Championship: United Women vs Durham | 30th Sept | 0-0

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

This is potentially our most difficult league fixture so far. They're an established WSL2/Championship team and unlike some of those we've played, they didn't go through major changes in the summer.

Their season so far:
WSL Cup - Reading 4-1 Durham
WSL Cup - Durham 1-0 Everton
WSL Cup - Durham 3-3 Liverpool (Liverpool won on penalties)

Championship - Sheffield United 0-2 Durham
Championship - Durham 2-2 Charlton

A comment from one of the clubs that have played us both. This comes from Reading's manager, Kelly Chambers, from her comments prior to our cup game with them - Reading played us in pre-season, so they already knew a bit about us.
“They (United) have got an exciting young team,” said the Royals boss.

“They’re very organised and even though their players have been in and around the WSL, they’re still a very young side and they’re going to be doing a lot of learning.

“They won’t be used to people like Durham that have been in the league for a long time, Durham know how to defend and they’re physical, they’re tough and they’re not easy to beat."

Grande

So, about the same results as we had against the same teams, one goal different in each of them.

You can just sense it’s going to be a different test to endure. It’s in the name, even. Where exactly is Durham?

Andersons Dietician

Not televised from the looks of it. Just checked through MUTV listings for the whole week and the only thing I can see is highlights of the reading and Shef Utd game at 6 am and 6:30am on Tuesday. You would think all our home games they would show on MUTV, never felt the need to phone in to the paddy show but I feel it brewing to complain about the coverage.

Grande

Not televised from the looks of it. Just checked through MUTV listings for the whole week and the only thing I can see is highlights of the reading and Shef Utd game at 6 am and 6:30am on Tuesday. You would think all our home games they would show on MUTV, never felt the need to phone in to the paddy show but I feel it brewing to complain about the coverage.
Could it be that they think more people wlll come to Leigh if it’s not on the telly? A phone call to Paddy is brewing ...

deissler

Could it be that they think more people wlll come to Leigh if it’s not on the telly? A phone call to Paddy is brewing ...
Probably. They may add in the schedule at the very last minute to encourage more people to physically go to the match. But I would like to see more people demand it on Mutv so people like me who are outside of the UK get to see them.

Reactions: Penna

Dudu

How the hell is this not on MUTV... So no method whatsoever to watch this game on tv??

How disappointing. Men's team is a joke, and now I can't even watch the women's team.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Third home match of the season, and the first one I can actually attend. I'm looking forward to it. A real shame about the MUTV thing though - it's not at all obvious why they can't broadcast it live.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Third home match of the season, and the first one I can actually attend. I'm looking forward to it. A real shame about the MUTV thing though - it's not at all obvious why they can't broadcast it live.
No, but they will show the West Ham game over and over again, when nobody wants to watch it. They really need to get their act together.

48 hours

Looks like MUTV are showing a repeat of the U23 match against Norwich...which wasn’t even a good match the first time

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Our club is a fecking joke, it's clear they don't actually care about the women's team, how can they not show it ffs.

dove

Our club is a fecking joke, it's clear they don't actually care about the women's team, how can they not show it ffs.
It costs to pay for rights, cameramen and a couple of reporters so we are probably talking about £5k loss. It's not like we are the richest club in the world...

DomesticTadpole

Sky are outside. I guess they're doing a "what do you think about Pogba and the manager." Hopefully people are telling them that Stoney doesn't need Pogba today.
How many will be there do you think? Get filming the goals if they aren't bothering to broadcast the game. :p

buchansleftleg

Half time and we have dominated, played with spirit and determination. Players have run for each other, done the simple things well and look motivated and hungry.

Casey for Manager!

Joking not joking ok maybe joking

DomesticTadpole

Good half from us, but still goalless, not for want of trying or opportunity though.
It was said this would be a hard game. Got the official Manchester United Women's twitter account. Absolutely nothing. The lineups and that is it. Amateur.

The twitter account has just told me 2 minutes ago that it is 0-0 at HT. About 25 minutes too late.

Last edited:

Schmiznurf

It was said this would be a hard game. Got the official Manchester United Women's twitter account. Absolutely nothing. The lineups and that is it. Amateur.

The twitter account has just told me 2 minutes ago that it is 0-0 at HT. About 25 minutes too late.
That account is pathetic tbh, they don't give a shit at all.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Birmingham v man city is on the BBC red button by the way guys. In case you're at a lose end. City only named 3 subs

Andersons Dietician

We need a goal alert system on the CAF if they aren’t going to air the woman’s games, is it still 0-0 people at the game?
I’m really surprised that it doesn’t seem like anyone thought it would be a good idea to make a documentary of this season for the woman’s team, from it getting announced all the way through. Think it would have been really intresting to see it all coming together and seeing how they all are at the media and sponsorship things they’ve had to attend.

Schmiznurf

It is ridiculous. The quality is what you'd expect of a site like this with a volunteer doing the social media. Not a club worth billions with dedicated paid social media people.
Exactly, it's not hard for them to make an effort but you can tell it's a chore to them.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Game finished 0-0. There was a missed penalty (Zelem I think) in the second half. And Halton had to be stretchered off not long after coming on as a sub.

Overall Durham were a solid team. We did everything though except score. James was the stand out player for me, with some great passes and great runs.

This team has scored 21 goals so far, and the two games I've been able to attend we've failed to score! Oh well, hopefully it's third time lucky against Charlton.

Andersons Dietician

Game finished 0-0. There was a missed penalty (Zelem I think) in the second half. And Halton had to be stretchered off not long after coming on as a sub.

Overall Durham were a solid team. We did everything though except score. James was the stand out player for me, with some great passes and great runs.

This team has scored 21 goals so far, and the two games I've been able to attend we've failed to score! Oh well, hopefully it's third time lucky against Charlton.
Thanks for the update. If you attend that Charlton game and they fail to score then we’ll know you are the jinx :lol:

Think a lot of people said Durham would be a hard game as they were a proper established team, would have liked to have seen the game to see how much better they were compared to the likes of Villa.