Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Why is it ok to hope players miss games through suspension but not injury?

A little pulled hamstring never hurt anyone (actually, it hurts everyone but feck it).

Schneckerl

I care more about winning the title than whether Liverpool has a shit or decent season

barmyarmy

Draw would set us perfectly having 5 pts lead over both after just 4 matches (believing we win our match later at stoke).

daveskimufc

Heard some idiot on talks port saying how Liverpool this year would.......and I quote......"rinse" Barcelona this year.
Joke....but I keep forgetting they r probably right since this year is their year :rolleyes:

Cal?

CR7 fan

A little pulled hamstring never hurt anyone (actually, it hurts everyone but feck it).
Personally I hope they all miss drug tests and despite proving they're all clean afterwards, get 8 month bans. :D

crossy1686

career ending
Because there's not a clear advantage for United if either one of them wins, I'm having a very hard time thinking about the possibility of being happy if one of them does. For that reason, and this probably won't help us in the long run, a draw with a couple of red cards. With this being post international break, it's got draw written all over it.

Bwuk

It's far too early to be concerned about the result.

I'll go with a entertaining 5-5. It's more important we do our job later on.

Drifter

American
Call me old fashioned .But i'll be cheering on Man Utd .

BigBebe

Either a bore 0-0 draw OR
A 1-1 draw, with Liverpool scoring a questionable penalty, and City scoring with an offside goal, with City and Liverpool resorting to long balls. Plus Klopp and Pep get sent to the stands, Aguero is sent off for diving, Henderson is sent off for dissent.
In the post match interview, Klopp rages about the offside goal (and because he is playing a Manchester team) and makes references about 'that offside goal at Old Trafford', and goes on a Rafa-esque ramble about referees live on Sky. Pep, on the other hand, proclaims the result as his proudest since the draw with Everton. RAWK and Bluemoon go into simultaneous meltdowns.
Both teams get docked 10 points for failing to control their players, and Pep and Klopp get a 5 match touchline ban.....

I may have got carried away a bit
P.S Arsenal lose their early relegation six pointer with Bournemouth:p;)
:D
I wasn't going to watch but you have made it sound very appealing.

Miscemayl

City score an early offside goal which turns the match into an ugly slug fest. Hard rough tackles flying in, yellow galore. Then last minute Edmundo gets sent off for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

They brawl, few red cards (or second yellows). Klopp and Pep fights it out, both sent to stand.

Liverpool score, making it 1-1.

Both teams lose their next game without key players.

In order of preference, draw > Liverpool win > City win. City is a big threat, Liverpool will run out of steam with their squad.

Al-T

Bitters v Dippers! I look forward to seeing both Rawk and/or Blue moon bemoaning the 'massively United biased' media /referee/linesman /commentators.

PoTMS

Why has everyone convinced themselves Liverpool aren't title contenders? Sure they don't have the best defence but they have arguably the best attack in the league, so they'll win games 4-3 if they have to. A draw with 3 red cards apiece is the dream. We need both these teams dropping points.

Hawks2008

Would prefer a draw but I would mind at all it if City battered Liverpool, they're so fecking overrated it's sickening.

Schneckerl

Sure they don't have the best defence but they have arguably the best attack in the league, so they'll win games 4-3 if they have to.
Is this based on this years 3 game sample size?

Liverpool was 4th in GF last year and their most productive player is causing trouble.

Wayne's World

I'd rather cheer on ISIS then cheer on Liverpool.....

I hope for a draw but I'd find it just as satisfying If City hit them for a big score

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

Secretly all supporters of rival clubs hopes for the other teams best players to miss out due to injury, but somehow it isn't deemed appropriate to express.

I'd love for Mane, KDB, Hazard and Kane to miss a few weeks with a pulled hamstring.

Wishing broken bones and career enders on someone is something entirely else though.

Oscie

I don't get it. City are obviously more of a threat to our aims this season that Liverpool. It's just a case of being practical.

In one thread we're all "winning is all that matters", in another thread it's "who cares if this makes us less likely to win the title, at least Liverpool lost a match in September!" Liverpool will lose plenty more, far more than City this season. I want Chelsea and City to lose every game they play until the table gives me reason to have other teams in our sights. Wanting the best outcome for United surely is more important than anything else.

AshRK

Just to see some meltdown from those bluemoon feckers, city losing will be good. Moreover,long term city are bigger threat to our title challenge so they better drop points.

Sigma

High scoring draw or high scoring Liverpool win. I think City will finish higher than Liverpool so that's why.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Cannot imagine myself being overly pleased with either team winning so I'd settle for a draw in that case with the added bonus of a 22 man brawl on the pitch. Something similar to United vs Arse back back in the day but on a far larger scale, like the infamous scene from Anchorman. Yes, that'll do nicely.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We should be hoping for a draw. No way am I cheering on Liverpool. Can just about stomach City doing well, but the thought of how smug that Klopp will be if they won the league would be harder to take.

Best scenario is if they both lose:D

saivet

I hope Liverpool win today. Won't celebrate their goals, won't even watch it. Put them in an acca and I don't consider them title contenders, whereas I do City.

C3Pique

Don't care if City win, even if they win the league I will be 'meh' about it. But Liverpool can get fecked as their fans and manager chat a load of shite given that they've not won anything for years. Draw > City Win > Catching Aids > Liverpool win for me.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I hope Liverpool win today. Won't celebrate their goals, won't even watch it. Put them in an acca and I don't consider them title contenders, whereas I do City.
I'm the opposite, I don't believe you should write them off as non-contenders - way too early. The best thing is for them and City not to get too much of a momentum.

Sad Chris

A draw costs our opponents 4 points in total, a win either way only 3 points.

A draw is the only logical choice without a doubt.

The emotional choice would be a loss for Liverpool.

My betting choice was a draw with more than 3 goals, Aguero scoring, yellow card for Can and more than 10.5 corners

Status
Not open for further replies.