Championship: United Women vs London Bees | 6 Jan - United win 9-0

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Wow! Just had a look at the M.E.N and there is nothing. They have blogs for mens U18 and U-23 yet nothing for the womens. Not very good.
Sounds like the app I normally use for football fixtures and news. Best it had was the top division, no luck with our division. Means I never remember or know the right time for a games kick off.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Sounds like the app I normally use for football fixtures and news. Best it had was the top division, no luck with our division. Means I never remember or know the right time for a games kick off.
It's terrible that their local paper cannot even show much of an interest.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Aye, it's a bit disappointing. The Guardian have ramped up their coverage this season of Women's stuff - hopefully it's because there'll be an uptick in interest next season once we're promoted.
You would think they could spare one person to go and cover a game. Especially with the rising interest in the women's game.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
MUTV site shows your local time. And Google maintains an accurate table.
Yeh, but both those I have to go looking for, where I have gotten used to an app to push the notifications and live scores etc through to me. Would just be nice for the Women's team to be given a bit more coverage

Andersons Dietician

Looks like most have them have taken Bailly as their tackling coach. :lol:
This is true they really don’t hold back do they, I think since I’ve started watching woman’s football I’ve seen more crunching tackles this season than I can recall seeing in top flight football over the last few years.

Was pretty impressed with their Goalie which is weird to say when they conceded 9 but she had some good saves, diving at feet and pretty decent hands. Got close to Zelems penalty. Toussant was good as well, maybe not so much quality but effort and her ability to get forward.

Andersons Dietician

GD is 48.
Spurs are on 11
Charlton and Durham played an extra game and are on 20 and 19

That GD is just incredible.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You would think they could spare one person to go and cover a game. Especially with the rising interest in the women's game.
There simply isn't the interest in it. Even on this forum it's scarce for a thread to pass the second page.

buchansleftleg

This is true they really don’t hold back do they, I think since I’ve started watching woman’s football I’ve seen more crunching tackles this season than I can recall seeing in top flight football over the last few years.

Was pretty impressed with their Goalie which is weird to say when they conceded 9 but she had some good saves, diving at feet and pretty decent hands. Got close to Zelems penalty. Toussant was good as well, maybe not so much quality but effort and her ability to get forward.
I think their goalie probably dominated their possession, with Touissant in second place. The rest of their team actively ran away from the ball at times, they were so intimidated.

That is what has impressed me most about Casey stoney and the team. At 8-0 down they could not fight their way out of their own penalty area we were pressing them so hard.

They have performed like that even when Phil Neville isn't there watching for England.

I think that's why Lauren came on, she gave an absolute masterclass in passing...she tore them apart. I actually thought she was going to do an Ole and come on and score 4.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

A bit of a brutal scoreline, yet the Bees weren't terrible, we were just better than them and stayed that way throughout the 90 minutes.

A lot of players got a good run out and hopefully some of them got a bit of rest to make sure they're ready for Wednesday.

pacifictheme

Funny how the bbc ran stories about how we didn't havr a womans team and how bad it was but now we do thry don't cover us, or if they do its certainly not easy to find...

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I had to miss the game yesterday due to work but happy to see us win convincingly again. In to Wednesday. We have to be contenders for the league cup you'd think