Championship 21/22

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That's a lovely free kick. So simple.
More teams should do stuff like that

The other week Huddersfield had an IDFK in the box from about 8 yards out and did the standard thing of shifting it slightly and smashing into the wall, and I was just thinking - why not switch it to the other side of the box and then shoot? or do something they won't expect.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

The other week Huddersfield had an IDFK in the box from about 8 yards out and did the standard thing of shifting it slightly and smashing into the wall, and I was just thinking - why not switch it to the other side of the box and then shoot? or do something they won't expect.
Parker has previous at Bournemouth for a well worked set piece...

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United

We try stuff like this all the time as we’re usually useless at heading the ball :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Forest just didn't turn up second half, dangerous right side of Spence and Johnson completely nulified and not sure why Cooper didn't make changes earlier.

Bournemouth coming straight back down.

Charlie Foley

Bournemouth going for what looks like a 5-3-2-0 now.

OH MY GOD what a miss. Offside flag saves him. Mile off

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Forest nailed on to win play offs ffs. Wouldn’t mind playing Bournemouth etc but these will but well up for it now.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Forest nailed on to win play offs ffs. Wouldn’t mind playing Bournemouth etc but these will but well up for it now.
Yeah I don't think they'll be too dejected by this - the automatic push came a little out of nowhere.

Are you confident you'll beat Fulham on the weekend though?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I wouldn't say they're nailed on. Can so often be the case that a team with momentum who narrowly misses out on automatic promotion slumps in the playoffs, whilst teams who scrape in can essentially reset from the season.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Yeah I don't think they'll be too dejected by this - the automatic push came a little out of nowhere.

Are you confident you'll beat Fulham on the weekend though?
Think they always had their eye on it with games in hand to be fair.

Could go either way on Saturday. If we play like we did second half at QPR I have no worries. Having no fit strikers makes it difficult though.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Fair play to Bournemouth. Forest offered nowt on the day.

Rex Banner

I do have a bit of a soft spot for Bournemouth, always nice to see a historically smaller team in the PL imo. Didn't think they'd come back when they went down a few years ago.

Hope Forest go up through the playoffs, would be nice to see Luton go up considering they were in the National League not long back but you'd think that loss to Fulham would be a huge dent to their confidence.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I do have a bit of a soft spot for Bournemouth, always nice to see a historically smaller team in the PL imo. Didn't think they'd come back when they went down a few years ago.

Hope Forest go up through the playoffs, would be nice to see Luton go up considering they were in the National League not long back but you'd think that loss to Fulham would be a huge dent to their confidence.
We usually bounce back well after a mauling like that and we're at home to reading, who are useless so hopefully can still make playoffs.

That stupid disallowed goal against bpackpool might haunt us :(

Annihilate Now!

Scout
It's looking like the play offs will be:

Huddersfield vs Luton
Forest vs Sheffield Utd

Think both games will be tight, any of them could come up.

PoTMS

It's looking like the play offs will be:

Huddersfield vs Luton
Forest vs Sheffield Utd

Think both games will be tight, any of them could come up.
Hoping Forest get a winner and play Luton instead. Otherwise I see them losing to Sheffield United over two legs.

PoTMS

Forest score in the 93rd minute to go third, Hull go straight down the other end and immediately equalise. Forest back down to 4th.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Forest score in the 93rd minute to go third, Hull go straight down the other end and immediately equalise. Forest back down to 4th.
We feckING made it!!!

Glad hull got that draw. Rather avoid Forrest. Trying to get tickets you the playoffs!

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
We feckING made it!!!

Glad hull got that draw. Rather avoid Forrest. Trying to get tickets you the playoffs!
Worked out well in the end. Got the PO position and avoided Forest. I want your boys' to come up but if not you, then Forest. Really hope it is a Luton v Forest PO final.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Worked out well in the end. Got the PO position and avoided Forest. I want your boys' to come up but if not you, then Forest. Really hope it is a Luton v Forest PO final.
I'm the same. If we don't then let it be forest.

CraftySoAndSo

Sensational scenes in League 2 right now. Northampton started the day 3rd and Bristol Rovers 4th, whoever gets 3rd gets promoted. Northampton are 3rd but only on goal difference which was better than Bristol Rovers. Northampton stormed into a 3-0 lead thinking the job is done, Bristol Rovers have responded by going 7-0 up and have jumped into 3rd with minutes to go on goal difference.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Sensational scenes in League 2 right now. Northampton started the day 3rd and Bristol Rovers 4th, whoever gets 3rd gets promoted. Northampton are 3rd but only on goal difference which was better than Bristol Rovers. Northampton stormed into a 3-0 lead thinking the job is done, Bristol Rovers have responded by going 7-0 up and have jumped into 3rd with minutes to go on goal difference.
Absolutely mental

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
We ended the season with a win at least, and our joint highest league finish since we were relegated from the Premier League.

But I’m still incredibly frustrated about our collapse in form during the last few months, and failing to finish in the playoff places. It was a wasted opportunity.

CraftySoAndSo

We ended the season with a win at least, and our joint highest league finish since we were relegated from the Premier League.

But I’m still incredibly frustrated about our collapse in form during the last few months, and failing to finish in the playoff places. It was a wasted opportunity.
If you do choose not to renew Mowbray's contract do you think it's the right decision? If i was a Blackburn fan i don't think i could take the huge swings in form and would want someone with more consistency.

PoTMS

Is Brereton Diaz available on a free this season?

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
If you do choose not to renew Mowbray's contract do you think it's the right decision? If i was a Blackburn fan i don't think i could take the huge swings in form and would want someone with more consistency.
I appreciate the job that Mowbray did, getting us back on track when we were a mess.

But it’s definitely time for a change now and things have gone stale. A lot of us are sick of seeing the same post-Christmas disastrous runs of form every season, us continuing to concede a ridiculous number of late goals, him desperately chopping and changing tactics etc.

The problem is though that I don’t have a clue who is the best choice to replace him. No-one really stands out.

Is Brereton Diaz available on a free this season?
His contract expires next year, as we triggered a 1 year extension, and we are surely certain to sell him this summer.

I always thought that Brighton should be seriously look at him.

Our continued inability to finish in the top 6 despite often having among the best strikers in the division, has been very annoying !

CraftySoAndSo

I appreciate the job that Mowbray did, getting us back on track when we were a mess.

But it’s definitely time for a change now and things have gone stale. A lot of us are sick of seeing the same post-Christmas disastrous runs of form every season, us continuing to concede a ridiculous number of late goals, him desperately chopping and changing tactics etc.

The problem is though that I don’t have a clue who is the best choice to replace him. No-one really stands out.
Sam Allardyce is available :wenger:

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
If Fergie had gone a bit earlier than I’ve no doubt Peterborough would have survived.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I've really enjoyed this season, despite the 15th place finish. With quite a few of our best players having left in the summer, and Martin arriving just before the season started things were a bit of a mess, the first part of the season was a big struggle. Despite the crap end to the season, I'm cautiously optimistic about next season. A lot will depend on who we sell and how it's reinvested.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I've really enjoyed this season, despite the 15th place finish. With quite a few of our best players having left in the summer, and Martin arriving just before the season started things were a bit of a mess, the first part of the season was a big struggle. Despite the crap end to the season, I'm cautiously optimistic about next season. A lot will depend on who we sell and how it's reinvested.
Well it is the Champo. Anyone can go from near relegation to promotion from one season to the next or even within a season. You're chances are just as good as, barring those on parachute payments.