Chelsea 2018/19 - 3rd and European Champions. Sarri, not sorry

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Their squad is obviously not crap. They have a decent squad.
They had a horrible time last season for a talented/decent squad.

A few months ago the talk was about how Sarri (unlike Mourinho) could come in and stamp his methods on the squad so fast! He's shown enough that if the board want to commit to a better style of playing that they should stick with him despite this blip.

If they don't care about all of that then sure sack him, that is their MO by the way.

Alabaster Codify7

Sarri won't turn this around. Chelsea's players are the worst for downing tools, you'll never, ever get a 'comeback' story at Chelsea - no manager ever has turned the tide once it starts turning against him. Sarri will be gone before the summer, which is crazy because he started so well. Mad to think some fans wanted him at OT - It'd have been LVG v 2.0, with us bored to tears and wanting him out in less than one season. Weird how things turn out.

This is fantastic news for us though, we'll overtake them into 4th soon.

izec

Still good enough to score against the lower league sides at will and save them, as i predicted. It was a good move from them to bring in Higuain.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Sarri won't turn this around. Chelsea's players are the worst for downing tools, you'll never, ever get a 'comeback' story at Chelsea - no manager ever has turned the tide once it starts turning against him. Sarri will be gone before the summer, which is crazy because he started so well. Mad to think some fans wanted him at OT - It'd have been LVG v 2.0, with us bored to tears and wanting him out in less than one season. Weird how things turn out.

This is fantastic news for us though, we'll overtake them into 4th soon.
Then they go and win 4-0 :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Huddersfield are the worst team in the division by far. In their next three games they face City away and us at home so they'll be bigger tests to see how they are with an actual striker.

cyberman

Huddersfield are the worst team in the division by far. In their next three games they face City away and us at home so they'll be bigger tests to see how they are with an actual striker.
Reminds me of our win v Fulham before we tanked v Liverpool and City

cyberman

Ah well, if they're looking like they're going to cement 4th place ahead of us, then we'll just have to win the Champions League. No big deal.
Holy shit our fans give up so easily!
We win 8 in a row and its all let's just wait and see..

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Reminds me of our win v Fulham before we tanked v Liverpool and City
Totally different situation though. Sarri actually is a good manager. Not to mention, Chelsea have done alright under him up until recently they've started slipping.

Still, being around 4th/5th is acceptbleish for a club like Chelsea. We were 6th and by some distance under Mourinho.

el3mel

True, but it was only mid-table Bournemouth last week.

I'm not saying that beating Huddersfield is some worldly achievement, far from it, just wanted to point out that Chelsea are still in control.
Bournemouth away is a very hard game.

Huddersfield are a nothing team and this isn't a match I follow predicting a rival to drop points in. They'll drop points in other harder encounters.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It's Huddersfield.
Huddersfield don't usually lose this heavily, their defense are pretty decent ( only lost narrowly to Arsenal and Liverpool) they just have the bluntest attack i have ever seen at this level.

It by no means has stopped the rot permanently but this is a good and much needed win all the same.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Always been a fan of Higuain but he will miss his fair share of chances. I wonder if stats back up this impression of him, anyone?
Nope

Since the beginning of the 2006-07 season, Higuain has scored a hefty 224 goals - the sixth most across Europe's top five leagues.

- Only Barcelona’s Lionel Messi (20.94 percent) has a better shot-conversion rate than Higuain's 19.96 percent of the six strikers to have 200-plus goals in that same period.

https://futaa.com/za/article/171671/statistics-behind-new-chelsea-striker-higuain
The WC botched chance seems to have tainted my opinion. And I do remember a restless Bernabeu seemingly getting on his back.

Djemba-Djemba

Anyone throwing in the towel because they've beaten Huddersfield at home wants their head checking.

Huddersfield must be in with a shout as the worst PL side of all time. Have they beat Derby's points total yet?

Kapardin

Bournemouth are worlds better than Huddersfield. Honestly feels like people just like overreacting to results on here.
Huddersfield are abysmal. Not saying Chelsea won't improve, but this isn't the game to judge them by. Even we thumped Fulham 4-0 under Jose and it was by no means a renaissance.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea's remaining games v the top 4:
Man City (a)
Spurs (h)
Liverpool (a)
Man Utd (a)

Tough set of fixtures.
Sounds tough, we already won at Anfield, beat Spurs at home though in cups and City at home in league. I think our biggest weaknesses is not knowing how to attack against well organized deep defences.

If the other team wants the ball too and Kante goes bit deeper actually suits us. Also players more motivated.

Reminds me off us in late 90s. Conceding 4 goals in a half to Sunderland back then but beat Barcelona and Utd comfortably at home. Wouldn't be surprised if we got good results against top 4 but drop points elsewhere.

CognitiveNeuro

Sounds tough, we already won at Anfield, beat Spurs at home though in cups and City at home in league. I think our biggest weaknesses is not knowing how to attack against well organized deep defences.

If the other team wants the ball too and Kante goes bit deeper actually suits us. Also players more motivated.

Reminds me off us in late 90s. Conceding 4 goals in a half to Sunderland back then but beat Barcelona and Utd comfortably at home. Wouldn't be surprised if we got good results against top 4 but drop points elsewhere.
You won at Anfield playing a second string side where Klopp doesn't care about the cups and goes out at the first round all the time. Though you have a good record there, it isn't cut and dry like that. Your away record against the top 6 under Sarri is woeful as well.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

cyberman

Totally different situation though. Sarri actually is a good manager. Not to mention, Chelsea have done alright under him up until recently they've started slipping.

Still, being around 4th/5th is acceptbleish for a club like Chelsea. We were 6th and by some distance under Mourinho.
But we finished second last year under Jose. Sarri has had nothing but the new manager bounce.
Its just a trend I see on here, we're only ever catching a side when they drop points. One win for them and that's that. Corner is turned and we have to win every game from now till May to keep up.
A win at home v a nothing side doesn't prove anything. They should have won today and they did.
We have Fulham after Leicester. A win there doesn't prove anything nor should it.
Its the exact same scenario.

el3mel

But we finished second last year under Jose. Sarri has had nothing but the new manager bounce.
Its just a trend I see on here, we're only ever catching a side when they drop points. One win for them and that's that. Corner is turned and we have to win every game from now till May to keep up.
A win at home v a nothing side doesn't prove anything. They should have won today and they did.
We have Fulham after Leicester. A win there doesn't prove anything nor should it.
Agree. People acting like to catch Chelsea they need to not win any game at all for the remaining season. People need to understand there're games who are simply winnable whatever shite you're. Anyone will defeat Huddersfield at home.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Anyone throwing in the towel because they've beaten Huddersfield at home wants their head checking.

Huddersfield must be in with a shout as the worst PL side of all time. Have they beat Derby's points total yet?
No. Need 1 point in the remaining 13 games which should be doable.
Agree. People acting like to catch Chelsea they need to not win any game at all for the remaining season. People need to understand there're games who are simply winnable whatever shite you're. Anyone will defeat Huddersfield at home.
Apart from Everton, Burnley, Wolves (Huddersfield beat them 2-0!) and Cardiff.

el3mel

No. Need 1 point in the remaining 13 games which should be doable.

Apart from Everton, Burnley, Wolves (Huddersfield beat them 2-0!) and Cardiff.
Any big team I mean. Don't be too focusing on words as they're Damien. :D

arthurka

We will be in 4th place before march..
There it is I've said it.

Owen06

Imagine winning the champions league to qualify for the champions league.
With ole holding his medal with his right hand,running around the pitch with his squicky clean white T-SHIRT with"even Paul ince could have done it"written at the front of it. stuff of dreams.:drool:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I wouldn't say they have turned a corner, as such, but a 4-0 is sure to lift their spirits regardless of the relative strength of the opposition - their new striker scoring a couple (including a worldy by all accounts) won't do any harm either.

They are bound to drop points over the next 4 games so we have to capitalize on that - I have every confidence we will.