Championship | United Women v Leicester | 10 March - United win 6-1

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

We played Leicester away a couple of weeks ago and won 0-7, so it's fair to say that we're favourites for this one. The top of the Championship table is so tight that any slip would be a big deal and we've got a tough month ahead. We're currently 5 points behind Spurs, but with two games in hand over them. That said, we are 5 points ahead of Durham and Charlton, and we have a game in hand over both of them - so we're looking good in our promotion chase.

The good news is that MUTV have the match live, despite the fact we've got Arsenal v United kicking off at 4:30.

After this one, we've got three aways:
17/03: Reading (A), FA Cup QF - Reading are a good WSL1 team
24/03: Charlton Athletic (A), League - currently 3rd
31/03: Tottenham Hotspur (A), League - currently 1st

Grande

We played Leicester away a couple of weeks ago and won 0-7, so it's fair to say that we're favourites for this one. That said, the top of the Championship table is so tight that any slip would be a big deal and we've got a tough month ahead. We're currently 5 points behind Spurs, but with two games in hand over them. That said, we are 5 points ahead of Durham and Charlton, and we have a game in hand over both of them - so we're looking good in our promotion chase.

The good news is that MUTV have the match live, despite the fact we've got Arsenal v United kicking off at 4:30.

After this one, we've got three aways:
17/03: Reading (A), FA Cup QF - Reading are a good WSL1 team
24/03: Charlton Athletic (A), League - currently 3rd
31/03: Tottenham Hotspur (A), League - currently 1st
Every match from now on will put to the test the lasses’ focus and consistency. Tottenham make George Graham and Mourinho look like they don’t know how to a achieve a 1-0 victory.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Biting cold wind blowing at times. I don't know if that accounts for some of the errors, but we did look sloppy in the second half. Yes, I do know it's ridiculous to say that about a team that won 6-1, but there's no doubt a stronger team would have capitalised on some of the defensive lapses. We're also not quite the same team when Zelem doesn't play - there's just that bit more solidity and shape to us when she's there.

Anyway. Job done! Another 3 points, another boost to the goal difference and the team did what it needed to in terms of keeping the pressure on Spurs and maintaining our promotion run.

No home matches until the middle of April now.

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Biting cold wind blowing at times. I don't know if that accounts for some of the errors, but we did look sloppy in the second half. Yes, I do know it's ridiculous to say that about a team that won 6-1, but there's no doubt a stronger team would have capitalised on some of the defensive lapses. We're also not quite the same team when Zelem doesn't play - there's just that bit more solidity and shape to us when she's there.

Anyway. Job done! Another 3 points, another boost to the goal difference and the team did what it needed to in terms of keeping the pressure on Spurs and maintaining our promotion run.

The weather can be a wind wind situation for either team according to klopp. Anyway great win. The next two away games can decide a lot.

Dudu

Oof. 6 goals. Well done girls! Looking forward to catching the highlights. :drool:

Yikes. Hopefully they're up for it!