Charlie McCann / signs for Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Joking about a little girl who was kidnapped presumed murdered isn't a joke wether that be on the internet or play ground. And don't tell me to 'shush' it's better if you put me on mute.
:lol: wow

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Leaves United permanently and joins Ranger B for 750K.

Ekeke

Good luck to him, decent player. Not often the standout in the team but I've seen several performances where hes in the top 2 or 3

lysglimt

Scout
I think it's good we don't keep players too long - and also that our young players join good sides when they leave - makes it a lot easier to attract more youngsters in the future if they see that they can go to topclubs if they don't make it at United. McCann is a talented lad - but can I see him becoming a regular at United ? No. He is not at the same level as Hannibal, Garner, Galbraith (or Iqbal and Hansen Aarøen for that matter)

foolsgold

Fine, better 750k than nothing. Never hurts to recover some money from the academy.

Watched a bit of him on MUTV, never saw anything that suggested he would make it here.

Hopefully we put a resale / % of profit clause in.

Good luck to the boy regardless.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This is the position we want to be in. Ideally we want the players at the club to be at such a high level that even the players we're happy to let go are draws for other decent sized clubs. We can make a good profit off of that and re-invest it into the academy/team.

Chelsea and Liverpool already do this very well.

Beaucoup

This is the position we want to be in. Ideally we want the players at the club to be at such a high level that even the players we're happy to let go are draws for other decent sized clubs. We can make a good profit off of that and re-invest it into the academy/team.

100% agree, 750K is a good fee considering we probably paid no more than 100k for him a few years ago

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

I think the direction under Ferguson was that he would rather us take lesser money if it means the players goes to a better club for the sake of their future.

But yes, it's much nicer to see us actually making some money on academy player transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.