Championship: United Women vs Millwall | 25 Nov | United win 8-0

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
A win for United will send us to the top of the Championship. We're currently 2 points behind Spurs, with a game in hand, but Spurs don't have a match this week.

Millwall are currently bottom of the table, with one point and a goal difference of -27. It's fair to say we'll be favourites.
Millwall Ladies have a long history by women's team standards. Founded in 1972, the year after the FA lifted its ban on women's football. They were adopted officially by Millwall FC in the 80s, possibly as a PR move given that Millwall were more famous for having violent, obnoxious fans, rather than for having a positive community influence (or a good football team).

They had a lot of changes in their squad in the summer - including losing Charlie Devlin who came to us. It looks like whereas our team came together remarkably quickly, theirs is still finding its way. That doesn't mean we don't have to win it, I'm sure they'll want to make us work for the points.

RedPamie

Millwall is in a bad shape right now. Losing many players during the summer did damage I guess. Notable ex players are our own Charlie Devlin and Rhianna Dean of Spurs.

We should win this and go top.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Going to be a large crowd today according to the ticket office!

Denis Irwin here watching too!
He was always one of my favourites. I'll go and play "spot the Denis' at some point :D

Leigh's such a nice stadium for us really - just a shame that is such an awkward location for a lot of the (potential) fans.

Full strength team today - Casey's not letting the momentum slip

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
:drool: Our ladies are magnificent. I'd prefer SAF watch them play instead of the dross served up by our first team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Who's our top scorer for the Ladies this season?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Who's our top scorer for the Ladies this season?
I've got the scorers down (as of now) as:

9 - Sigsworth
8 - Green
5 - James
4 - Arnot, Zelem
3 - Hanson, Toone
2 - Greenwood
1 - Devlin, M.Turner

Might be a bit out but that is what I gathered from the threads.

Andersons Dietician

Noooooo I didn’t even realise this was on and was wasting my time watching the arsenal game. Just turned on at the 92nd minute.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I was going to go over 9.5 goals so quite happy in the end
Was originally going to go for 8-0 as well but went for 10 at the last minute! :annoyed: Still, if I'd gone for 8-0, they would have scored 10. Cashed out to get a bit more than my fiver back so no harm done.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I've got the scorers down (as of now) as:

9 - Sigsworth
8 - Green
5 - James
4 - Arnot, Zelem
3 - Hanson, Toone
2 - Greenwood
1 - Devlin, M.Turner

Might be a bit out but that is what I gathered from the threads.
Cheers for that, I remember Sigsworth scoring non-stop in the first couple of games but I haven't watched any for a while.