Championship 2020/21

Jaxa

Derby are fecking awful,

Surely if they stay up here Rooney has to do the right thing and resign ? Can’t see him staying on for the new season

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Derby are safe! Fairplay to them. Looked difficult 15 minutes ago.

acnumber9

Derby are fecking awful,

Surely if they stay up here Rooney has to do the right thing and resign ? Can’t see him staying on for the new season
They were bottom when he took over. He got them out of that position, not into it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Derby stay up with ONE point in their last 7 games. :lol: Indeed they only actually won once in their last 15 games and not like they were miles clear of bottom 3 either, Rotherham just couldn't win any of their seemingly 7 games in hand on everyone above.

Typical championship. I do have a soft spot for it after our time down there. It's never boring.

BorisManUtd

Well done Rooney.

Now hope Brentford go up, Swansea and Bournemouth were in PL recently and it seems to me that Barnsley wouldn't be much of an addition to the Prem.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
What a game. Heart pounding stuff.

Derby can't defend a ball in the box to save their lives. They would have been safe weeks ago if they could just deal with long throws and corners.

Congrats Wayne.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Fair fecks to Wycombe. I know they’re down but they should have been nowhere near survival but they nearly scraped over the line.
They just didn't believe enough quickly, think it took until November for their first win which is often the case with teams who don't think they deserve to be in higher league and need time to adapt to the level.

Interested what @Sandikan thinks, shame they barely had any fans in Adams Park all season. Really need to keep hold of Ainsworth but can see him going to Preston. Probably be lower half league 1 finish as they were massively overachieving just gettin into top 6 of league one anyway.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They were bottom when he took over. He got them out of that position, not into it.
They had a good bounce when he first took charge. However they won just one of their last 15 games so not really good momentum to take into next season and seems they're having issues with latest takeover attempt so he'll do very well to get them above mid table next season, will need some season loans like Frank Lampard picked up when he was there.

acnumber9

They had a good bounce when he first took charge. However they won just one of their last 15 games so not really good momentum to take into next season and seems they're having issues with latest takeover attempt so he'll do very well to get them above mid table next season, will need some season loans like Frank Lampard picked up when he was there.
I said in his own thread before that I have doubts he’ll ever make much of a manager. Having a relegation level team around the relegation zone isn’t evidence he’ll never be a good manager though. He can’t be judged too harshly for ‘only’ keeping them up.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
As a Town fan I'm happy with those relegated 3. Derby could have absolutely walked that division.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Rotherham needed one win in 7 games in hand. How they got relegated I'll never know.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah, he only played 9 times. Not a bad experience. Doesn't mean he won't play other players.
Derby badly need someone like Dan James really but can't see that happening when most bottom half prem teams will want him if you put him out on season long loan.

Made to think just two years ago they had Tomori, Mount and Harry Wilson all starting v us in play off final so 11 massively weakened since then.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Makes you amazed about how just 1 draw into a win would have given us a superb chance of a last day miracle. Even leading Swansea 2-0 away a few games ago and drawing 2-2 etc.
That was massive, the equalisers came in like the last 5 or 10 didn’t they? Tough pill to swallow as your lot should have won that game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That was massive, the equalisers came in like the last 5 or 10 didn’t they? Tough pill to swallow as your lot should have won that game.
Not sure it was late but both goals over 5mins.
Losing at home to Derby in the last min after dominating them is probably up there with regrets too!
Although Derby seem to have been dodgy dealing and could get a points ban.

Inevitably next season though. Although I think it initially related to the same period as what Sheffield Wed have had a 6point deduction this year for.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's not the championship without something wholly crazy happening.

Actually hang on. @Sandikan does that mean Wycombe might.... You know... ????
Nah. They'll bottle it and deduct points next season.

Could you imagine the abuse Wycombe would get if we stayed up like this.
A number of league one clubs were spitting feathers after we went up last year.

Actually I would love it. Won't get excited though.

Fridge chutney

Nah. They'll bottle it and deduct points next season.

Could you imagine the abuse Wycombe would get if we stayed up like this.
A number of league one clubs were spitting feathers after we went up last year.

Actually I would love it. Won't get excited though.
Sheffield Wednesday were relegated as a result of points deduction. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen to Derby, although it would be at the other end of the season.

That might end up being a very important 3 points for Wycombe over Middlesbrough in the end!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Sheffield Wednesday were relegated as a result of points deduction. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen to Derby, although it would be at the other end of the season.

That might end up being a very important 3 points for Wycombe over Middlesbrough in the end!
It was Wigan wasn't it?

Fridge chutney

It was Wigan wasn't it?
Wigan are struggling away in league 1 unfortunately. Wycombe played Middlesbrough on the final match day of the Championship, in what looked like a rather pointless match.

Wycombe were significantly behind Wednesday on goal difference, so had Wednesday won (the only path to Wycombe avoiding relegation) then Wycombe would have had to win by about 10 goals.

But none of that accounted for a potential Derby points deduction.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sounds like they're delaying the punishment decision for a while anyway.
And there's no way Derby won't bring a tonneload of legal delays to the party even if it was this season.

This isn't really what we need at Wycombe, as we won't be able to press on with signings just in case we do stay up.