Championship 2020/21

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Nice three points for the lads but felt a bit sorry for Wycombe. Wanted them to have a fighting chance.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Much needed win for Swansea today.
I think the recent run of form has exposed the fact that we're in a bit of a false position, I think we're comfortably the worst of the teams currently in the play off spots. The football hasn't been great to watch and I'm hoping the team can transition to become more of a footballing side. Still the players showed a lot of character today when the pressure was on.

Glad to see Swansea employing the social media blackout, a few other teams have also done the same as have a few high profile figures in the industry, I hope next week then the premier league clubs discuss it they decide to do the same. The constant abuse is vile.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Much needed win for Swansea today.
I think the recent run of form has exposed the fact that we're in a bit of a false position, I think we're comfortably the worst of the teams currently in the play off spots. The football hasn't been great to watch and I'm hoping the team can transition to become more of a footballing side. Still the players showed a lot of character today when the pressure was on.

Glad to see Swansea employing the social media blackout, a few other teams have also done the same as have a few high profile figures in the industry, I hope next week then the premier league clubs discuss it they decide to do the same. The constant abuse is vile.
A victory over Millwall is a victory for humanity, so good job either way. ;) What's this social media blackout though? Are clubs taking a stance against online harassment?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
A victory over Millwall is a victory for humanity, so good job either way. ;) What's this social media blackout though? Are clubs taking a stance against online harassment?
Hahah that's a good point, for the fight against racism to go well a win against Millwall was a necessity.
I think the general gist is that the club and the players are going to go a week or two without posting anything. I know Rangers and Gerrard are doing the same. If the premier league clubs do decide to do the same (I'm not sure when there meeting is happening) it would be a big statement, even if I don't really know the solution to all of this.

Of course abuse and racism is going to be damaging to someone of any age, but it's really sad to see the likes of Matondo and Ben Cabango, 20 years old, getting targeted. They're basically kids yet they have to deal with this shit.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Hahah that's a good point, for the fight against racism to go well a win against Millwall was a necessity.
I think the general gist is that the club and the players are going to go a week or two without posting anything. I know Rangers and Gerrard are doing the same. If the premier league clubs do decide to do the same (I'm not sure when there meeting is happening) it would be a big statement, even if I don't really know the solution to all of this.

Of course abuse and racism is going to be damaging to someone of any age, but it's really sad to see the likes of Matondo and Ben Cabango, 20 years old, getting targeted. They're basically kids yet they have to deal with this shit.
Thanks for the explanation. It's good that clubs are standing up against this!

Classical Mechanic

Looks like Norwich and Watford will get the auto promotion spots and with Bournemouth looking likely for the play-offs it could be a straight return of all the relegated sides last season!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nice three points for the lads but felt a bit sorry for Wycombe. Wanted them to have a fighting chance.
That game was how a lot of games have gone for us. A borderline sending off, turns a game we'd have probably held on to a 1-0 in, into a comfy 3-1 defeat.

However, we're still not officially relegated yet after 41 games have been played, which is more than anyone gave us a chance of.

Were massively on course for worst ever chamionship team after 7 losses in a row to start the seasona nd 1 win in 10, but we've at least made some sort of go at it.

We made 3 main signings, and 2 didn't play until Jan. Everything had to go perfectly for us to stay up I think.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
That game was how a lot of games have gone for us. A borderline sending off, turns a game we'd have probably held on to a 1-0 in, into a comfy 3-1 defeat.

However, we're still not officially relegated yet after 41 games have been played, which is more than anyone gave us a chance of.

Were massively on course for worst ever chamionship team after 7 losses in a row to start the seasona nd 1 win in 10, but we've at least made some sort of go at it.

We made 3 main signings, and 2 didn't play until Jan. Everything had to go perfectly for us to stay up I think.
Well I'm still rooting for your boys. Hopefully can pull a miracle. Luton did that last season so it is possible.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well I'm still rooting for your boys. Hopefully can pull a miracle. Luton did that last season so it is possible.
Some of our fans use you guys as an example, but the truth is your financial capabilities are way above ours.
However, it's been a good it of money banked, and we obviously didn't go silly committing to fees or wages, so hopefully should have a good crack at coming straight back up.

We're half way evolving how we play, having used the Bayo route one very successfully for years.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford

With my neighbours being season ticket holders, having been to Adams Park a few times over the years and loads of ex-Bees turning out for you over the years - I too am rooting for you to pull off a miracle and send down Wendesday, Brum and Derby :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
With my neighbours being season ticket holders, having been to Adams Park a few times over the years and loads of ex-Bees turning out - I too am rooting for you to pull off a miracle and send down Wendesday, Brum and Derby :)
That game where we got utterly monstered away at Brentford was another classic of how this season has gone.

Played pretty well in the first half, but the ref gave a pen for our man clearing a ball, and after that an utter collapse.
We like Brentford and we had a good arrangement a few years ago with the likes of Pierre, Mawson and others coming our way.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Some of our fans use you guys as an example, but the truth is your financial capabilities are way above ours.
However, it's been a good it of money banked, and we obviously didn't go silly committing to fees or wages, so hopefully should have a good crack at coming straight back up.

We're half way evolving how we play, having used the Bayo route one very successfully for years.
So YOU'RE the lowest finance team. Our manager always says we're the second lowest team in terms of finance... I always wondered who was the lowest. Now I know!

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
That game where we got utterly monstered away at Brentford was another classic of how this season has gone.

Played pretty well in the first half, but the ref gave a pen for our man clearing a ball, and after that an utter collapse.
We like Brentford and we had a good arrangement a few years ago with the likes of Pierre, Mawson and others coming our way.
I remember when Terry Evans left to join Wycmobe - I was gutted, one of my first football heroes :lol: might have been before your time? Going back 30 odd years that!

Yeah I never saw that 7-0 coming at half time I have to say - wasn't sure if my neighbour would talk to me after that :eek:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So YOU'RE the lowest finance team. Our manager always says we're the second lowest team in terms of finance... I always wondered who was the lowest. Now I know!
I think we were in the bottom 6 in league 1 in fairness at the start of last season. We had a new owner come in last season, which saved us, and he owns a company, but he's no mini Abramovich.
But yes, by far the lowest in the championship. Not sure if we're lowest "ever" as I know Yeovil were up there a few years ago, they can't have been very dollar.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I remember when Terry Evans left to join Wycmobe - I was gutted, one of my first football heroes :lol: might have been before your time? Going back 30 odd years that!

Yeah I never saw that 7-0 coming at half time I have to say - wasn't sure if my neighbour would talk to me after that :eek:
No, I remember Ooh Terry Evans. A legend in our first season in the league, 93/94. I hadn't started going regularly there, but I got in for a few games.

i actually played in a game at Wycombe's training ground once many years later, and he and John Gorman were watching.
The team we were playing were utter pony, so I could throw my weight around and booted a few goals in.

I remember Terry using the f word every other word but telling me I was "different class".

Gorman even came over and asked "how old are you son".

24 I said..."ok" he wandered off.

If onl;y I'd been 12 I might have been signed up and had a future :lol:

ps think it was 7-2 and we had it at 2-2 until the dodgy pen that was perhaps at 3-2. Gamechanger.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
No, I remember Ooh Terry Evans. A legend in our first season in the league, 93/94. I hadn't started going regularly there, but I got in for a few games.

i actually played in a game at Wycombe's training ground once many years later, and he and John Gorman were watching.
The team we were playing were utter pony, so I could throw my weight around and booted a few goals in.

I remember Terry using the f word every other word but telling me I was "different class".

Gorman even came over and asked "how old are you son".

24 I said..."ok" he wandered off.

If onl;y I'd been 12 I might have been signed up and had a future :lol:

ps think it was 7-2 and we had it at 2-2 until the dodgy pen that was perhaps at 3-2. Gamechanger.
Proper old school football lad was Evans but then he moved into Rugby coaching :D

One of my first away days was at Adams Park and he scored against us too - sods law ex-player and all that!

Yeah of course it was 7-2, that's why at 2-2 I never saw it coming ;)

Harold_Giles

Let's hope Norwich are able to hang on to Buendia for one more season.
I enjoyed their games last season, they did try to play decent football.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Please please please turn up against your friends from Hertfordshire ;)
Job done! I was listening with Watford commentary. The dickhead was constantly calling our Captain dumb and a shit footballer. Also kept saying it's a matter of time before Watford win. Hopefully eats some humble pie now.

I think we were in the bottom 6 in league 1 in fairness at the start of last season. We had a new owner come in last season, which saved us, and he owns a company, but he's no mini Abramovich.
But yes, by far the lowest in the championship. Not sure if we're lowest "ever" as I know Yeovil were up there a few years ago, they can't have been very dollar.
Can't believe you lot were two up and drew with ANOTHER sending off. Just unfortunate.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Job done! I was listening with Watford commentary. The dickhead was constantly calling our Captain dumb and a shit footballer. Also kept saying it's a matter of time before Watford win. Hopefully eats some humble pie now.

Can't believe you lot were two up and drew with ANOTHER sending off. Just unfortunate.
Yes literally just came on here to pass on my thanks :) Shame we couldn't take maximum advantage against a determined Millwall side.

Well done Chairboys too for taking a point of Swansea shame you didn't manage all three.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Frustrating that Brentford and Watford dropped points and Swansea failed to capitalise. Pretty shit performance all in all, 1 or 2 performances aside the team has been struggling for a while.

Nice to see Cullen score though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Our best away display, even better than battering Rotherham 3-0 the other week.
But games in this division can change very quickly.

There was no sending off though, though you made me double check my woeful ifollow picture hadn't made me miss it!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Our best away display, even better than battering Rotherham 3-0 the other week.
But games in this division can change very quickly.

There was no sending off though, though you made me double check my woeful ifollow picture hadn't made me miss it!
Ahh yeah I don't know why I thought there was, I think the commentator on the Luton v Watford game mentioned a sending off...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Our 38 year old legend Bayo Akinfenwa with a 93rd min pen to give us just that smallest chance of pulling off what would be the greatest escape from relegation ever.
But for tonight, just saving an incredible late bit of action that saw our keeper up for a corner, and half volley it, only to be handled by a Bristol City player, and then Bayo taking the pen duties from our normal pen taker in the last min. Amazing.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Our 38 year old legend Bayo Akinfenwa with a 93rd min pen to give us just that smallest chance of pulling off what would be the greatest escape from relegation ever.
But for tonight, just saving an incredible late bit of action that saw our keeper up for a corner, and half volley it, only to be handled by a Bristol City player, and then Bayo taking the pen duties from our normal pen taker in the last min. Amazing.
So happy for you guys. I'll be rooting for your team until the end of season. Let's hope you can do it!

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Brentford secure their play off spot with a superb win at muff at lunchtime.

If Millwall do us as favour we can keep dreaming for another week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Brentford secure their play off spot with a superb win at muff at lunchtime.

If Millwall do us as favour we can keep dreaming for another week.
Hopefully that means Bournemouth won't be as hungry v Wycombe next week!

We need to win today, and hope Derby lose, as well as Sheff Wed and Rotherham ideally. But it's Derby who could relegate us today, or if lose.
I think we could technically still stay up today with a draw, but realistically it's 3 wins needed.

A huge ask when we 've won 9 all season and 2 in a row was our purple patch!

However, hopefully we can take it to game week 45 at least, which would be a superb effort after losing 7/7 and winning 1/10 to start the season.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I am so stoked to see Ben Fosters Youtube content during a Premier League season. Watford sealing promotion today

Chairman Steve

Has there ever been an occurrence that the three relegated teams from one season all came back up the following season? Noting that with Norwich confirmed and now Watford, and Bournemouth in the play off places.

Cant wait to see who will be Watford’s manager come the time we play them next season as knowing how they work, theres a good chance it’s not going to be the same guy who got them up. Their staff turnover rivals the average UK call centre... and of course I can’t wait for some Troy Deeney sound bites as if he’s some kind of football oracle.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Has there ever been an occurrence that the three relegated teams from one season all came back up the following season? Noting that with Norwich confirmed and now Watford, and Bournemouth in the play off places.

Cant wait to see who will be Watford’s manager come the time we play them next season as knowing how they work, theres a good chance it’s not going to be the same guy who got them up. Their staff turnover rivals the average UK call centre... and of course I can’t wait for some Troy Deeney sound bites as if he’s some kind of football oracle.

Walters_19_MuFc

When's the last time the three teams that got relegated from the Premier League went back up the following season?

With Norwich and Watford confirmed promotion and playoffs confirmed for Bournemouth, there's a possibility of it happening.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Frustrating that we lost when all the rivals did. But I suppose crap teams in a division will lose more often than not.

We were always struggling after losing the first 7, but we've technically taken it to game 45, when most would have been amazed to see us take it beyond 30!

Hopefully we can get a win in one of the last two to at least hit 10 championship wins.