mate - exactly how I felt after your lot battered Swansea nil one on Saturday, can't believe you got nothing from that game :rolleyes:
Yeah mate that game was lost on a momentary lapse in concentration from our defence. Can't be too mad considering we are missing both of our main CBs. Oh and the ref was a cnut :lol: It's a shame finishing is such an issue for us, because if we could finish our dinner, we'd be challenging for playoffs.

Well to be fair they are playing rugby there and it's football in the Championship.

You de realise that its a football pyramid in England right? I mean if you were expecting the same quality as players that are getting paid a tenth of what players are on in the Premier League then I'd say you were a tad over optimistic.

Yes the quality is a step down but the entertainment value is far greater then the Premier League in terms of teams being able to compete with each other on a slightly more level playing field.
Championship is far more fun. The teams are a lot more even so you can easily see a team at the bottom of the table take points from the teams nearer the top. plus there's less diving and cheating going on :smirk:

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Yeah mate that game was lost on a momentary lapse in concentration from our defence. Can't be too mad considering we are missing both of our main CBs. Oh and the ref was a cnut :lol: It's a shame finishing is such an issue for us, because if we could finish our dinner, we'd be challenging for playoffs.

Championship is far more fun. The teams are a lot more even so you can easily see a team at the bottom of the table take points from the teams nearer the top. plus there's less diving and cheating going on :smirk:
The Swansea bench was calling him Bondy FFS what else could you expect - Coopers Dad certainly helps. Hopefully they have been found out now after Muff thumping them tonight :)

Yeah I mean I am not going to lie and say I don't want to go up and see Brentford in the Prem but I will miss the Championship if it happens and especially football on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The Swansea bench was calling him Bondy FFS what else could you expect - Coopers Dad certainly helps. Hopefully they have been found out now after Muff thumping them tonight :)

Yeah I mean I am not going to lie and say I don't want to go up and see Brentford in the Prem but I will miss the Championship if it happens and especially football on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm!
I just want your boys to feck off up to the PL because I'm sick and tired of losing to you :lol:

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
This is the sweet part of our relegation, back to Saturday 3pm heaven :drool:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:confused:

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

Never mind this lot mate, some people just struggle with irony.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Had you rolled over for us last season at Kenilworth Road as you did at Griffin Park we'd have been gone already :(
I said this exact thing to my Brentford mate, he responded "nah, we'd just find another team to feck up against" :lol:

:lol:

Never mind this lot mate, some people just struggle with irony.
I just read that again this morning and feel embarrassed :lol:

Santos J

How did Garner do up against Skipp?
Not his best game, Forest as a whole were pretty poor though he wasn't solely to blame for anything. Norwich are quite comfortably the best team in the league and it was pretty evident for most of the game.

PoTMS

Can Norwich just feck off? Every season they are in the Premier League, Liverpool do well. No wonder, they gift them 6 points (and +10 goal difference) every single time.

Jam

Probably the best Pre-Squad Announcement leak I’ve seen. Catching someone in the team at Greggs two hours before a game.