Chants for ETH

Prodigal7

It seems to be a cultural thing in our fan base where, unlike most other clubs, we don’t chant for the manager. I don’t recall ever hearing one even for SAF.

ETH IMO deserves more love and respect than anyone else for lifting us to where we are now, a position I definitely didn’t think would be possible in the dark days of last year.

Can we, and are we willing to give him a song? What should it be?

Member 125398

It seems to be a cultural thing in our fan base where, unlike most other clubs, we don’t chant for the manager. I don’t recall ever hearing one even for SAF.

ETH IMO deserves more love and respect than anyone else for lifting us to where we are now, a position I definitely didn’t think would be possible in the dark days of last year.

????!!!!

Member 125398

I’m a relatively young non season ticket holder so no, I really can’t recall one. Enlighten me?
Fergie's red army, walking in a Fergie wonderland, every single one of us loves Alex Ferguson.

Swiss_Red89

Honest question, was a chant ever created through one of the proposals on a redcafe thread?
Or are they normally created spontaneously while being on the piss with the lads? :lol:
Or is there a part of matchgoing fans who regularly tries to create new chants?

kps88

I can remember chants for all our managers except Ralf.

Does ETH get a "ETH's red army"?

Prodigal7

Fergie's red army, walking in a Fergie wonderland, every single one of us loves Alex Ferguson.
Now that you mention it the second one rings a bell. I’m not saying people don’t love SAF, just that manager chants aren’t as prominent here as with other clubs.

Skills

Snitch
Eugh, it worked out great the last few times we did this.

The Mourinho song's one of the worst football chants ever. Was like a funeral march constantly ringing around Old Trafford

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

We had one for Ole as well

and Mourinho

and Van Gaal

and Moyes

and Fergie

but apart from all the managers we've had a chant for, we don't really do chants for managers

Last edited:

bosniamanutd

I love seeing Crystal Palace, arsenal, Chelsea fans cry. It s my daily medicine,weekly energy, my monthly inspiration and my yearly motivation. That is the only reason I m still alive, I was born to enjoy and love their failure"
Bravo ETH

Prodigal7

and Mourinho

and Van Gaal

and Moyes

and Fergie

but apart from all the managers we've had a chant for, we don't really do chants for managers
Ok so just me being ignorant to them then. I never seem to hear them the few times I go to OT each season. Still, would be great to give some air time to the ETH one.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Ok so just me being ignorant to them then. I never seem to hear them the few times I go to OT each season. Still, would be great to give some air time to the ETH one.
I feel the Moyes and Ole's one got quite a few airings at pretty much every match. Not really heard the Ten Hag one much other than clips from in bars - do think he could have a better one but don't know what.

GregM40

Erik Ten Hags Red and White Army gets going most games, doesn’t really roll of the tongue though.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Solskjær had one… mourinho had one. Depends on the name and wether it fits with a chant or not.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

and Mourinho

and Van Gaal

and Moyes

and Fergie

For some reason that Moyes chant was stuck in my head the other day. :lol:

RedDevilRoshi

Honest question, was a chant ever created through one of the proposals on a redcafe thread?
Or are they normally created spontaneously while being on the piss with the lads? :lol:
Or is there a part of matchgoing fans who regularly tries to create new chants?
Not sure but I think this applies here which even looking at Erik’s reaction, he looks disappointed & probably thinking - “jeez, is this the best you cnuts can come up with” :lol: