Charlie Nicholas

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I dont think this bloke gets enough ridicule, I mean he's as bad if not worse than Merson. Take this for example

"I thought Harry Maguire was average, he did everything that was asked of him. He was efficient and got about the pitch, but I don't want to hear nonsense about him being a leader and strong on the pitch already, it is too soon. He has started well, but I am suspect about the right-back and left-back positions at Man Utd. Chelsea could have easily scored two or three. I am still not convinced by Manchester United and I would still sell Paul Pogba."
He predicts we'll loose 2-1 to Wolves. Compare that to his thoughts on Arsenal

I am extremely happy with Arsenal's start to the season and the way the market has gone. We have to wait on a couple of players getting fit, but I genuinely do think that Arsenal are going to be a tremendously exciting team going forward this year. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is up and running, while Alexandre Lacazette and Nicolas Pepe will add to this.

I think what Unai Emery has now after a year is very promising. People can debate whether you spend £300m or £1m, whatever it may be, but you can improve the team with coaching and create the right togetherness. He has identified that they are weak at the back, and that is going to take time so he will try to improve that. To counteract that he needs a plan B and that is to score as many goals as they can.

He was the PSG manager with some explosive stars. Emery couldn't control it and neither could the players, and PSG may win titles but they do not threaten anywhere else. Is the project working there? It's not. He has a project at Arsenal that he trusts and believes he can go somewhere. Burnley had a great weekend, there is no doubt about that. They have to start well at the Emirates and will give it a good go, but Arsenal will get the win.
He's gone for Arsenal to win 4-1

He obviously has a history of outlandish comments as well

Tom Van Persie

No relation
How could anyone have watched that game and thought to themselves 'Maguire looks average' :lol:

Red_toad

How could anyone have watched that game and thought to themselves 'Maguire looks average' :lol:
He was probably looking at his hair in the mirror for half the same. Bloke is completely up himself and lord knows how he got a commentary gig.

Zoo

He's very bitter when it comes to United and not in an entertaining way. Probably thinks we're still in the early noughties.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I hope this thread is alive and well when Arsenal flatter to deceive eventually.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What’s this?
That Arsenal paid for over the odds for him and Celtic got lucky with getting that amount of money, that while he will make Arsenal better is he good enough long term, just in general being very dismissive of the whole transfer and Tierney as a player. Nicholas is everything but a Scottish football fan, he comes across as an absolute pillock when talking about Scotland or the Scottish game and doesn't support football up here at all.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That Arsenal paid for over the odds for him and Celtic got lucky with getting that amount of money, that while he will make Arsenal better is he good enough long term, just in general being very dismissive of the whole transfer and Tierney as a player. Nicholas is everything but a Scottish football fan, he comes across as an absolute pillock when talking about Scotland or the Scottish game and doesn't support football up here at all.
Ah okay. Always thought that Tierney would be a good signing for us.

charlenefan

Wow given his glowing assessment of anything to do with Arsenal I'm surprised he didn't suggest Tierney was Maldini reborn

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ah okay. Always thought that Tierney would be a good signing for us.
So did I, and when Arsenal started being linked I thought we should have been moving Heaven and Earth to get him. Arsenal have got a very good and promising young player.

Wow given his glowing assessment of anything to do with Arsenal I'm surprised he didn't suggest Tierney was Maldini reborn
Yeah I was expecting him to may over-exaggerate but I couldn't believe how dismissive he was. Okay he might not be the best left back in the country, but he's a very good young player who will get better playing in a more difficult league.

Nialinho

How he can say sh*t about our defense with their crop of defenders I do not know..

I actually think the appeal of Soccer Saturday is that it's more like mates chatting at the pub than real analysis from football experts :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure which game he was watching if he thought Maguire was average and also he might be in hibernation for so long. Good chance he thinks Young is our RB.

RedDevilRoshi

I was just going to start a thread about this stupid man.

I thought Merson was bad at times but this twat takes it to a whole new level when it comes to being biased! Virtually spat my lunch out reading his predictions! Guy is simply an utter bellend!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I watched it last weekend for the first time in about five years. Everyone looks really old and haggard, it was so bad.
Take Jeff Sterling out and you have a bunch of old men sitting in a pub watching TV

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The Soccer Saturday bunch are getting less relevant with every passing weekend. They don't know the current scene anymore. Their opinions are usually so dated it's laughable.

izzydiggler

I really don’t get why people get so worked up about pundits giving opinions - he was trending on Twitter earlier and now there’s threads on here...you’re just giving them exactly what they want, attention. If you don’t like Soccer Saturday/Sunday Supplement or other platforms these people have, just don’t watch them.

romufc

I stopped watching Soccer Saturday because of the pure crap some of these pundits speak.

Charlie and Merse are completely anti Manutd for no reason whatsoever. And then there is the other chap who think Liverpool can do no wrong.

Djemba-Djemba

The Soccer Saturday bunch are getting less relevant with every passing weekend. They don't know the current scene anymore. Their opinions are usually so dated it's laughable.
They desperately need to change up the panel.

I know they occasionally have someone different on now and then but it's basically been the same 4 clowns for about 10 years now. I mean fecking hell Thompson was playing when it was 2 points for a win.

It's very very stale.

charlenefan

I really don’t get why people get so worked up about pundits giving opinions - he was trending on Twitter earlier and now there’s threads on here...you’re just giving them exactly what they want, attention. If you don’t like Soccer Saturday/Sunday Supplement or other platforms these people have, just don’t watch them.
I'd imagine he was trending for the same reason I started this thread and given the thread was started about a written piece telling me to not watch them is slightly irrelevant