Charlie Nicholas

Robin Your Persie

His Liverpool prediction :lol:

Says he can see Athletico sneaking a goal yet predicts Liverpool to win 2-0 :houllier:

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Not the maddest statement, not seen us play well once away in the Europa this year, We lost away at Astana ffs

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I swear he's doing it just for the thread bumps now :mad:

His preview for our game (and semi review of our win over City)

LASK have a good reputation, which is only building. They are a fairly decent side. Again on Saturday, we were talking about Manchester United and whether they had turned a corner. They were vulnerable but Manchester City were so bad, even having so much possession.

They are still a side better suited to being a counter-attacking team. United have competition for places, their defence has improved and there is more momentum building. they have had a kind draw, but it will not be a walk in the park. It will be a score draw.

Compare that to his thoughts on Arsenal who were eliminated by Olympiakos (when predicting the Wolves game)

Olympiakos are unpredictable but they were decent at home to Arsenal for around 45 minutes. Arsenal were so poor at home, but credit to them they kept going and nicked a goal. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang should have scored to put them out.

Prick
He's the worst little irrelevant shite bag clinging on to some ancient fame he had for a shite haircut.

While tramps like him remain permissed to spout utter shite Skys stock will continue to drop.

If we play a second team we might draw one one but let's be honest who the actual fcuk had heard of Lask before the draw and I include him the little midget

RedorDead21

With an under 23's side
He predicts us to lose every week but we’ve brought it on ourselves. We’ve shot ourselves in the foot so often we don’t have a foot to stand on now to bat away all the critics. If we can finally stop dropping points against lower ranked teams he’ll have to change his sometimes accurate pieces on us.

Last edited:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He predicts us to lose every week but we’ve brought it on ourselves. We’ve shot ourselves in the foot so often we don’t have a foot to stand on now to bat away all the critics. If we can finally stop dropping points against lower ranked teams he’ll have to change his sometimes accurate pieces on us.
We're on a 9 game unbeaten run and due to play some unknown Austrian team.

Little prick

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sorry but I couldn't not post this

I predicted a Bournemouth win against Newcastle and they got absolutely hammered. I am a fan of Josh King - he has good attributes but is a player low in confidence. Dominic Solanke played alongside him. I forgot he was there. He works hard but is so short in confidence too.

That was the last thing Bournemouth needed when they were in the position they are. Will Nathan Ake be off to a bigger club? He is a great footballer but not a great defender. I saw the vulnerabilities against Newcastle, but he is their best defender. Bournemouth can make life easy for you.

This is a comfortable home win. Bournemouth are gifting chances to the teams around them. Eddie Howe does not have a Plan B, but they do not really suit any other way of playing. I think it is going to be plain-sailing for Manchester United, and another bad day for Bournemouth's goal-difference.

The key ingredient is Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes finding passes, whether they play into feet or in behind. It gives you variety and options. Mason Greenwood adds another dimension. It is breathtaking seeing the options they are now getting.

They are still not as solid at the back, though. Has David De Gea improved? No. The full-backs aren't great defenders, and you can also get space in behind Nemanja Matic and Pogba. You can get at them but it's working for United at the moment, and Pogba has an attitude that says he wants to be back in the team. He is ticking over nicely.

United have the momentum, and that momentum will make them believe they can make the top four. It is looking like they will at the moment, even though they are still a way short of Manchester City and Liverpool.

I applaud what Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has done and they look to be in a good position. Let's see if they can finish it off. Have they got great choices on the bench? Not as much as they did have, but their fixtures have been good and I expect their form to continue here.

Fecking what? AWB isn't a great defender? WTF?

Red Stone

What a fecking tool. He'd be way closer to the mark if he said AWB was the best defensive right back on the planet right now. There aren't many better. His tackling and interception stats are off the charts, and he's very clean too. Rarely fouls despite winning possession constantly.

Also, "He's a great footballer, but not a great defender... but he's their best defender." Editors across the globe would have an aneurysm reading that shite.

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That’s screams someone who doesn’t really watch games and just waffles. Those lads just turn up on a Saturday and have a laugh. No research at all. If he watched United at all, he wouldn’t be saying that about AWB, even one game would tell you his obvious strengths.

He also predicted a win for Bournemouth, and is now an expert in why they didn’t win. Very harsh on Ake too, who is playing in a sub-par backline.

flappyjay

Maybe he meant not great attackers.
Nah he is talking about our vulnerability at the back. Hence why he mentioned de Gea and then proceeded to say our fullbacks are not good defenders

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Sky really need to revamp soccer Saturday if they’re going to continue with it, and quickly. They’re all absolute dinosaurs, including Jeff. I’d switched to the BT Sport version anyway, it just seems much more modern

YAMS49

This guy is a complete joke, AWB not a great defender? Someone there has to call him out on this rubbish surely?

Him and Merson must still be on the drink.

agree about refreshing the lineup, he’s truly appalling and needs shipping off. No insight at all, pure waffle.

RUCK4444

That’s screams someone who doesn’t really watch games and just waffles. Those lads just turn up on a Saturday and have a laugh. No research at all. If he watched United at all, he wouldn’t be saying that about AWB, even one game would tell you his obvious strengths.

He also predicted a win for Bournemouth, and is now an expert in why they didn’t win. Very harsh on Ake too, who is playing in a sub-par backline.
This. I bet the football he does watch is the clips and highlights being shown in the studio and the odd game he’s forced to sit through on soccer Saturday.

I Don’t think for a moment he actually sits and watches football matches.

Another clown on Sky that I just mentally mute whenever he opens his mouth. That goes for most of them though.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Sky really need to revamp soccer Saturday if they’re going to continue with it, and quickly. They’re all absolute dinosaurs, including Jeff. I’d switched to the BT Sport version anyway, it just seems much more modern

I can't do with either at the moment. You have the dinosaurs on Sky spouting their crap but BT winds me up constantly with Savage and Sutton's bickering and attempts to be funny. I tend to switch to the one that doesn't annoy me as much.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I've genuinely seen posters on this forum who have better football knowledge than those "pundits". I don't understand how they're all still employed

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Nah he is talking about our vulnerability at the back. Hence why he mentioned de Gea and then proceeded to say our fullbacks are not good defenders
Haven't watched the show in nearly five years for good reason.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
My favourite Charlie Nicholas-ism is still when he predicted Cameroon would win the 2010 World Cup due to their advantage of it being played in Africa.

Said that on live telly and everything. The panel around him acted as if that was a totally plausible prediction. Mad.

Utdstar01

:lol: He's such a bitter cnut. The other week he was saying he's not convinced by us and that we would fall apart again. Now he's saying Our fullbacks are poor. He's desperate.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How can you be this clueless and still be employed by a massive sports channel like Sky.

I watch a lot of American and Australian sports productions which shits all over ours - seriously, this is the best our country can do? A couple of clueless dinosaurs talking shit like any one of us would do down the pub.

dbs235

Soccer Saturday is just them all having a laugh to be honest. Then the studio for actual live games tend to be a lot more serious and professional. Whereas BT is definitely going down a more relaxed/modern route.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
My favourite Charlie Nicholas-ism is still when he predicted Cameroon would win the 2010 World Cup due to their advantage of it being played in Africa.

Said that on live telly and everything. The panel around him acted as if that was a totally plausible prediction. Mad.
No way he said this. :lol:

neilv93

How can you be this clueless and still be employed by a massive sports channel like Sky.

I watch a lot of American and Australian sports productions which shits all over ours - seriously, this is the best our country can do? A couple of clueless dinosaurs talking shit like any one of us would do down the pub.
To be fair to Sky, Nev and Carra are excellent and I personally don't mind Jamie Redknapp. But otherwise, agreed - the standard of analysis across the pond (particularly with the NBA) is just light-years ahead of the football 'punditry' we get in the UK. Honestly, when Jose was out of work post-Utd/pre-Spurs it was the best the analysis got on Sky. Wenger, too, is excellent on (I think) beIN.