Championship 21/22

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
On now and been a decent watch, Bournemouth 1-1 West Brom so far and both will be in top 6 you'd suspect although neither 11 looks that strong compared to previous seasons. West Brom sold Matheus Periera to some Middle east team yesterday so will be busy in next few weeks and Bournmouth playing a few youth team players although still got likes of Brooks and Solanke.

Also got the match on local radio and how good is it to listen to a match on the wireless with chants, ohhs and arrrs after chances. Been really hard to listen to matches on radio last 18 months because of the constant silence so feels like football is properly back now as a listening experience.

Kearnkoff69

This WBA-Bournemouth match has been quite fun. It's great to see club football back on the TV again.

JohnZSmith27

Been a decent enough game. WBA should really be winning. Weird call from the ref in the first half disallowing their goal.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Been a decent enough game. WBA should really be winning. Weird call from the ref in the first half disallowing their goal.
It was odd. Couldn't see why it was disallowed. There was a lot of bodies in there and he just seem to decide to punish WBA.

lysglimt

Scout
One of the best arguments for VAR I have seen in a long time. Strange disallowed goal - punching the ball away with his hand and a shirt that is pulled so hard it looks look a sail in storm. Lots of weird decisions here

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I hope we get three new teams promoted this year, who haven’t been promoted in a while.

flappyjay

Chong has started for Birmingham, hopefully he does so well we could sell for 20-30 next year. It's time we made money off of our academy stars.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The only question with Derby is when they're finally going to get a proper points deduction for their constant shenanigans.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The only question with Derby is when they're finally going to get a proper points deduction for their constant shenanigans.
Your wish.....

Derby getting 9 point deduction soon so that's them as good as relegated. Wonder how long before Rooney walks out.

Forest also sacked Hughton. Thought he'd do well there like he's done at other clubs in similar position but seems it's a really toxic dressing room.

marktan

Sam Jonstone with the peno save. Decent game this between two promotion candidates.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can see Stoke coming up again. Michael O'Neill looks like he's finally turned the tanker around. Good manager who should be managing in premier league really.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Can see Stoke coming up again. Michael O'Neill looks like he's finally turned the tanker around. Good manager who should be managing in premier league really.
Nick Powell doing really well there too.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I’m hoping Coventry come up. They were often in the top flight when I was a kid.
I spent 2 years working the turnstiles at Coventry back when Chris Coleman was the manager. Leon Best was the star striker. Watched every home game in that period. I'll always have a major soft spot for them. It'd be epic if they ever came back.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
My guy Maatsen getting in on the action.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
This Swansea side is getting pretty interesting, after 2 wins in 11, it's been 4 wins in 5, including West Brom and away at Coventry. Very possession heavy, and while it was frustrating for the early season period that Russell Martin only took over at the end of preseason, it's really becoming apparent how he means to take this side forward.

Piroe, Paterson and Laird have all been instrumental.

Leg-End

I’m liking the positivity we are hearing about Laird.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Bournemouth and Fulham way out ahead in the league and West Brom are third & 4 points clear of 4th. I don't mind Bournemouth so much but can Fulham and West Brom just feck off and stay in that league for the next decade.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Bournemouth and Fulham way out ahead in the league and West Brom are third & 4 points clear of 4th. I don't mind Bournemouth so much but can Fulham and West Brom just feck off and stay in that league for the next decade.
I really dislike watching West Brom, their football is tough to stomach.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Big game for Swansea today, a result away to Bournemouth would be a big confidence booster.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
So Chris Wilder is off to Middlesbrough. Pretty solid move that in my opinion. Think he’ll do really well there.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Wednesday's 7-0 home defeat was a complete embarrassment; losing 7-0 at home to Fulham is of course in a completely different league to losing 7-1 away to Man Utd and Arsenal like we did during our last couple of Premier League seasons.

So I was very impressed with the way the team recovered and bounced back yesterday. It was a very good performance.

Brereton has been on fire this season for club and country. Having said that almost always having reliable strikers that score plenty of goals during our time outside the Premier League and in the Championship, another example being Armstrong last season, but still failing to finish in the top 6 once, has been quite frustrating.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Wednesday's 7-0 home defeat was a complete embarrassment; losing 7-0 at home to Fulham is of course in a completely different league to losing 7-1 away to Man Utd and Arsenal like we did during our last couple of Premier League seasons.

So I was very impressed with the way the team recovered and bounced back yesterday. It was a very good performance.

Brereton has been on fire this season for club and country. Having said that almost always having reliable strikers that score plenty of goals during our time outside the Premier League and in the Championship, another example being Armstrong last season, but still failing to finish in the top 6 once, has been quite frustrating.
Yeah from the outside looking in it was weird to see a side who had such a consistent goalscorer finishing midtable, I liked the Elliott Armstrong and Brereton front line, it was a shame Dack kept getting serious injuries. In the Swansea game a few months ago I thought Gallagher was great, how's he doing this season?

I thought Brereton was talented last season but I underestimated him, he's looking brilliant. Do you think you'll make the playoffs this year?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Andre Gray has just scored the goal of the fecking season.... absolutely special.

Won't see a better one than that this season.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gfooty

Andre Gray has just scored the goal of the fecking season.... absolutely special.

Crazy goal. Some prime Ronaldinho vibes

Oranges038

A fanatstic goal. They were all cracking finishes to be fair.