Championship 22/23

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Maatsen has something about him. Looks like a decent wide player.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Decent start for Kompany. Burnley certainly easier on the eye than under Dyche. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

SambaBoy

Very impressed with Maatsen and Cullen.

Huddersfield looked very flat for the first game of the season, no belief going forward and no control in the midfield. Anjorin had a few good moments but he seems somewhat of a glimpses player. Is he the attacking player that was highly rated at Chelsea but somehow ended up playing in Russia?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Very impressed with Maatsen and Cullen.

Huddersfield looked very flat for the first game of the season, no belief going forward and no control in the midfield. Anjorin had a few good moments but he seems somewhat of a glimpses player. Is he the attacking player that was highly rated at Chelsea but somehow ended up playing in Russia?
Yeah that’s him. Think they had a £10m option to buy but he got injured not longer into the loan spell and he ended up back at Chelsea. I’m a little bit unsure with him. He’s talented for sure but, I don’t know, he seems to be missing something.

TheReligion

Abusive
Sunderland beating Coventry 1-0 but the main talking point is the referee Darren Bond.

Grey haired Jack Grealish hairstyle featuring hairband.

Can’t find a picture sadly

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Couldn't make the game so watching it from home, overall it's not been a bad performance but the defence looks woeful without Cabango and the midfield has missed Downes massively.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Great performance for the potters after an abysmal showing against Millwall last week. Could have scored 4 or 5 on another day. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few clubs looking at Josh Tymon.

Gazautd18

Weren't we linked to him once?
Remember Mane saying he would be the next big thing from Senegal.
State of our scouting we'll most probably put a £50 mil bid in.... And get rejected....

A9X SJ

Was a absolute peach from Sarr - What about Dennis instead of Arnautovic surely a better option

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
That’s a nice finish from Cleverly, hope he ain’t injured

Nick7

That’s a pen. That Watford defender is a right shithead isn’t he :lol: :lol:

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
What a pleasant surprise to see us win our first 3 games of the season (or first 4 including the League Cup).

After we lost quite a few first team players over the summer, I wasn't sure what to expect this season including going into our opener against QPR, and I was worried about us potentially slipping from mid-table mediocrity to a relegation battle. The performance against Celtic in-particular during pre-season was excellent, and that has carried over into these first 3 games. Of course it's not going to last forever (it might end in our next game), but I've thoroughly enjoyed this start to the season.

I was saying to a few mates that in this day and age even more than in any previous era, it's easier for successful former player like Tomasson to gain instant respect and hit the ground running quickly as a manager, as most if not all of their players can only dream about getting to their level. Of course to then sustain a successful managerial career they need more than that, to be tactically adept and flexible, be able to keep squad players happy and motivated etc., but it definitely helps give them an initial 'leg-up' in the first place.

But I was happy to see us 'thinking outside the box' and beyond the usual football league managerial merry-go-round, and appointing Tomasson. In our first 3 league games, we have looked pretty adaptable tactically as well.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Wasn't really sure where to post this, but Len Johnrose has passed away after having been diagnosed motor neurone disease a few years ago. He's raised a lot of money and awareness about the condition, and spoke openly about how brutal he found the condition and the difficulties it came with, but also with humour. He played mainly for Bury but played for Swansea for a period ( I think even as captain for a bit), and scored one of the most important goals in the club's history to stave off relegation to the conference. Thoughts go out to his wife and kids.

Thanks for everything Lenny!

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Swansea 2-0 up against Millwall at home, I leave in the first minute of injury time, Swansea concede two own goals :wenger:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Just saw that Shaun Wright-Phillips's son scored for Stoke today. Never felt older in my life.

Then I saw that Phil Jagielka scored an own goal in the same game so it's about 2006 again and everything's fine.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Anel Ahmedhodzic looks absolutely ridiculous. Him and Berge are going to make us lots of money. Ndiaye too but that’s a different story.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What a pleasant surprise to see us win our first 3 games of the season (or first 4 including the League Cup).

After we lost quite a few first team players over the summer, I wasn't sure what to expect this season including going into our opener against QPR, and I was worried about us potentially slipping from mid-table mediocrity to a relegation battle. The performance against Celtic in-particular during pre-season was excellent, and that has carried over into these first 3 games. Of course it's not going to last forever (it might end in our next game), but I've thoroughly enjoyed this start to the season.

I was saying to a few mates that in this day and age even more than in any previous era, it's easier for successful former player like Tomasson to gain instant respect and hit the ground running quickly as a manager, as most if not all of their players can only dream about getting to their level. Of course to then sustain a successful managerial career they need more than that, to be tactically adept and flexible, be able to keep squad players happy and motivated etc., but it definitely helps give them an initial 'leg-up' in the first place.

But I was happy to see us 'thinking outside the box' and beyond the usual football league managerial merry-go-round, and appointing Tomasson. In our first 3 league games, we have looked pretty adaptable tactically as well.
And you lose to awful Reading 3-0 now, such a championship result that. :lol:

It's really wide open this year tbh. Said before first game this is weakest relegated prem teams in a long while. Burnley looked good first game but have struggled to score since, Norwich don't look very convincing and Watford looked good but could well lose Sarr and perhaps Joao Pedro before window closes so suddenly attack won't be best in division. West Brom really need to sack Steve Bruce aswell.

Could be a surprise top 2, Preston haven't conceded a goal in first four games so they could be a surprise package.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
How has Obafemi looked? He looks sharp from the bits and pieces I see of him.
For the first half of last season the move looked like a disaster, but after breaking into the team he's been great. Works really hard and has a lot of pace that Swansea sorely lack.

He has some rough edges but really happy with him overall

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Looks like Sunderland have lost Alex Neil to Stoke and are likely to replace him with Tony Mowbray. Quite the comedown.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Anjorin had some fun today.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Top of the league with a squad stacked with quality. Safe to say I’m excited.

avgp_1

Top of the league with a squad stacked with quality. Safe to say I’m excited.
Ahmedhodzic looks a fine young player, very comfortable as one of the ball playing overlapping CBs in your team. Interesting prospect

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Ahmedhodzic looks a fine young player, very comfortable as one of the ball playing overlapping CBs in your team. Interesting prospect
Absolutely. Can’t believe the impact he’s made already.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Very proud of Ahmedhodzic. It was ridiculous that he moved to failing Bordeaux in january, especially with likes of Ajax, Atalanta, Milan and Chelsea mentioned, but he's quickly bounced back.

It's early to say this, but I'll be brave and shoot it: He will go down in history as by far the best defender Bosnia has ever had.

Have watched Sheffield few times this season, obviously due to him playing there, it's really a great side with lots of quality all over.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Very proud of Ahmedhodzic. It was ridiculous that he moved to failing Bordeaux in january, especially with likes of Ajax, Atalanta, Milan and Chelsea mentioned, but he's quickly bounced back.

It's early to say this, but I'll be brave and shoot it: He will go down in history as by far the best defender Bosnia has ever had.

Have watched Sheffield few times this season, obviously due to him playing there, it's really a great side with lots of quality all over.
Yup he's going to be an absolute fantastic player. If Sheffield dont go up, a prem team will buy him for 30-40m easy. He's tearing it up so far. A proper ball playing center half