Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Liverpool will roll over, 'Godiola' praises Plopp for 'playing the right way'.

Liverpool fans will rather lose to citeh because they know citeh going undefeated all season bothers United and they are that pathetic.

DdeGoat

Liverpool are only 3 points behind us and there is not a chance in hell we'll catch up to City. Always the preference is for the competition to falter. We aren't in a competition with City, we are in one with Liverpool.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Whatever happens, I hope we all accept the result as befits mature and sensible adults.
Personally, I hope Poop Flopiola and the Werewolf One both lose.

IRELANDUNITED

they are that pathetic.[/QUOTE]

This is true sadly, for some if not all of them. Shame to see from a once great club

Rafateria

Liverpool are only 3 points behind us and there is not a chance in hell we'll catch up to City. Always the preference is for the competition to falter. We aren't in a competition with City, we are in one with Liverpool.
I can't believe any sensible United fan isn't following this line. We are 3 points behind you and the GD is closing (was 17 or 18 now it's down to 4).

I don't believe either team will win big and I can't see either team not conceding. I have literally no idea what to predict. Hoping Salah is fit to start and not just on the bench.
It would be a massive statement, and confidence booster to the whole club post-Coutinho, for us to win though.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Liverpool fans will rather lose to citeh because they know citeh going undefeated all season bothers United and they are that pathetic.
Is this a bad joke?

We’re 3 points behind you and close to 2nd. I want us to win obviously.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It has to be a City win or a draw from a United perspective, although City losing their unbeaten run would be a nice bonus of the worst case scenario.

In other words, feck cheering for Liverpool (on this occasion).

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
City win please. I hope they go undefeated till the 37th game and lose to an incorrectly awarded penalty in the stoppage time of their last game

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I hope City do them 8-0 with Sterling getting all 8 of them, before running over to the Liverpool fans and unveiling a t-shirt that says '27 years and counting'.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

What on earth are you talking about?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Would rather have City win this. We aren't catching them, while Liverpool isn't far behind us. Plus I hate them much more, but that's just a bonus.
Don't really care about City's unbeaten run, if they'll do it, it would mean that they deserved it.

walkinhop

Klopp sets up defensively, holds out 89 minutes, City win it with a goal from Sterling. Pepinho tells the media Klopp learned from Mourinho and failed.

Empathy 2020

Supports
Most
It will end 2-2. Highly entertaining match. Goal scorers included Salah and Aguero.

I am putting my crystal ball away now :cool:

Marcus

Errr, lots of red cards and then the match has to be replayed because of lack of players on the field. Then they have to have a replay another day. A city win thereafter.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool

Only thing pathetic here is that statement mate. Oh and the names you gave the managers makes you sound about 5 years old.

Klopp sets up defensively, holds out 89 minutes, City win it with a goal from Sterling. Pepinho tells the media Klopp learned from Mourinho and failed.
I think we both know that neither of those two are going to happen

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Only thing pathetic here is that statement mate. Oh and the names you gave the managers makes you sound about 5 years old.

I think we both know that neither of those two are going to happen
Klopp setting up defensive isn't impossible though isn't it? Last season Liverpool won 1-0 playing defensively against City at Anfield.

Trizy

Hope for a Liverpool win. City are massively high on confidence and 1 loss could lower than feeling of being unbeatable.

Other teams might look to get at them as well.

GeorgieBoy

1-0 to City please. 90+8th minute, incorrectly-awarded, deflected, offside penalty which doesn't quite cross the line. Salah, Mane and Firmino all to get reds for protesting the goal.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Silly and rather baseless post. Surely they want to win since they are only 3 points behind you?

Jacko21

City win and it'll crystallise their burgeoning invincibility. Liverpool win and it'll be their year next season.

I'd sooner City lost and one of their twinkle-toed forwards got crocked. Preferably Sane.

ROFLUTION

I can't believe any sensible United fan isn't following this line. We are 3 points behind you and the GD is closing (was 17 or 18 now it's down to 4)
There is more to the picture than this though - City is on an undefeatable run - It would be nice to see it end, so they can't boast about being "the invincibles" at the end of the season.

For me personally its a slightly win/win. City beats or draw you, good for us - you beat them, that awful run is stopped. I'm fairly confident we'll make top 4.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
City win and it'll crystallise their burgeoning invincibility. Liverpool win and it'll be their year next season.

I'd sooner City lost and one of their twinkle-toed forwards got crocked. Preferably Sane.
If this happens they'll just go out and spend another 100 million on a temporary replacement.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Hope for a City win, we aren't catching them and Liverpool fans are getting all smug again.

Seems like the sort of game Liverpool could win though. Klopp is a hell of a motivator for this sort of game and it's increased relevance on the back of Coutinho leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.