Championship 21/22

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I don’t think he’s a dead cert at all. Surprised he’s made that move now, I know it’s hard to turn down a big club but he’d have been a definite starter in the Premier League next year.
They'll loan him back for a year

Tiber

Shame Derby are still a lot of points from safety. They really deserve to stay up

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Shame Derby are still a lot of points from safety. They really deserve to stay up
Has Wayne said he will stay even though they are going down? Would be nice to see how he does when the odds are not so against him. He has been impressive so far.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What an absolutely awesome day of football, four brilliant games on TV,
The standard has been excellent and topped off by Rooney carrying on his impressive managerial career.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Sean Dyche will be at West Brom next season. Bigger club than Burnley and a great fit. You heard it here first.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I don't think he knew what he meant. No way would he put that much swaz on a cross but equally there's no reason to shoot from there.

Dare I say it, maybe he was briefly possessed by a demon?
He obviously watched Shaolin Soccer the night before.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Are West Brom fans also ungrateful and expect too much for not rating a rubbish manager?

Last edited:

Blood Mage

If you told me a few years ago that Wayne Rooney would become a promising young manager I would have pissed myself.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
That race for the final playoff spot is going to be exciting. Technically 11 teams can still finish 6th. And there are a lot of fixtures between the sides competing. Realistically from West Brom down or is very unlikely they’d make it but you never know.

Anyway looking at those teams who could finish 6th, there are alot of big games between them as well as against the sides already in the top 5. Some

Fulham v Preston
Luton v Blackpool
Bournemouth v Fulham
Stoke v QPR
Middlesbrough v Swansea
West Brom v Coventry
Swansea v Bournemouth
Preston v Blackburn
QPR v Sheffield
Blackburn v Bournemouth
Coventry v Huddersfield
Middlesbrough v Stoke
Forest v Swansea
Bournemouth v Milwall
Preston v Middlesbrough
Sheffield v Fulham
Stoke v Coventry
Swansea v QPR

Looking at the fixtures I’d say Milwall have a great chance.

But what makes this extra interesting is the fact that all of the sides aren’t in playoff form. Aside from Stoke and Swansea who have an outside chance the rest are averaging less than 1.5ppg over their last 6.

Anyway providing that Milwall and Sheffield don’t win at the weekend. It means with 2 game weeks to go, 11 teams could technically still be in the mix.

Is there a record for the amount of teams competing for the final playoff spot on the last day of the season?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hoping Nottingham Forest can come up. But also Luton.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The job Corberan has done at Huddersfield is absurd - will be rooting for them in the play-offs (which looks all but assured) but I think Forest are the favourites.

Could see a team like Brighton going for him if Potter moves on to bigger things.

Last edited:

CraftySoAndSo

Bournemouth are all but up. 4 points clear with two games in hand and Huddersfield only have 4 games left.
I know, I was saying who i hope don't go up, not who i think won't go up. But i think Bournemouth still have to play Forest, lose that and it opens the door a bit for Huddersfield and maybe Luton. Plus Bournemouth are a very hot and cold team and have gone through bad patches, here's hoping they do it again.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bournemouth are all but up. 4 points clear with two games in hand and Huddersfield only have 4 games left.
If Forest could beat them it goes down to 4 points between those two so you never know but probably unlikely now.

visiting villain

Supports
Aston Villa
Bournemouth have: Fulham, Swansea, Blackburn, Forest, & Millwall left. Decently challenging schedule left but they're still in the drivers seat.

Santos J

Massive win for Forest tonight away at Fulham with Bournemouth dropping points at Swansea too.

Bournemouth vs Forest next Tuesday is a big one!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Massive win for Forest tonight away at Fulham with Bournemouth dropping points at Swansea too.

Bournemouth vs Forest next Tuesday is a big one!
Hopefully Bournemouth now turn up against Blackburn. Need Blackburn and Millwall to drop out of the race.

Still pissed at that disallowed goal at the death against Blackpool. BS decision prevented our qualification to playoffs :mad:

PoTMS

Hopefully Forest beat Bournemouth next week. It's been too long since we've had them in the Premier League.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Would love Forest to go up. I think their manager is class.

Santos J

Hopefully Bournemouth now turn up against Blackburn. Need Blackburn and Millwall to drop out of the race.

Still pissed at that disallowed goal at the death against Blackpool. BS decision prevented our qualification to playoffs :mad:
Didn't even realise it's Blackburn v Bournemouth this weekend, can see Blackburn getting something out of that.

Would love Forest to go up. I think their manager is class.
Yeah incredible job he's done this year, they were rock bottom when he took over.

JB7

Annoyed with Swansea throwing it away tonight, hope that doesn't give Bournemouth the boost to get themselves going again. Would sooner have literally any other team in the top 10 come up rather than them.

Forest and Blackburn is probably the dream. I've missed that 7k away end in the Premier League.

suheilsworld

Hoping Forest pip Bournemouth for the 2nd spot. Then meeting each other in GW45 will be mouth watering. Hoping Blackburn does a favor by beating Bournemouth in GW44 and forest can overcome a tough Swansea fixture. It’s getting tasty at the top

Ole'sgunnarwin

The Bournemouth equaliser might be big psychologically. But it doesn't change much, now it's in Nottingham Forest's hands.

Goal difference is the same, 3 points behind. So if they beat Bournemouth, they have a huge advantage. They have to play Swansea next though, which is a very difficult match.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Surely you’d want them to stay down, will be a good away day for you next season.

@Cascarino
Speaking of forest. What’s the consensus now on Cooper? Iirc your fans wanted rid :confused:
He's an excellent manager, getting Swansea to the playoffs twice was a hell of an achievement. He was very good at setting up defensively, we'd be routinely outplayed in terms of possession but he was very clever at organising the side and he bolstered this with excellent loan moves for young talent as there was little to spend. He also seems like a decent bloke.

I think the supporters would have been ok with him seeing out his third year, but he left by mutual consent two weeks before the season started and this left a sour taste (I don't blame him at all considering the board). The football bar one or two periods was largely shite though, and this was something that got worse over his tenure. Forest definitely look like they're playing better football than last season's Swansea though.

The Bournemouth equaliser might be big psychologically. But it doesn't change much, now it's in Nottingham Forest's hands.

Goal difference is the same, 3 points behind. So if they beat Bournemouth, they have a huge advantage. They have to play Swansea next though, which is a very difficult match.
Swansea will go three goals up and throw it away. Decent returns on that.

Dan-Utd

I'm hoping Forest go up, what a run they have been on, it was sad to see the way that club continued to back a manager who loves ancient tactics, let alone give him the job in the first place just cos he's done some good things back in the day. Steve Cooper has gone in there and allowed them to play a brand of the football that they enjoyed playing when they were growing up, he's just switched it up a bit and thrown some defensive organisation into the mix and a fantastic team spirit has been born.

There should be a management 'avoid list' and on that list you would include Al Pardew, Stevie Bruce, Chrissy Hughton etc,

I wouldn't put Micky McCarthy on that list because when he went into Cardiff a year ago they were playing some good football.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Fulham absolutely smashing 5th (now 6th) place Luton to win the league... Clearly the best team in the division and its showed.

How many will Mitro score in the Prem next year? I'll go with 7