Championship 22/23

matys

It starts today with Huddersfield against Burnley, first game for Kompany as their manager.

Hopefully it won't be another season of Norwich and Watford going up again. Is there a team particulalry worth watching this season?

We should also see a few of ours players getting some games there.

Canuckred64

It starts today with Huddersfield against Burnley, first game for Kompany as their manager.

Hopefully it won't be another season of Norwich and Watford going up again. Is there a team particulalry worth watching this season?

We should also see a few of ours players getting some games there.
Would be a surprise if Norwich and Watford don't come straight back up. West Brom or Sheffield United through the play off route

Gandalf

Interesting to see what Kompany can do with Burnley, almost a completely new team with all the departures and he has been wheeling and dealing. This league is a lot more year to year and so there are always surprises, I am hoping Cardiff can make the play off spots, awful season last year but they have a lot of good young players who will be better for the experience. Rubin Colwill is going to be a PL player sooner rather than later that is a certainty. I do think Norwich and Watford will be tough to beat which depresses me because you know they will stink out the PL next season again.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Seeing Burnley playing progressive football with a young modern manager will take some getting use to.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Fairly worried for Huddersfield tonight... Lost two of their best players, unproven manager, no proper reinvestment made... Hard to see how they'll build on last season.

avgp_1

So many big contenders this year, I'd back Sheffield United to make it along with Norwich and Watford.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Looking forward to this. Is this the best championship line up ever? Full of massive clubs this year. Fancy Burnley tonight but not sure they’ll come back up.

paulscholes18

Looking forward to this. Is this the best championship line up ever? Full of massive clubs this year. Fancy Burnley tonight but not sure they’ll come back up.
16/17 could argue was better, Newcastle, Villa, Forest, Wolves, Fulham, Leeds & Blackburn

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Good start so far,

Burnley should of had a penalty.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Seriously, is there any other league in the world as mad as the Championship? For a second tier division, it's just mental. England really is the home of football. Don't care what anyone says.

19 out of 24 ex-PL clubs by my reckoning. Crazy!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That Maatsen is pretty good.
Wish we kept him and used him as backup but I guess young players want to be out there and playing. Very good talent though. Like him a lot.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Seriously, is there any other league in the world as mad as the Championship? For a second tier division, it's just mental. England really is the home of football. Don't care what anyone says.

19 out of 24 ex-PL clubs by my reckoning. Crazy!
I love it personally. Obviously promotion to the PL is what we all want but this league is brilliant.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I love it personally. Obviously promotion to the PL is what we all want but this league is brilliant.
Yeah the PL is just the icing on the cake. Some great play-off moments. It really is the perfect combo. Fantastic league. And Sunderland are back too.

paulscholes18

Nothing wrong with the tackle and gets a yellow games getting more and more soft every passing season

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Nothing wrong with the tackle and gets a yellow games getting more and more soft every passing season
I sometimes think that the reaction of the player who was fouled makes it look more serious than it was, prompting the referee to then give a yellow card.