Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidDeSchmikes

Either a bore 0-0 draw OR
A 1-1 draw, with Liverpool scoring a questionable penalty, and City scoring with an offside goal, with City and Liverpool resorting to long balls. Plus Klopp and Pep get sent to the stands, Aguero is sent off for diving, Henderson is sent off for dissent.
In the post match interview, Klopp rages about the offside goal (and because he is playing a Manchester team) and makes references about 'that offside goal at Old Trafford', and goes on a Rafa-esque ramble about referees live on Sky. Pep, on the other hand, proclaims the result as his proudest since the draw with Everton. RAWK and Bluemoon go into simultaneous meltdowns.
Both teams get docked 10 points for failing to control their players, and Pep and Klopp get a 5 match touchline ban.....

I may have got carried away a bit
P.S Arsenal lose their early relegation six pointer with Bournemouth:p;)
:D

Reactions: SteveJ

Von Mistelroum

I'll settle for a draw where there are a few (non serious) injuries, and a mass brawl which involves the referee and heavy bans on both sides......otherwise, City win if I have to....

themoyesboy

City win would be the worst result. Liverpool ain't winning the title with that defence. We need City to be dropping points in games like this. We know the scousers are bound to take some points off us.

Kapardin

Guardiola on Liverpool today:

“Even though they didn’t win the Premier League since a long, long, long time ago, every season they are one of the contenders, no doubts about that.”
OK, I would definitely prefer City to win, if not a draw.:lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Sorry guys but I would take a Liverpool win tomorrow all day long. Create more distance between us and everybody's favourites for the title and create some aggro for Pep and the Berties early in the season. They only just scraped past Bournemouth and huffed and puffed against Brighton and Everton so a loss against the Pool would create some well needed tension in the camp and make Bluemoon great reading tomorrow especially if we beat Stoke later. I'm not worried about Liverpool as I'm sure they'll fade latter half of the season. So taking out our biggest rival at this stage has to be good business. I'll take a draw as well though.

Really it's a win-win situation to be fair....but only if we win tomorrow.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Draw tomorrow is best result.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The worst thing about this game is that we won't be able to see both managers have a post match meltdown. Hopefully its a draw.

Red Stone

I'll be cheering for both teams to get convicted of match fixing and subsequently relegated to League 2.

Classical Mechanic

I prefer a Liverpool win. I want to see baldy get a lot of early season set backs. Liverpool aren't good enough to win the league if they are confident or not

Dr. StrangeHate

I don't expect Liverpool to be champions, they will mess up at one point. City however are favourites for me.
So my preferences:
1) Liverpool win
2) Draw
3) City win
I will never cheer a Liverpool goal, but will be happy if they win.

Andersons Dietician

Loyalties aside it's a fascinating game. Liverpool are built to destroy a team like City and might fill their boots. However I could see City doing the same to Liverpool. I'm thinking it'lol be a high scoring game something like 4-4

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
At this stage of season draw is best.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'd say I want a 0-0 but I don't want either to get a clean sheet :angel:

Bogga

This is like having to choose between eating poo or puke. A draw would be nice, but if not I'd actually want city to win by 5-0 and a couple of red cards

lsd

The Oracle
More worried about Liverpool than city despite city's squad.Pep is a disaster manager in my opinion and won't be at City next season.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
As I personally think we'll be closer to Liverpool in May than City, I'm going for a draw first, or City win.

Paul_Scholes18

If we beat Stoke I don't find a convincing Liverpool win only for them to get on top of themselves and then get spanked by Burnley in the next game ;). Nothing beats Liverpool fecking it up after some great wins.

Paul_Scholes18

I'd say I want a 0-0 but I don't want either to get a clean sheet :angel:
1-1 then with 2 own goals. Mendy to feck up by passing the ball back to fast with Ederson slipping up and letting it in. Liverpool look like they can get some slip up revenge, but in the 93 minute Henderson equalize with a great header from a corner.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Logically a big defeat for City would be the best result for us because they are realistic title challengers, Pool simply are not.

Can't bring myself to cheer for Liverpool though. Best result would be a draw with loads of contentious decisions, where we're blamed by both in some insane conspiracy theories.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Draw. City win. North Korean missiles hitting. Aliens destroying Earth. Liverpool win.

Jaapster

Liverpool to win utter bollocks i want those llama bumming fiends relegated , i also want city as close as possible last game of the season so we can
stop those kin AGUEROOOO adverts

themoyesboy

Logically a big defeat for City would be the best result for us because they are realistic title challengers, Pool simply are not.
Imagine if Liverpool were playing City in the second last game of the season:

We are one point clear of City at the top.
City have played one game fewer.
Liverpool are struggling for Europa league qualification.

I think I could live with a Liverpool win over City in that scenario.

We all know City will be one of our main contenders for the title, if we believe we can win it. I just don't understand people saying Liverpool winning tomorrow is the least desirable outcome. Their defence is shocking and you don't win league titles if you can't defend, as Liverpool's proud title drought record demonstrates.

The interests of United always come first to me. I don't give a flying feck if that means Liverpool fans have a good day tomorrow.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
People are dismissing the scousers too easily. They will score more goals than anyone else, so all their defence needs to be is average.

MoskvaRed

It's win win. A Liverpool win would be fine - I don't see them as serious rivals while a home defeat for City would crank up the scrutiny on Guardiola. But, if it goes the other way, seeing Liverpool lose is always fun.

Spark

City winning the league doesn't actually bother me at all.

Liverpool being close to winning the league (never experienced them actually winning it thank the gods) is fully excruciating.

Therefore, draw followed by city win every time. With red cards and both managers sent out the stadium being ideal.

RedCurry

Is there a place I can put my money on Klopp doing some melodramatic hug with Coutinho for the cameras?

Morpheus 7

Draw, both drop points and red cards to key players. It's the start of the season, feck the two of them. It's more important what we do.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Imagine if Liverpool were playing City in the second last game of the season:

We are one point clear of City at the top.
City have played one game fewer.
Liverpool are struggling for Europa league qualification.

I think I could live with a Liverpool win over City in that scenario.

We all know City will be one of our main contenders for the title, if we believe we can win it. I just don't understand people saying Liverpool winning tomorrow is the least desirable outcome. Their defence is shocking and you don't win league titles if you can't defend, as Liverpool's proud title drought record demonstrates.

The interests of United always come first to me. I don't give a flying feck if that means Liverpool fans have a good day tomorrow.
Can't fault the logic, it's just......there's something not right about hoping for a Liverpool win. It gives me the same queezy feeling I get when I've eaten too much takeaway

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I want all top 6'ish teams to lose points, so a draw is best for us.
I'll be happy with a fairly entertianing 3-3, all goals offside, and some suspensions.
AND EBOLA!

Cal?

CR7 fan
Mass brawl resulting in an abandoned match with suspensions and points docked on both sides

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
I fear City a lot more than Liverpool so I'd rather they win since they'll probably be gassed by New Years anyway

notcool

Supports
a
I cheer them on most games anyway. Come on, how good is Klopp? I'd say he's about a 20% better coach than Mourinho, maybe even 30%.
That's right, motherfecker. You got ding-dong, trilly-trolled.

Draw > City win > match abandoned > Scouse win

I don't really care what City do but the thought of Liverpool ever winning the league again sickens me.

Status
Not open for further replies.