Championship: Aston Villa Women v United | Sunday 8 Sept - United win 0-12

el3mel

Should I just forget about the men team and support the women one instead ?

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Looks like we've taken our foot off the gas a bit. It's been what, 5 minutes or so since we last scored?

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Away win 12-0? What the heck?

There has to be something done by the FA, immediate promotion or something.

You can‘t go through with one full season winning every game at a canter, I mean what is the point:lol:

GeorgieBoy

So to watch the women's team do we have to rely on watching opposition YouTube channels in the future then?
Villa's YouTube channel is the only way I've found to watch this.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I've even managed to get my dad who is very stuck in his ways and not a lover of the women's game to describe the team as 'We'

This is a good day.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
The ref should let us make more substitutions.

It is really, or more accurately (because we've got a young team) a pro team versus an amateur one.
Are there any pro teams in WSL2, or are they all semi-pro?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Just a reminder that this team has only trained together for two three months.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Should I just forget about the men team and support the women one instead ?
U18s are a solid side too, just watch them and the ladies and you'll see plenty of goals :cool:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Great start to the season, has to be said though Villa were a bit rubbish. Lauren James looked very, very good today.

Denis79

Didn't see this coming tbh. Fresh team with only a few months of training together. Very impressive!

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Very serious.
Poor Villa :lol:. It's right a new team shouldn't walk into the top league but it could be a cakewalk season for United if this is the genuine gulf in quality. I hope the girls enjoy bonding over these kind of demolition jobs.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
So to watch the women's team do we have to rely on watching opposition YouTube channels in the future then?
Villa's YouTube channel is the only way I've found to watch this.
When they can, I think MUTV will have the home games live - and they'll do highlights if they can't have it live.

The aways we're in the hands of our opponents really. The ground we're at today is owned by St Michaels - a team in the 9th tier of men's football. I doubt that highspeed broadband for live streaming, well located camera mounts etc are high on their everyday priorities. AVTV have at least taken a crack at it, but only (I suspect) because it's United.

Leigh's a big stadium, bigger than we realistically need right now. The advantage though is that it's a stadium used for pro Rugby, so broadcast facilities are ready for us to plug into and we're used to filming the U23s etc there.

GeorgieBoy

When they can, I think MUTV will have the home games live - and they'll do highlights if they can't have it live.

The aways we're in the hands of our opponents really. The ground we're at today is owned by St Michaels - a team in the 9th tier of men's football. I doubt that highspeed broadband for live streaming, well located camera mounts etc are high on their everyday priorities. AVTV have at least taken a crack at it, but only (I suspect) because it's United.

Leigh's a big stadium, bigger than we realistically need right now. The advantage though is that it's a stadium used for pro Rugby, so broadcast facilities are ready for us to plug into and we're used to filming the U23s etc there.
Brill! Thanks for that!

Grande

I've even managed to get my dad who is very stuck in his ways and not a lover of the women's game to describe the team as 'We'

This is a good day.
:lol: Leopard can change his spots after all ...

What a thoroughly concincing showing, not just the record numbers, but the entire playing style and attitude. Zelem with a commanding display, Baby James is something extra, Sigsworth a classical lone striker, and we didn’t even have our captain available.