Championship: United Women vs London Bees | 6 Jan - United win 9-0

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

We're now into the return leg phase of the season, so we've already played London Bees once. We beat them 0-5 in the away game.

We're still top of the Championship, but it's very tight. We're on 25 points, ahead of Charlton on goal difference, but also with a game in hand over them. One point behind us you'll find Spurs and Durham. In other words, we need the win.

The Bees are currently fifth in the League, with a record of W5, D0, L6 - so they're top of the chasing pack.

Grande

We're now into the return leg phase of the season, so we've already played London Bees once. We beat them 0-5 in the away game.

We're still top of the Championship, but it's very tight. We're on 25 points, ahead of Charlton on goal difference, but also with a game in hand over them. One point behind us you'll find Spurs and Durham. In other words, we need the win.

The Bees are currently fifth in the League, with a record of W5, D0, L6 - so they're top of the chasing pack.
I fear Durham is going to be a tough nut to crack, and there is little mmargin for error when both Tottenham and Charlton keep winning as well.

Danish Wizard

I'm coming over from Denmark to see this match. What is the best way to go from the city centre til Leigh.? Train, bus or..?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
I'm coming over from Denmark to see this match. What is the best way to go from the city centre til Leigh.? Train, bus or..?
Are you in Manchester for the Reading game as well and staying in central Manchester or are you staying somewhere on the outskirts? Leigh Sports Village isn't an easy place to get to by public transport from central Manchester. Google gives a few options, but none of them particularly great - they all seem to involve a train + bus, or a couple of busses, I don't know if anyone knows of another option.

Danish Wizard

Are you in Manchester for the Reading game as well and staying in central Manchester or are you staying somewhere on the outskirts? Leigh Sports Village isn't an easy place to get to by public transport from central Manchester. Google gives a few options, but none of them particularly great - they all seem to involve a train + bus, or a couple of busses, I don't know if anyone knows of another option.
I'm also going to the FA Cup match vs Reading at Saturday, and is staying in the city centre.
Yeah I have checked the options through Google, and I know Leigh Sports Village is a bit difficult to get to. Was hoping for a great bit of advice maybe from a regular match.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
I'm also going to the FA Cup match vs Reading at Saturday, and is staying in the city centre.
Yeah I have checked the options through Google, and I know Leigh Sports Village is a bit difficult to get to. Was hoping for a great bit of advice maybe from a regular match.
It's not well located for public transport. Even by car, it's not a quick trip from some parts of Manchester - though parking/traffic queues are relatively easy compared to OT. I could help you get there from one of the tram stops, but can't help with the return trip, so that's not much use to you.

Lemti

#MUWomen team to face London Bees in today's @FAWC_ match (kick-off 14:00 GMT):

Chamberlain; Harris, M. Turner, Greenwood (c), Smith; Zelem, Toone, Green; Hanson, Arnot, Devlin.

Subs: Palmer, Sigsworth, Hartley, Ramsey, Roberts, James.

Andersons Dietician

Hanson is actually really really good, feel she is quite underrated. Wasn’t even in the last Scotland squad if I recall. Right foot, left foot she doesn’t care and just her general over all play.

Andersons Dietician

What a free kick. That was awesomely worked. Ole needs to send some scouts to the game and get the play book of Stoney out.

buchansleftleg

What a free kick. That was awesomely worked. Ole needs to send some scouts to the game and get the play book of Stoney out.
I have seriously been impressed with everything I've seen Casey do. Warm up drills, routines at free kicks. All very good!

The only thing that is a pain are some in the crowd still singing songs about Leeds....it's totally irrelevant these days...do they sing about fax machines?

Andersons Dietician

Lauren James is just ridiculously good. Doesn’t even really look like she is trying but she is just by far the best player on the pitch. That pass to Hanson for the 6th and just some of the things she had done before that.

Drawfull

I have seriously been impressed with everything I've seen Casey do. Warm up drills, routines at free kicks. All very good!

The only thing that is a pain are some in the crowd still singing songs about Leeds....it's totally irrelevant these days...do they sing about fax machines?
I was going to comment on some of the chants as it's a much different crowd to the Men's team - there's loads of young kids; not sure how I feel about the profanity really.

Last edited:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Yay finally found a stream. Looks like I missed loads of goals, but hopefully I can see some more