Charlie Wellens

KevinJoh

Teenager Charlie Wellens - son of Richie - training with the #MUFC first-team this morning

So, maybe a reason to start a thread about the boy. Not sure who else is training with the team as I thought that a few midfielders would be above him in pecking order, not only Garner, but Levitt, Galbraith,...

Already taken by press
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ll-news/man-utd-charlie-wellens-wiki-16937875

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Teenager Charlie Wellens - son of Richie - training with the #MUFC first-team this morning

So, maybe a reason to start a thread about the boy. Not sure who else is training with the team as I thought that a few midfielders would be above him in pecking order, not only Garner, but Levitt, Galbraith,...

Already taken by press
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ll-news/man-utd-charlie-wellens-wiki-16937875
Garner was with the first team.

Bertie Wooster

Had to search into page 5 for the Wellens thread, with the last post almost 18 months ago.

I was interested to see what people thought of him, but there's no posts about his ability. I'm not too surprised by the lack of posts he's generated, TBH, as I can't really work him out.

All the other wide players in our youth and senior team have pace and individual threat running with the ball. Wellens seems more in the Beckham style of a number 7 - someone who could also play in CM and doesn't have great pace or dribbling abilities but can deliver a ball into the box (but not at the level of Becks). He looks a hard working, tidy player, but he doesn't seem to offer much threat for a wide player.

Interested to hear what others think of his ability and potential?

Mickson

Had to search into page 5 for the Wellens thread, with the last post almost 18 months ago.

I was interested to see what people thought of him, but there's no posts about his ability. I'm not too surprised by the lack of posts he's generated, TBH, as I can't really work him out.

All the other wide players in our youth and senior team have pace and individual threat running with the ball. Wellens seems more in the Beckham style of a number 7 - someone who could also play in CM and doesn't have great pace or dribbling abilities but can deliver a ball into the box (but not at the level of Becks). He looks a hard working, tidy player, but he doesn't seem to offer much threat for a wide player.

Interested to hear what others think of his ability and potential?
That's pretty much how I see him too. Very little end product or I should rather say: Very few times he is around a goalscoring opportunites even. Good footballer though.

Bigsid

Stop being negative about kids. These are only professional footballers on 5-10 bags a week.

Mylock

Interesting move by the coaches in moving Charlie Wellens up to the u23's. He's playing right back and has really taken to it. I've been very impressed with him since the move up, maybe he has found his position, he could be a late developer like McT.